Who is DT penalized?
Sunday 22/04/2012, 06:17
Lafoote - Titan English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
13 messages
Who is DT penalized?
Lafoote - Titan - Hip Hop MessiahzEnglish - Sunday 22/04/2012, 06:17

This was listed as upcoming.

- We will create a list of penalized characters in DT which will be independent from the list of ELO banned characters. The rule will probably remain the same: -2 points for each penalized character un your 4 characters team. We might change the penalty in the future if necessary.

Did it happen? Is it coming? Currently the Tournament page seems to indicate BOTH the ELO banned and the additional list incur a -2 penalty.
« Previous12Next »

2/13
nnjabanditpig - Veteran - War Party English
Sunday 22/04/2012, 11:26

Daily Tournaments: Characters with penalties

Some characters give a 2 points penalty at the end of each match in Daily Tournament. You can see the list of these characters below:
Sakrohm (2)
Guru Cr
GraksmxxT

Junkz (1)
DJ Korr Cr

Roots (1)
Kiki Cr

La Junta (1)
General Cr

Montana (3)
Lyse Teria Cr
Vickie Cr
Mona

Nightmare (1)
Kolos

Leaders (2)
Ambre
Hugo

Uppers (3)
Jackie Cr
Zatman
Nellie

Rescue (2)
Marco Cr
Alec Cr

only these apply
3/13
about4turtles - Imperator - URBAN MADNESS English
Sunday 22/04/2012, 21:17

I find it funny that Mona & Nelie are penalized but Spyke & Uranus aren't
4/13
Lafoote - Titan - Hip Hop Messiahz English
Monday 23/04/2012, 03:33

Ninja, I understand that is who is supposed to be banned. With the DT rules page still listing the ELO bans, I just can't believe it until I hear it from the UR staff.
5/13
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Monday 23/04/2012, 18:05

Its an offical list as its on the Tournament page. Though im not sure if the ELO bans is a bug that its still there.
6/13
biomin - Veteran English
Thursday 10/05/2012, 01:54

So, cards banned in elo don't incur the -2 penalty? Only those cards on the aforementioned list? It would be great if someone from the staff would clear things up.
7/13
Lafoote - Titan - Hip Hop Messiahz English
Thursday 10/05/2012, 05:05

Wouldn't it though?
8/13
Growing WMD - Titan - Wise Men Distracted English
Friday 11/05/2012, 09:16

There was a glitch during the transition to the new tournament set up. Where no card was penalized. This brought back all the Upper/Montana decks we all "loved" in the past, including more Jackies, Vickies, Lyse Teria Cr, and Zatman. Why because they no longer had their -2 penalties. The problem has been corrected and all permeant ELO banned cards have a -2 penalty. As to curb Upper/Montana as mentioned Mona &Nellie also have a penalty. No other card has a -2 penalty, including leaders and cards banned weekly from ELO. After penalties where put in place experienced players switched to the tiny cut 16*- 20* decks. I might not be a part of Staff but I am a experienced DT player, placing top 5 in many tournaments before, during, and after the glitch. In my guild ,WMD, we have also had many lengthy discussions about this subject, with many players being victorious in Dts. If any one from staff would like to back up my statement that would be appreciated.
9/13
MadLampy - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Saturday 12/05/2012, 15:18

@ Growing: so everyone else gets a break ( Spyke/graks etc ) yet Uppers/mont gets penalised for just having good synergy? bit sucky

and yup, i can appreciate taking a hit for my jackie and vickie, but when folk get Spyke etc and i have to take a hit for Mona it's a little bit smarting
10/13
Growing WMD - Titan - Wise Men Distracted English
Saturday 12/05/2012, 17:54

@MadLampy Grak is permabanned so he does have a penalty.

You first have to understand the mechanics of how DTs used to be played before the tiny cut revolution. Spyke needs his ability to win matches, his bonus does not help him win. And then he doesn't have much synergy going on with his clan compared to up/mon
Mona can easily take out Spyke, why? Mona against Spyke would be a 4/4 - 12 attack while Spyke is a 5/5. Meaning that Mona would have a 2 pill advantage over Spyke. she brings down the opponents power by 2 forcing them to pill more then before. Same thing with Nellie. she brings most cards down to her power and then the -10 forces them to pill. Being able to win a round even when your opponent pills more is huge. Especially when you can just come out and out pill your opponent for the following rounds. 7 pills on Spyke is heated by 5 pills on Mona. Then she has the support of her clan members to finish the job. With a banned card like Vickie Cr to finished the job. 7 pill Spyke taken out by 4 pills on jackie. they can easily win rounds without having to pill much. As well as being great bluffs. That is why Montana and Uppers where so effective, they could easily dominate any opponent in 2 rounds and move on. Thats why they used to dominate tournaments and staff had to put changes in place to make it more "fair." The one thing i hated running into in tournaments was other Montana/upper decks. Because then it came down to who had the better hand, pulled off a

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals