What about Ashigaru??

What about Ashigaru??
Thursday 17/05/2007, 12:38
Tetsuno - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
9 messages
What about Ashigaru??
Tetsuno - Legend - the shockwavesEnglish - Thursday 17/05/2007, 12:38

What do you think about Ashigaru, im just wondering what is so special in thhis card that it's most expensive frrom Leaders. I mean he has only P-8, D-6 and "ability" (that is so weak that in fact would be better when Ashi wold not have any ) So my question is: isn't better to buy Dorian (better statistic, nice bonus, cheaper) or Tanavera (much better ability, better statistic, nice bonus, bit cheaper)??

What is Ashigaru For???

2/9
6SimS-Sven - Guru - UTOPiA English
Thursday 17/05/2007, 16:53

If you ask me Ashigaru is a good card....trust me lol even if you dont like him...whoever always plays first..always have the disadvantage....if Ashigaru is teamed up with a heavy defense deck like Sakrohm....ur opponents winning rate is much too low than expected....his ability compared to Ambre,Morphun,Hugo may not be good but i say he can be used to KO ur opponent in 2nd round
Oh Ashigaru is for the collection too
3/9
DerMagus - Legend - Tequila Sunrise- UR Deutsch
Thursday 17/05/2007, 18:17

Ashigaru has a really powerful ability. Just consider that effectively he lets you decide three pairings! That is right, you can select the round 1 pairing (your opponent plays first), the round 2 pairing is decided by your opponent, round 3 is like round 1 and round 4 only leaves one pairing which is effectively selected by you, being the pairing not chosen by you in round 3.
This is not really that usefuly if your opponent has cards that are all evenly strong. If the opponent has one (or two) weaker cards, it gives you the one weakness you often need to exploit in order to have a victory. Also, at the same time, he covers up YOUR weakness by making it possible to "discard" weak cards more fittingly. (i.e.: playing a card with no chance of winning at the time that is most suitable/least damaging to you - mostly against "indefeatable" cards). It is a very strategical and tactical ability. If you know what you are doing, it is great - it is certainyl no brute force power but works more subtly.
4/9
Jerre Muesli - Titan Deutsch
Thursday 17/05/2007, 22:55

I love him.. truely the best Leader...
5/9
LOA_MadPirate - Guru - Legends of America English
Thursday 17/05/2007, 23:55

Very usefull for stragigic play, but expensive star wise(though, 8 power is always a benefit in ELO mode, considering a lot of common elo cards have 5-7 power.
6/9
Memento Mori - Titan - Open Casket English
Friday 18/05/2007, 00:14

As DerMagus said, Ashigaru gives advantage on 3 rounds. Look to other leaders:

Ashigaru: Choose 3 rounds
Ambre: +3 power 2 rounds (nice but not, enough)
Timber: 4 possible extra damage (never get 4 extra, really)
Morphun: +3 pillz
Bridget: +3 live (bit better than Timber, but you don't ko this way)
Hugo: +6 attack 4 rounds (makes an average +1 pill each round)
7/9
ibtd - Titan - Die Frettchen English
Friday 18/05/2007, 06:16

I don't know, Ashigaru can be good, but it can easily backfire as well. Sometimes being the one that has to play second can be a horrible thing.

Ambre is much more powerful if you ask me. Last time I played against Ambre I lost because I couldn't handle 11 power Elya and 10 power Kati trampling all over me. My draw wasn't the best, but that's no real excuse. I won the 2 rematches easily though because Ambre didn't show up.

Timber can be just the little extra you need. Just one example: Let's say you dealt 2 damage in turn 1 and you have a crad that would normally deal 7 damage. With Timber on your hand it's suddenly a threat the opponent has to think about because with that one extra damage from Timber he is facing a possible fury-ko from now on. Timber is the perfect mind-gaming card.

Bridget looks not that good imho. The ability can be helpful, but Bridget herself is pretty weak and invites your opponent to deal a major blow to you.

Morphun is crazy in a deck that already needs less pillz like an Uppers deck or Ulu Watu. The extra pillz can really turn a battle. But Morphun has the same problem as Ambre. You more or less build a deck around him and if you don't draw him you might be in trouble.
8/9
Bloodmoor - Imperator English
Sunday 20/05/2007, 01:04

Whilst playing first may not be to many's liking....I don't agree that it is a disadvantage.Personally,I like Hugo the best.Effective for all cards including himself and is powerful enough to be useful (8 - 5).He also makes playing first somewhat easier adding the 6 attack.
9/9
Introspecies - Veteran English
Tuesday 22/05/2007, 02:04

Personaly i love ashis ability
it gives you the upper hand at the start of a battle because usualy the first battle is the most important

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals