Proper EVO Play

Proper EVO Play
Thursday 05/04/2007, 07:17
StormWhisper - Titan English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
44 messages
Proper EVO Play
StormWhisper - Titan - Wise Men DistractedEnglish - Thursday 05/04/2007, 07:17

The proper Method of EVOing has been apparently under debate for some time. So I am going to spell it out for you again. Tournament EVO is a different animal and I'm not going to bother discussing it. This is the proper method of EVO in the Lost Warehouse as per the old established EVO rules.

1) On your turn in which you play a card first. Select one of your characters. Use 6 pillz. It is ok to use less or more if the character has an exceptionally low or high power, as long as you use the rest only to modify the power of your character. Fury is NEVER appropriate in EVO mode.

2) On your opponents turn. Send up a character, which you don't plan to level. The more stars the better, but this is not necessary if you're trying to level your 5 star character clearly you don't want to send them up. Any maxxed out characters should be used in these slots as long as your opponent can reasonably defeat them.

(More)
« Previous12345Next »

31/44
StormWhisper - Titan - Wise Men Distracted English
Monday 09/04/2007, 11:07

We do try to moderate players, but realistically it's hard. If you can provide proof (screenshots) of purposeful repeated misdeed (fury, purposely going for KOs in inappropriate rounds, etc) we can talk to the players involved. Usually it takes something along the lines of them being insulting or malicious to get banned, but I won't hesitate to talk to a player who's being a pest in the Lost Warehouse. I can't speak for other mods as to what they may or may not do about this situation but I'm sure most are willing to step in on someone's behalf.

There's no way to "force" players to behave themselves in the Lost Warehouse, as there are no rules as to exactly how you should level your characters. But there is also being respectful of your opponent, which we can enforce. I define being respectful as if you knowingly challenge an EVO or HAN player, you are agreeing to play by that method, and if you place that tag on your name you are agreeing to play that way. As such I will enforce that level of respectfulness. As stated, I need screenshoted proof of poor behaviour before I can act.

StormWind
32/44
Artemis-BZ - Moderator - BrainZtorm English
Monday 09/04/2007, 19:30

Stormwind, you are my HERO ! lol
33/44
6SimS-Sven - Imperator - UTOPiA English
Tuesday 10/04/2007, 00:41

HOW TO MAKE SCREENSHOTS:
1)look for the "print screen" button..press it(its like a flash to get the picture of the current active program whatever is on the top)
2)after pressing it....open paint(there are other imaging softwares you can use too!)
3)look for edit tab then paste...or CTRL+V
4)SEND PICTURE TO STORMWINS EMAIL...

(Ps:whats ur email again)
34/44
Margyanni - Imperator - Dynasty of Lost Souls English
Tuesday 10/04/2007, 00:56

Thank you so much StormWind for posting this. I was getting so tired of explaining it to people after they KO'd me out on round 2 with a full maxxed deck in the lost ware house. I really wish on the page where it lists the rooms to fight in, it had room rules like this listed in at least a condensed form right next to the room name rather then tiny rules at the bottom that no one reads..
Right now it just has that little boxing glove and your supose to scroll way down to read at the very bottom of the page where it says " In this room meant for training your characters, the sum of the XP won for each round (+ a 25% XP bonus) is split between both characters in equals shares. Level up bonuses are actives but there are no battles points for each round and no KO bonus." So many "kids" i spoke to didnt know what that meant. lol ...Maybe if that was written right next to the name of the room and had a link to this page saying "learn EVO rules before playing in this room", people would not come in with fully maxxed decks thinking that they need to win every round like the other rooms, etc. Also... why isnt there just a rule... NO evolved cards in the lost warehouse allowed? wouldnt that solve all the problems? Anyways, just wanted to say thank you for posting this, now i can just link people to this thread instead of trying to explain what EVO is and how to play it in lost warehouse. Hugz,
MargyAnni
35/44
Tuesday 10/04/2007, 11:27

Well we don't force people to play by EVO rules in the Lost Warehouse. There's HAN, and perhaps other good methods of leveling both players characters.

The reason for that lack of a rule is first off that disallows Vansaar who's entire purpose in life is to give leveling characters an experience bonus and he only does that when maxed. Secondly it would be nightmarish to code in something that would disallow people from bringing maxxed out characters. Finally, maxed out characters if used correctly can be a good source of XP. A 1 star beating up a 4 star gets a massive dose of xp. and there are many maxxed 4 and 5 stars with low powers that are perfect for that sort of thing.

Thank you for your praise Margyanni, I wrote the guide because I, was tired of ppl doing all sorts of silly things in the name of EVO and hoped this might help a little to stopping some of that foolishness.

StormWind
36/44
impysin - Veteran - (¯`·.._.·S.I.N·._..·´¯) English
Friday 13/04/2007, 21:34

Very well put ill link the morons to this page. i play by evo standards unless someone is trying to win the duel then i try to crush them. I also get mad when han players get mad at evo players for not following those rules, look you play you can play either or but don't get mad for the other players decision.
37/44
shraban - Imperator English
Tuesday 17/04/2007, 20:24

Which clan is the best do you think?
38/44
XC Bangor - Titan - E X C A L I B U R English
Wednesday 18/04/2007, 20:21

39/44
Bloodmoor - Imperator English
Thursday 19/04/2007, 23:20

Bottom line folks.....there is NO official EVO rules.In fact it is not even sanctioned by the developers aparently as there is no provision for it.The warehouse doesn't mention evo....nor does any other room.The rules contain no mention and the strategy guide has no mention either.I say that the only way to combat poor play and various grievences is to make it official and lay out the rules in Black and white....perhaps even "hardwire" into the software so that leveled cards,etc cannot be used.
40/44
Saturday 21/04/2007, 06:11

EVO is a recognized method of play by the playerbase, Bloodmoor. That makes it "official" enough. No I cannot ban (aka Blacklist) someone for not playing EVO, nor would I even dream of it. However if they challenge an EVO opponent, knowing full well that that opponent is playing EVO, and then refuse to adhere to EVO (or HAN) rules then I can issue warnings and eventually ban for disrespecting other players. Alternately I can also get people for advertising themselves as EVO (or HAN)

Challenging someone, and refusing to play by the method that person is advertising as their playstyle is what I consider a form of disrespect.

Challenging opponents in the Lost Warehouse with no intent of leveling your cards. Also disrespectful. THAT I can nail people on after I issue warnings.

The bottom line is, if the majority of the people recognize a playstyle, then that is an official playstyle. EVO is a method of playing as is HAN. The devs don't recognize it (or HAN) because there's no need to. It's a method for leveing cards. It's not a tournament style.
It doesn't need to be. That doesn't make it any less viable in the Lost Warehouse, a room meant for leveling characters.

StormWind

« Previous12345Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals