Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Did they finally fix the packs? (or at least full decks)?

Tuesday 07/08/2007, 17:45
Xephora - Titan English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
23 messages
Xephora - Titan English - Tuesday 07/08/2007, 17:45

I bought 8 full decks today, and in every one of them, i got at least 2 uncommons and 1 rare. did they finally fix the full decks? as opposed to some of the full decks i got last week that were like 6 or 7 commons and 1 or 2 uncommons. if anybody knows if they fixed the regular 3 card packs too, let me know.
« Previous123Next »

2/23
StormWhisper - Titan - Wise Men Distracted English
Tuesday 07/08/2007, 20:03

Yes the packs have been changed so that the full deck always includes a rare, and the 3 packs are a better bargain as well.

StormWind
3/23
-Falchion- - Titan English
Tuesday 07/08/2007, 22:16

Thats good news, because I stayed away from the full deck after getting not-so-good cards.

By better bargain for 3 packs, what would that contain? (Would it be like 1C, 1U and 1R or something?)
4/23
Fraggle - Admin - Clint Staff English
Wednesday 08/08/2007, 05:11

There are 4 possibles variations of the "3 cards" pack. Neither of them contains 3 commons. (based on a 3 cards pack, if all of them contained R + U + C, then R would be more "rare" than U, and "U" would be more rare than "C" )
5/23
Fraggle - Admin - Clint Staff English
Wednesday 08/08/2007, 06:25

Read "wouldn't" instead of would, three times in the previous message. (early mornings...)
6/23
0-Jade - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Wednesday 08/08/2007, 11:46

I don't quite understand how the3 cards packs works. So it means that a pack won't always have a rare? But it would never have all commons. And maybe would always hava atleast an Uncommon?
7/23
ZEPPELlN - Veteran English
Wednesday 08/08/2007, 14:59

I bought a pack today, and I got 2 commons and an Uncommon......
Although the cards I got sucked , at least they weren't all common like my past packs.....
8/23
DerMagus - Legend - Tequila Sunrise- UR Deutsch
Wednesday 08/08/2007, 16:13

Imagine something like that in semi-coding (assuming a 3 card pack):

Roll 1d6 (=a)
if (1 OR 2 OR 3): select a common of all the commons available in selected pack (per random)
if (4 OR 5): select an uncommon...
if 6: select a rare

Roll 1d6(=b)
(see a above)

Roll 1d6(=c)
while (a<4 AND b<4 AND <4) Roll 1d6(=c)
(see a above)

NOTE: the numbers are pulled out of my hat. Out of my hat that does not even exist. So it might really be 50% commons, 33% Uncommons, 17% Rare. Might as well be other numbers. And the above is code of no scriptiong language and aimed solely at giving an idea of how it COULD work.

These packs do obviously NOT work like the "real" packs of, say M:TG. They are unlimited edition packs that generate cards as the pack is bought as opposed to some factory making the cards, packing them into packs and taking them to the retailer. Consequently, there is no equal distribution of cards of rarity X in the packs (well... via the statistics, there should be) nor is there a real number of "Only X black loti were ever printed".
9/23
OnlineHelper - Novice - Academy of Elite team English
Wednesday 08/08/2007, 16:18

What are the 3 combos?
10/23
LOA_MadPirate - Guru - Legends of America English
Wednesday 08/08/2007, 17:43

The new packs are always one uncommon now...
it's listed in staff announcements...
and the 50 packs are one rare instead of one 5 star...
unfortunately, this limits the potential for getting a rare in a 3 card pack because unless that one uncommon card can also be a rare, then you only have 2 cards that can randomly be a common, rare, or uncommon... instead of 3 random cards.
now, if there is some hidden line of code stating that the one card that is at least an uncommon can also be a rare by random chance, then we increase the chance of getting a rare...
but Code is a tricky game to play, you can't please everybody, and sometimes you make, or break the game.

« Previous123Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals