Montana is running rampant

Tuesday 25/09/2012, 14:34
0 the oracle - Imperator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
15 messages
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open CasketEnglish - Tuesday 25/09/2012, 14:34

OK one of the clans that is not receiving any attention is Montana.... this clan is running RAMPANT in elo they have insanely good cards for mono. one of the most popular decks that i have been seeing WAY too much is:
Avola Desmond Oscar Moses Mona Gianfranco Spiaghi Prince Jr

wow they dont have a single ban this week and the one i have listed is just one of the variants of their decks that can be made. the only real weakness (which isnt even that strong) that i see in this deck is soa... but they would also have a hard time because Montana bonus is THAT hard to deal with.

they really need a perma ban card (Mona / Avola) or at least some weekly bans.
« Previous12Next »

2/15
Saintrl - Master - Bronies English
Tuesday 25/09/2012, 16:42

This is why CoB cards and SoB clans exist, have a nice day.
3/15
-Tatsumaki- - Legend - Deus eX Machina ελληνικά
Tuesday 25/09/2012, 16:57

Yes but until they get a stop card they wont shine in elo where soa clans are very famous..
4/15
Blue_Muffin - Hero - Time Conquers All English
Tuesday 25/09/2012, 16:58

Well weekly bans are determined by players. As for Permabans, those seem to be decided mostly on what cards are regularly getting a large portion of votes by players during the weeks.
5/15
ghelas - Admin - The Trend English
Tuesday 25/09/2012, 20:36

Montana is plagued by low damage. Their high-gap cards are almost all ability reliant.

Yep, a good hand with Avola in it can be terrifying. But Montana are at a huge disadvantage every time they have a low-damage draw, or when facing just enough SoA cards to keep their +damage type abilities from activating.
6/15
HoAzeem - Imperator - Harbingers of Ares English
Tuesday 25/09/2012, 20:43

Montana , the clan relatively easy to deal with . Dude I play them , you get beat as soon as they get a decent poison card/Life card going . and you've basically lost.
Oracle you also need to deal with it , Beeboy Blaaster are out you don't see us complaining .

Play a sob clan if you hate them that much then . To beat Montana all you need to do is pick when to win!!! If you can do that it's a very basic win
7/15
Saintrl - Master - Bronies English
Wednesday 26/09/2012, 01:13

You should see what happens when Saki faces a Montanas, it makes me laugh so hard.
8/15
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open Casket English
Wednesday 26/09/2012, 01:42

SoB does not really counter them (CoB only works because those 2 cards are kinda op) because they have really high powered cards. for instance i think Nightmare will get wrecked by Montana because of powerhouses like Oscar/Mona etc. Saki and Beeboy will get banned next week, i swear.

You see, soa does not even work that well because of how prominent their bonus is. -12 attack means that 2 pillz would need to be spent by all the 7 powered cards in GHEIST. Roots have such low damage cards that unless you draw jenna or rookie is drawn they WILL have trouble. The most important point is that soa clans are receiving CONSTANT weekly bans that compensates their dominance.

The biggest problem I have been asking myself is that how is Rescue getting such crap cards compared to Montana. SIMPLY compare Suzie to Moses. Moses is arguably more useful because it sets up for other 2hko. The point is, Moses is one WHOLE star less. also, Rescue are getting so many bans its almost ridiculous. look at them, something like Alec Cr was banned like 5 years ago, but something as similar Avola is not even getting weekly bans. Of course, i know the Rescue bonus is better, BUT ONLY IN MONO. Montana can ALSO be used in half decks, thus making them more versatile. and really, i dont see many of rescue's stop: cards usable because they have such horrible stats.
9/15
JO3SHMO - Imperator - aussie crusaders English
Wednesday 26/09/2012, 04:16

I've played A LOT with Montana, so here is my two cents:

SOB does not get wrecked by Montana. DareSmurfMe said it well in that with SOB against Montana, you just have to pick when to win. The majority of the time, 2 round wins with and SOB clan (Nightmare in particular) can out gap a Montana hand without Avola.

Is Azel playing 0 pills? 3 pills? 8 pills? If you get hit by any poison card with Montana, you pretty much have to win all remaining rounds and even then it becomes close.

The same life-gap deal applies to SOA clans. Sure Montana still have their bonus, but you have to play PERFECTLY. 2 hits from either SOA clan will have enough of a life gap to win. Some Montana cards work fine against SOA (Desmond, Gianfranco, even Mona) but Spiaghi, Ivy, Moses, Avola etc. lose their effectiveness, and Oscar gets 5 power. When playing with Montana, I am more afraid of SOA than SOB. And seeing as Leviatonn was unbanned this week, my trip to 1314 so far has seen GHEIST (not even exaggerating) 1 in every 2 matches. I wouldn't be game to play mono Montana. (although I am playing half)

The Moses vs Suzie comparison is fair enough, but cards these days are getting better and better. It's bound to happen.

I'm not sure if you've noticed, but Montana DO in fact get bans on occasion - Mona is the most common. Avola was banned reasonably recently too.

Just a note: I'm abusing the Beeboy - Blaaster Cr combo while I can.
10/15
wats_happenin - Titan - Casual Grind English
Wednesday 26/09/2012, 10:08

I personally hate only 2 Montana cards...namely Oscar and Mona...those two are the biggest pieces of doogy doo to be in ELO
95% of non-SOB cards get totalled by those 2

As for the clan itself....meh whatever....unless they draw their 5* they aren't an overly big threat....the annoying aspect is the fact they can win their rounds with little pillz...but you've just got to be clever

they're pretty weak to SOA/SOB, Uppers and Sakrohm....just use one of those clans to demolish them
Note: SOA takes away their damage, SOB just takes them down altogether

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals