Bus driver

Bus driver
Friday 23/12/2011, 10:59
Orpheus - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
88 messages
Bus driver
Orpheus - Legend - LOST in UrbanEnglish - Friday 23/12/2011, 10:59

He only just managed to escape from the deadly jaws of the fearsome Kolos but now he’s back and he’s not happy! Interviewed by Clint TV before setting out to attack the prehistoric monster, Travis Ld simply said, “He shouldn’t have messed with my bus!” But before reaching Kolos he’ll need to fend off a host of adversaries and he’s counting on your help to do that!Travis Ld is a legendary character who is only available by carrying out missions connected with her. To obtain this character, you must unlock her last mission before January 22nd.
« Previous123456789Next »

71/88
kazjun - Titan - aussie crusaders English
Saturday 31/12/2011, 07:21

As for beginners having to have the Ld, well, I think UR brought it on themselves. Look, the Ld's get advertised on the front page, and they've got that extra pane on the left (which I wish I could toggle off since I hate clutter) everytime they play. So yes, newplayers come in, constantly see the Ld's, get reminded of what the missions are. Is it then so unreasonable to think that they may see that as a goal to get? One month to draw them into the game as it were. And while I wouldn't say sellers are torturing people to get the cards, you can't deny that prices for the whole clan go up whenever a Ld comes out. And cards that are staple or involved in missions only go up more.

And not sure you can really say much about crap cards going Cr's giving beginners cash. Like wasteroftime said, a beginner with a small collection is unlikely to have it (and then probably only one), while older or richer players will likely have it for sure (and probably in multiples). For beginners it would be like winning the old lottery or new slots, for big collections it'd be like the 50 clintz for a dt, they only have to be there. So not really equalising things.
72/88
UM_Screx - Imperator - URBAN MADNESS English
Saturday 31/12/2011, 08:30

By dt, i think you mean cr? Anyways, i do not think beginners feel pressured to get the ld just because its always there. Like advertisements on a phone or billboard, most people just appear to ignore them. As for the crap cards, i feel that if a beginner had one before it went cr, they'd get an easy 10000, which is quite useful to work with, especially considering previous clintz. Besides, these are cheap rather than useful, which is why i'd doubt them getting one before it goes cr. Although it hasn't happened for awhile, it has happened numerous times, and will be highly possible in the future. Do good players really have admiral py, chad bread, or cards like terry usually. Not me, and i have a number of valuable cards. Probably the primary reason i support inflation while you don't, and i feel now that it requires an equilibrium, is because if everything went your way, cards like Tremorh would be like 300 clintz, and Kolos would be like 4000. Although with mine cards like Aurora would be 70000, and Kolos out of question. Although its as balanced as it'll get, you forgot the golden rule on why the price of cards go up for there clan. Because of people willing to swindel people of clintz? Perhaps, but this market relies on buy and demand, and as people want these cards, the price will go up whether you like it or not. Even if things wouldn't quite work out your way, face the facts, if prices on UR dropped, some rich guy will take advantage, and all this is fair game in marketing rules. If somebody wants to buy 100 kolos's, then why not? I'd like to say let the games begin, but they already have! The equilibrium must stay in tact, otherwise havock will break loose, whether it be new people running around with DJ Korr Cr, or being stuck with Ogoun Kyu. It all lies on the equilibrium
73/88
Saturday 31/12/2011, 08:58

No, I mean dt. For a new player to have a card go Cr is like winning a lottery, cause they have a small collection. For guys with bigger collections or richer players it's no lottery. Its like a dt where they just show up and play one game and get 50 clintz. Its that easy. I got 7 Cr's and I didn't even have to try for them. When I started, I'd have had very little chance at all.

As for your world view, there's normal supply and demand. Then ld's come and artificially inflated prices for a clan. If missions for the Ld's then became more specific, that would only increase the amount of inflation and speculation. Having non specific missions controls this inflation and speculation cause it allows more options both within and outside that Ld's clan. Franky I don't know how you could even support the idea that having Aurora be worth 70k and Kolos out of reach for all but the rich would ever be good for the game. Newplayers would dry to a trickle, and the playing population would shrink as people dropped out without anyone to replace them. Then you'd be left with nothing but the hardcore rich that would only shrink over time. And then what market would you have left to play with if everyone is rich and already has all the cards they need? Your method would mean the end of UR and your market play.
74/88
Saturday 31/12/2011, 17:25

I dont support it, i support the equalibrium. Dt i guess means daily tournament. The main reasons why prices go up, is because now, theres more of a use for the cards, rather than just fight. Besides, it's not always the rich getting rich. What if the newcomers had Trey or Andsom before bonnie came out? Going back to the equilibrium, the cards retain their value, while also not groqing to expensive that new people can't get them. If things get much cheaper, then one man will buy them and have a monopoly... Of cards. I'm getting tired of these posts, but i feal i have made my statement. We both have supported our sides of the debate. Good job and what not. Congrats on 7 crs. I had 7 marcos myself. Who knows, maybe we will have a fair debate later!
75/88
Sunday 01/01/2012, 03:27

Not sure its much of an equilibrium if the market is full of speculation and inflation. Or how you can see that it could result in cards currently 10k jumping to 70k and yet not acknowledge the damage that such a thing would do to the game. Still, guess there's not much more to say other than to agree to disagree.

And I only brought up the Cr's cause it shows how cards going Cr are far more likely to bring in profits to older or richer players than newcomers. You can't have massive inflation than expect new players to make up the difference by getting cards go Cr. Anyway, Happy New Year and best wishes for 2012.
76/88
Sunday 01/01/2012, 06:21

U 2, hope this year'll be a good one!
77/88
badredu.s. - Senior - - RaW Talent - English
Sunday 01/01/2012, 20:34

Umm im pretty sure Travis Ld is a male unlsse he/she had surgery
78/88
Monday 02/01/2012, 06:31

Like i said earlier, if he were female, the artwork and bio would have many more hints to it.
79/88
Kate - Urban Rivals Staff English
Monday 02/01/2012, 17:12

80/88
Soundtrack-HW - Imperator - humanoid weapons English
Wednesday 04/01/2012, 10:27

How come i got him at lvl 2? lol

« Previous123456789Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals