Click here if you forgot your password.

Solo packs

Solo packs
Tuesday 15/11/2011, 17:33
Orpheus - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
147 messages
Solo packs
Orpheus - Legend - §§ Les Gentlemen Ténébreux §§English - Tuesday 15/11/2011, 17:33

After few months of existence the solo mode gets a new, clearer look, allowing better access to a large number of challenges.From now on the challenges are grouped in packs of 14. As before, each challenge has its associated mission, and furthermore each pack is associated to a special mission requiring to win all the medals in the pack.The existing challenges are now regrouped in two packs : Promising Exploits includes the first 14 decks, while Assault Course regroups the 14 next and more difficult challenges.On the same occasion we introduce 2 additional packs. Each pack can be unlocked for 20 credits and offers not only 14 new motivating challenges but also missions allowing you to earn more than 2000 Clintz and other rewards, while having fun.In Omega Team you will face the new original challenges of Cheng and Lydia Omega, while Sworn enemies will lead you into the heart of the struggle between Lord Ruthven and Sir Mac Gregor.Don’t wait any longer to discover these new challenges!
« Previous12345678910...1415Next »

21/147
Fraggle - Admin - Clint Staff English
Tuesday 15/11/2011, 18:16

@UR_Chaos: Yes, it will be in the iPhone app at some point.

@0 Comedian: you're feeling that because it's was the only thing to buy. Again, solo missions are VERY costy to produce (as cards), and since it interrest only a fraction of the players, it make sense for us to give them a (fair) price. Otherwise, to be honest, we will not make any more solo levels.

It's nothing like the other features you are talking about.
22/147
Steel X_HoA - Legend - Harbingers of Ares Română

Ok, I get it ... it`s your choice, if you want to spend 20 credits on those `Solo Packs`, then go on, if not ... simply Don`t (to an extent, some packs may be worth under 1.5k, like if you get an awful NB or Classic so it could be worse if you buy a pack ... well, that`s one case).
But what`s up with all those typo`s ? Some missions are in French (title or description) and some have `fail` descriptions, for example, `Shock Nurses` (from `Sworn Enemies`) says that Tobbie & Dayton infiltrated Bridget`s female group ... but there is Flinch & Dayton, and not Tobbie ... on another one I saw `Kusari` instead of `Kusuri` ... things like that. They`re not a serious problem, but it is a bit annoying. Could something be done in this way ? Thank you.
On a side note I noticed the AI players get good cards to use, like Spyke and serious Crs such as Marlysa Cr and even Lyse Teria Cr They`re indeed not unbeatable but I stated that only as a good remark
23/147
Kryoza - Titan English

In my opinion, Multiplayer is far more interesting that what the Single plyer missions are offering. HOwever, there are some very interesting challenges in the Solo pqacks, forcing players to use predetermined decks and such. I woul personnaly prefer seeing those features as part of new MP modes. For me it is interesting, but I would rather spend my credits on cards
24/147
ON_Ragnarok - Titan - Carry ON Português
Tuesday 15/11/2011, 18:21

"0 Comedian - Legend - Vicious Salvo Us flag
Today at 17:12

My problem is that credits should be used for packs only. You start pulling stunts like this and little by little parts of the game will cost credits. The next will be an event or to unlock a new card or to unlock a new guild bonus. I think players support UR plenty. Making players pay credits to play certain parts of the game does not sound very inviting."

Solo missions would be a perfect Clintz sink, along with alternate art cards (for the one using the card only) or small little details like more menu pics, access to more comment smiles and other stuff that doesn't influence UR economy or gameplay.

I'm not complaining about the price since I will gladly pay for these solo missions (around 2€ if you buy the credits), but paying something around 2.000 clintz for each mission (like 16.000 for 8 missions) would theoretically cost more to unlock them (giving no direct revenue like credits) and people would complain less, since it's easier to earn clintz.
25/147
pl91 - Guru - URBAN MADNESS ελληνικά
Tuesday 15/11/2011, 18:21

Also whats with all that it is costly to make them????u chose to make it a free game so bare with it
26/147
Frogs N Roses - Titan - TRiNiTY English
Tuesday 15/11/2011, 18:26

They make something interesting and everyone complains...
I'd like to point out that every time I've earned 20 creds from playing the game alone I've never got a decent pack. I'm more than willing to have those creds to go to some solo computer fights.
Free online game? Don't say that or it won't be free anymore
27/147
JR_Ledeir - Imperator - The Trend English
Tuesday 15/11/2011, 18:26

I am not entirely sure how I feel about this.
On one hand I agree it is great having these solo missions. They are good when you don't want to wait for a real person or even for testing out some decks.
Apparently I am one of the few who actually completed them though, although that may be due to the fact the missions completion seemed to be a bit buggy. I had to do them several more times than required before it finally registered.
I can see where people would grumble about paying credits for them. I'm not sure if it really is worth 20...
I will probably buy them because I like seeing the "full" tag next to the solo missions and really its only paying a couple dollars for an hour of entertainment... Based on my bad luck with the new blood packs thats worth it...
28/147
Garlyle - Imperator - Den of Urban Masters English
Tuesday 15/11/2011, 18:30

I would pay the price, but only if I know I get that much credits back, or some really good cards.
29/147
Fraggle - Admin - Clint Staff English
Tuesday 15/11/2011, 18:34

@Kryoza: you can get most of the "directed" feeling of the solo play in multi if you play in events.

@JR_Ledeir: the difficulty (for "gold" completion) has been raised quite a bit since we KNOW we are talking to people interrested in solo.

@garlyle: you wont get your "credits back", but you'll get at least 1500 clintz + other stuff if you complete all of the levels, especially if you go for gold.
30/147
DerMagus - Legend - Tequila Sunrise- UR Deutsch
Tuesday 15/11/2011, 18:36

"My problem is that credits should be used for packs only." As sb. not associated with the company... Why? Let's take Magic: You pay for cards, right, but also for protective sleeves, life counters, novels... a lot of extra stuff, in that case mostly phyiscal but clearly connected to the game.

No, I am not overly thrilled by this since I feel slightly forced to spend credits there in order to reach my goal (all mission points!). That's surely new and the first time one goal is simply barred without spending credits there.
Then again, it is not a big thing in my opinion. I played years without buying Credits; I finally bought credits... if I break it down, I payed approx 3 cents per game (not sure on the exact number of Credits I _bought_)... which is quite fair, imo - I cannot really do price/time.
One can easily look at it like not being usually free... it usually IS NOT THERE . Still, I see where you come from and as I said I am not overly thrilled and a little worried - especially since it will be comparetively short and one off but "must have" if your playing focusses on mission completion - and there is no entry fee for ELO or tournaments after all. It's a bit... strange.

Bottomline: On the "ambivalent" side but with leanings to "still ok" rather than shady cashgrab.

« Previous12345678910...1415Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals