Question to the moderating staff

Friday 06/07/2012, 02:50
- DoO - - Legend ελληνικά

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
25 messages
- DoO - - Legend - UTOPiAελληνικά - Friday 06/07/2012, 02:50

Yop. Thx for allowing this. I've been around here since ages and never posted a thread like that before. Not because i don't care, but because i know that what i'm gonna say will only harm and not change anything. In the past, there were ultra cards realeased (such as Caelus let's say) but there is no comparison with this. I have a simple question :

Is Kalindra gonna stay around in elo? Are we serious? I completely disagree with the creation of the clan and especially this card, but whatever, who cares. Allowing it in elo though, is at least hilarious. If you wanna make the ELO mode ONLY a game of luck, you're much closer (though there have been already received too many decisions to that direction, but nevermind)

You know people have 4 cards. Now with this thing, Kalindra, who needs the other 3? you have a 10/16 (don't tell me you will have trouble getting revenge) with fury if the opp has no soa/sob(which is ultra hard, because you gotta have 2 soa and play 2nd, or 3 soa and play first to stop it). Where ''stop'' = 10/8 stats for it. Do you think it's normal? Do you think that the elo restrictions go along with this thing?

This is hilarious. Remove it.
« Previous123Next »

11/25
Blue_Muffin - Hero - Time Conquers All English
Saturday 07/07/2012, 07:14

@ Snowman, Charlie isn't Elo Banned, while not as expensive as Kalindra, she's certainly more than Spyke. Also, Cortez is as expensive as Kalindra and not banned. So cost has little to do with whether a card is banned or not.

As for the argument, Kalindra isn't unstoppable. Sure, she can cause a large life gap, but for her to do so, she kinda needs most/all the pillz the opponent has to do that. So that gives you 3 rounds to kill them. If you really have problems with her, like every few games, change your deck. Play Roots. Plenty of DR and SOA to stop her, as well as their own +life to get the win.
12/25
Fallenkezef - Senior English
Saturday 07/07/2012, 07:57

"Kalindra and Spyke need banned. not only are they impossible to win against but rarely is any other card that is not elo banned more expensive than these two. any other card that costs that much is elo banned."

Impossible?

I beat a kalindra deck yesterday. Bluffed with a Karrion and got a Kenny through with fury, I ended up with more life and won
13/25
Trippie - Legend - Open Casket English
Saturday 07/07/2012, 09:43

Most +1 life per damage cards and poison cards aren't very strategic, along with Gretchen and Eddie for heal. They are simple guessing games.

I'd say there are very few strategic poison cards, with Freaks being decent, and Muze too. Dolly, Karrion & Azel are pretty much guesses.

Zhu Tang isn't so bad as he can be countered very easily, Cutey is horrible as are Kenny and Kalindra.

Basically any card that can create a life gap of 8+ becomes a guessing game if there's no easy counter.
14/25
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Saturday 07/07/2012, 11:14

@Trippie: I agree with you completely. However, the list of 8+ gap cards is simply enormous these days... Most 5*s can deliver that gap, or at least 7 and have incredible round winning power. Many 4*s, especially in clans with bonus damage/life gain, are capable of 8+ gaps.

I think what we're experiencing with cards like Spyke, Kalindra, Troompah, Sammy, etc. is just normal card game power creep. Bluffing and guesswork are a big part of UR, and it seems like it's a little bit too late to change that... So what we're seeing is that every clan ends up with a "coin flip" card that, if drawn, makes your chances of winning 50/50 no matter how well your opponent plays.

I would love to see this eventually balanced out in some way. Maybe a new ability, something like "Rage" that causes the card to gain extra damage from Fury if the opponent has more life, or something like that. That would make 1st/2nd/3rd turn LPD fury much less viable. People might actually have to try to pill their LPD cards "right" instead of throwing all their pills on them...
15/25
- DoO - - Legend - UTOPiA ελληνικά
Saturday 07/07/2012, 14:09

As ghelas said i agree 100% with trippie. The problem with kalindra though, is that it's not only a monstrous damager. it's monstrous all around. there is no stopping it if the opponent draws it with bonus, unless if he's really stupid. Zhu Tang can hit with 16 too ofc yes. but it has 8 power, so you may got a counter card like a reducer or soa and a card that possibly wins it. With kalindra, when the game starts, it's ultra hard to win a card with 10 power loaded with pillz.

I don't know if this converstaion has any meening. The creation and availability of this card in elo are both hilarious facts. it's obvious even for the blind to see.
16/25
WMDuessel - Imperator - Wise Men Distracted English
Saturday 07/07/2012, 14:16

UR is a game of luck, as are most card games, simply by drawing only 4 cards out of your deck. I suppose we should play 8 rounds now, because apparently luck should be minimized.

If UR is a coin flip every game, then why do the same people reach the top of ELO every week? Why do the people who refuse to learn never improve?

By your logic, Oflgn is a powerful card. Not only can he create a 14 life gap, if you pill enough to beat him he'll just regain pills. But he's not. You guys are looking at a card that looks extremely good on paper and has kicked your butt in certain situations, but I'm pretty sure Kalindra, Kenny and Cutey aren't as overpowered as Guru Cr. No one can just slap Kalindra + Frozn or Karrion, Azel, Phyllis, Kenny in their deck and expect to get 1500 ELO based on pure luck.

I'm pretty sure all of you know this, but UR is never a coin flip. The outcome is based on the decision of both players, not by a systematic dice roll. You can create a situation where you aren't open to a Kalindra bluff (by limiting revenge on the right turns) or playing well in other rounds.

I do hope you understand my point here. You're being too close-minded, OP. Someone doesn't agree with your opinion, you say he/she doesn't play ELO. I may only have a small record, but I know UR isn't just the coin flip you make it sound like. If you aren't winning, don't blame the card, don't rant about it, and don't act like your opinion is the only one that matters.
17/25
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Saturday 07/07/2012, 15:53

@ Dussel:

There are definitely plenty of "coin flip situations in UR. Many matches are determined by you can guess if the opponent stuck his pills into a strong character in Round 3 or in Round 4, for example.

I'm definitely not dismissing that a lot of the decisions in UR are strategic, and while I think cards like Spyke and Kalindra are OP, they're not as dangerously OP as many people believe (because many abilities and bonuses mitigate them at least a little.) But there is still some element of OP, because in many situations, those and some other cards mean that your chances of winning cannot be reduced below 50% in the early turns, as you have the option of a 3rd or 4th turn counter that will automatically salvage the game. Being able to keep the game at the 50% threshold is definitely a big advantage. But, as Trippie mentioned, lots of cards allow this, so Kalindra is not really more OP than many existing cards...

If you think that the 1500+ players are very skilled, I don't think you're necessarily right. The secret seems to be to develop a deck and playstyle that wins from 2/3 to 3/4 games on a regular basis, and then simply to play very often. I say this because I beat players who have achieved 1480-1580 in ELO in the 1300 range multiple times per week.
18/25
- DoO - - Legend - UTOPiA ελληνικά
Friday 05/10/2012, 01:54

Just took another look in this thread. Seems someone here had a point actually.

@Duessel WMD : lfmao. Thx for the endless laugh you so generously gifted me. I trust that with a loooooootttttt of thinking you can reevaluate what you wrote, what i mean, and make a good self-criticism.
19/25
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Friday 05/10/2012, 07:08

Kalindra will not stick around for that long. any card that has that much impact in the meta is always going to be on the chopping block

caelus... yep he went -- and there are actually more counters to him now
Spyke.. went bye bye
and kalindra --- we will vote on her for a few weeks im sure, then UR will also pull her
20/25
MobiusWyrm - Colossus - Second 2 None English
Saturday 06/10/2012, 02:29

Kalindra is definitely a powerful card. Her ability isn't anything new, it is +1 life per damage. Her power and damage are a little below other level 5 cards, and equal to level 4. Her clan's bonus is a reaction based +2 power/+2 Damage. She is scary, but not more so than other +1 Life per damage card that is played on the first round. She is a level 5, and a late game play, and probably played when her bonus is active. She is just a very good example of a card that has an ability that works well with it's bonus.

« Previous123Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals