Sunday 19/05/2013, 17:45
Taxt1271 - Hero English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
10 messages
Another extremely cheap deck (mono Piranas), please r and c
Taxt1271 - Hero - Limit BreakEnglish - Sunday 19/05/2013, 17:45

Most expensive card is around 3k.

Puff/Tula/Kalder/Taljion/Baba/Coleridge/Kristin/Miss Lizbeth

There's an obvious weakness to SoA, granted, but most SoA nowadays is from Roots and GHEIST, both of which are negated by the SoB. Which only leaves ability SoA, which you'll likely only see two of, at the very most, in any given opponent's hand. Which can be very easy to avoid and play around. It's the same reason Lizbeth and Miss Lizbeth are great cards.

Pros

-Extremely cheap
-Two conditional all-stops with good base stats. Not only are good base stats on an all-stop rare, but the conditional part is actually good because it forces your opponent into dilemmas (like what card to sacrifice to Baba) and it allows you to completely avoid Stop card.
-High damage all around and lots of 2HKO threat. Miss Lizbeth at 9, Coleridge at 6, Kristin at 5 (two different 2HKO combinations without fury there) and three at 4 (which allows for three more 2HKO chances, but with fury).
-Well balanced. Great round winners in Tula, Baba, Kristin, Taljion, and Puff. Great heavy hitters in Miss Lizbeth, Coleridge, and Kristin. Great utility in Kristin, Kalder, and Baba. All it really lacks is DR.

Cons
-Literally the only one I can think of, personally, is a weakness to ability SoA. However, I already explained why I don't think that's a major problem.
-Some may question Kalder's viability, but in reality and practicality his SoB cancels out most attack/power manip and he beats out cards pill for pill

2/10
Z4KALW3 - Guru
Sunday 19/05/2013, 23:08

It's ok, but Piranas have much better for just as cheap.

Tyd is a wall that can go pill for pill with some of the strongest cards in the game. He's a much, much better card than Coleridge and for a star less despite having two less damage.
This lets you replace one of the other lesser 3* cards with Scubb, who is another card under 3k.
Baba can be replaced with Ector who brings the damage back up.

Budget decks are good, but there is such a thing as too cheap. If you really need to go super budget, look for another clan you can go 50/50 with on the cheap without losing as much potential.
3/10
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Sunday 19/05/2013, 23:57

Cheap mono pirates

Ector
Coleridge
Kristin
Puff
Taljion
Tyd
Tula
Scubb

should be good enough to get you 1300 in elo for like 5-6k in clintz? bargain!

upgrades id be looking for is to remove your weakest link... and to be honest id say it is Tula -- get the parrot in there
Raeth is also another upgrade you can save for

after that, budget goes out the window

the best budget option is and always was Roots half decks -- but they were never the easiest clan to use
4/10
Taxt1271 - Hero - Limit Break English
Monday 20/05/2013, 01:11

I really can't see how Tyd is better then Coleridge, no offense. Like I said, ability SoA is rare and easy to dodge around for the most part. This means Coleridge is essentially and 8/6 while Tyd is just an 8/4. That two damage matters for a lot and it's easy to 2HKO with. I think that's worth one star.

Just my two cents.
5/10
toxicblood - Veteran - - RaW Talent - English
Monday 20/05/2013, 04:01

SOA really isn't that rare, it's a staple in most decks. Vortex has X-0DUS, Junkz have Qubik, Jungo has Jean, etc. Also GHEIST don't have any bans this week, so they'll definitely be seen around. If you were to run into a Leviatonn (which you very likely will this week), Tyd is the better choice.
6/10
WMDuessel - Imperator - Wise Men Distracted English
Monday 20/05/2013, 05:59

Two damage for a star is usually worth it, but that SoA weakness isn't. Sure you can dodge SoA easily, as it's likely you won't face more than two SoA ability cards in a hand. However, having one simply forces you to move around and limits when Coleridge can be played (with SoA unplayed, for example, Coleridge will have to play in non-courageous rounds or get stomped), and your other Piranas are vulnerable to this SoA as well, so it's basically a waste.
7/10
AmberRed1994 - Imperator - Limit Break English
Monday 20/05/2013, 10:19

Undisputably, Coleridge is good for a cheap card (a few hundred if I'm not wrong?), 8/6 is by no means weak for a 4*, and yes, SoA is easy to dodge. But i find that Piranas are already weak to SoA (I see Tula, Kalder, Miss Lizbeth in this deck, but sometimes I encounter Ector too.) so even if they don't hit Coleridge, another card affected by SoA will hurt.

I'd still choose Raeth because of the useful attack manipulation, though abit expensive.
8/10
Z4KALW3 - Guru
Monday 20/05/2013, 11:17

I've noticed Tula is a little weaker these days. She used to be a beast, but the average power seems to have crept up from 6-7 to 7-8. Ouch. I'm going to test her out a little before I call her done, though.
9/10
Thai_231 - Veteran - 3LO MA$T3R English
Tuesday 21/05/2013, 09:34

Tula is still a beast against certain clans, especially the attack manip clan and clan with low base power like Allstars or Bangers. However, I have to agree with others that cards like Tula, Kalder and Miss Lizbeth ( or Lizbeth) as well, should not be in the same deck. SOA ability is not rare, many people put two SOA cards like Qubik and Fuzz in the same deck.
10/10
RitzMalheur - Guru English
Thursday 23/05/2013, 03:35

Coleridge is only ever a noticeable problem when you also have Puff. Half your hand being invalidated by any card of the opponent's is dangerous waters.

Piranas have some amazing cheap cards. Puff, indispensable wall, costs nothing; Tula and Goldie, both decent options in a cheap deck, are much cheaper with Duel; Coleridge, Sheryl, and Kristin for inexpensive and excellent 4*; even Sliman exists for the budget five star, and isn't as bad as it could be compared to bonus-reliant clans. Not saying a deck with these cards would be good, but they have many more options for dirt-cheap than you'd expect. The only downside is the huge jump cost takes to get from cheap cards to more worthwhile expensive ones.

Now, if you had to make the cheapest Pirana deck, I would go with these: Hawkins Noel Puff Baba Ector Tyd Coleridge Sheryl Kristin Morgane. Altogether just over 2k, and probably able to get a fair ELO score for one of the cheapest useable decks.

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals