Proper EVO Play

Proper EVO Play
Thursday 05/04/2007, 07:17
StormWhisper - Titan English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
44 messages
Proper EVO Play
StormWhisper - Titan - Wise Men DistractedEnglish - Thursday 05/04/2007, 07:17

The proper Method of EVOing has been apparently under debate for some time. So I am going to spell it out for you again. Tournament EVO is a different animal and I'm not going to bother discussing it. This is the proper method of EVO in the Lost Warehouse as per the old established EVO rules.

1) On your turn in which you play a card first. Select one of your characters. Use 6 pillz. It is ok to use less or more if the character has an exceptionally low or high power, as long as you use the rest only to modify the power of your character. Fury is NEVER appropriate in EVO mode.

2) On your opponents turn. Send up a character, which you don't plan to level. The more stars the better, but this is not necessary if you're trying to level your 5 star character clearly you don't want to send them up. Any maxxed out characters should be used in these slots as long as your opponent can reasonably defeat them.

(More)
« Previous12345Next »

11/44
StormWhisper - Titan - Wise Men Distracted English
Thursday 05/04/2007, 08:43

If you want HAN mode done as well I can create such a thread, however, I don't know the rules nor have I ever seen any such post describing them. EVO has been around a long time as as my name indicates it's the mode I prefer to use as it's been around almost as long as Urban Rivals. If you want to send them to me, I'll see what can be done however since pretty much, I am the English Speaking Moderator.

StormWind
12/44
6SimS-Sven - Guru - UTOPiA English
Thursday 05/04/2007, 16:24

Id like to add more...when randomization occurs for example:Vansaar beats Zlatar with 6 pillz...anyone who gets unluck should play with a card with some pillz(if you have 6 left you should play 3 pillz and then 3 pillz for next card)

another one fury is only good for a draw and for a win...ive done a lot of fury not for win but for draw because you get bonus xp for a draw much higher than a loose...
13/44
PlanchaEVO - Titan Português
Thursday 05/04/2007, 17:56

To me han is nothing but the best application of evo. Always put pilz on cards with low stars and always respond with cards with higher stars. That way you always get the best exp. Its very simple. As for full details about han mode there is a subject alredy made. It would help if it were pinned like this one.
14/44
DerMagus - Legend - Tequila Sunrise- UR Deutsch
Thursday 05/04/2007, 21:16

[quote]
To me han is nothing but the best application of evo. Always put pilz on cards with low stars and always respond with cards with higher stars. That way you always get the best exp.
[/quote]

Simply not true. You: 4/4/4/4; Opponent: 1/1/1/1 - for most xp you should lose every single fight. The ones you win net drastically less xp for both you and your opponent. Aparently it is not as simple as you put/understand it. (Maybe you mean the right thing - your words come here differently)

This article itself is excellent, though. May I suggest making it sticky (is already) and no-post so that dicussion upon related matters are in another thread and no confusion arises? I'll see if I can write up a comprehensive HAN "guide".

(Sidenote: Why always those non-understandable French shortcuts? Some English shortcuts would be much more generally understood, I feel. Took me a bit to get why HAN was named HAN.)
15/44
Thursday 05/04/2007, 21:30

Forcing a draw is fine Nano.I usually try to do that myself. However in the Lost Warehouse there is no benefit for winning the match (I know this for a fact by KO. I'm fairly certain on the other). Since the entire function of Lost Warehouse is to level characters they aren't going to bias it by who wins or who loses as to who gets more XP. That isn't the point of the Lost Warehouse.

And I stand by my statement that Fury is never appropriate in EVO.

As far as Han vs EVO. This is not the place for that discussion. This is a thread explaining the rules of EVO and how to be a better EVO player. Not a debate topic of how much better HAN is or is not than EVO. I will lock this thread if necessary to put an end to that. I am more than willing to put up a similar HAN thread once I understand the rules of HAN.

StormWind
16/44
Thursday 05/04/2007, 22:42

Woah...
i got a question....if you could post the url of this thread on the urban-rivals site?
Because not all players go to forums
17/44
PlanchaEVO - Titan Português
Thursday 05/04/2007, 23:13

I said to put pilz on low stars so low stars should always win so if you have 4/4/4/4 and your opponent 1/1/1/1 of course you should loose all fights. And i said you should respond with a card with higher stars then the card you fight against, of course if you dont have cards with higher stars you cant play it. i cant see anything wrong with my words but im not an english native so its normal i can make some ( a lot of ) mistakes.

About the han vs evo it was not my intencion to make a discussion of it. But i relly cant understand why people put pilz on their 4 stars card when the opponent only have cards with lower stars just to play a "proper" evo play. But this is only a game so i shouldnt get so emocional about.

About rules of han the is a subject in the second page of the forum called Lost Warehouse Mode where it is explained.
18/44
Friday 06/04/2007, 00:29

Omfg is that han loose all high lvl cards to low cards...eh omg i think evo is better even though i get little exp a lvl 4 beating a lvl 1 evo still rocks....2 cards and 2 players benefit...
19/44
coldsteel - Titan English
Friday 06/04/2007, 05:30

Something I would like to add: If you get a draw where you only have 1 card that needs XP, and your opponent has 2 or 3, it'd be perfectly acceptable to put 12 Pills on your card, and let your opponent win out. At least that's how I feel. Luckily, I've been able to face players that think fast and adapt to card draws for about 80-85% of Lost Warehouse matches...
20/44
Friday 06/04/2007, 18:02

Yes Coldsteel that is proper EVO etiquette. It also tells your opponent that you aren't going to try and jack them in one of the later rounds. It's exactly what should be done in that situation.

StormWind

« Previous12345Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals