Help me understand the tornament points system

Thursday 25/01/2007, 02:51
Krovic-evo - Veteran English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
9 messages
Krovic-evo - Veteran English - Thursday 25/01/2007, 02:51

I play the daily tornament every day usually 3 of the every day, my best position was 14th.. i run a high star Montana-upper deck.. with cards like Zatman jackie Dorian Tyler Don vickie Rosa and Ottavia.. i win 95% of all the matches i play during the tornament (highly propable cosidering my deck and the bounuses it provides)... my ave battle points per match is at 19.5.... im playin the 9pm tornament as i write this on the bottom of my screen i can now see how many points i have, and how many points the current Leader has.. im currently 16th with 160 points and the Leader has 300 (note: 14 people between us..) im gonna give the 2nd place person the benefit of doubt and say that he hold 299 points right now.. i won yet another match and jumped up 21 points.. while the Leader changed and from 300 went to 350.. this is impossible!!! cosidering the max points per win is 15 the you got about 10 more if you win all 4 rounds (highly unlikely) thats 25 then you got ko bounus thats 5 more....

2/9
0- JP - Titan - † OVER KILL † English
Thursday 25/01/2007, 08:04

Consider bonus Battle Points for the Level up of cards as well, possible 30-40 points. Also the chance that they can beat cards with more stars, example, my 1 star card beats a 5 star blocker like Vansaar, automatic 5 points.
3/9
Warr kid - Titan - URBAN MADNESS English
Thursday 25/01/2007, 08:59

And maybe he had a number of cards evolve in that 1 match i once had 3 cards evo and scored something like 78 points
4/9
Gazelle28 - Imperator English
Thursday 25/01/2007, 15:34

Yah, Specially if all of his cards evolved on the play.
5/9
Wylde_Bil_AOD - Legend - Army of Darkness English
Friday 26/01/2007, 08:56

Either his average is 35 to 40 that is assuming you played the same amount of games. however, it is possible that he played a few more game which would be around 30 points per game or alot alot more then you which would then be around the same as you 20 or 25. in all likely hood he was at 30 with a few more games then you and getting help to get their, i.e. ppl are giving the person matches (uncontested matches) add that to the mix which means this, probably played a few more games then you, had a few cards lvl, his cards were beating higher lvl cards, and he was ko'ing them, with pillz left over and faster matches. this all equals more points, my advise don't get too too caught up in where you place in these
tournies, just make sure you place in the top half so you get your credit. oooooo and don't rack your brain like this again trying to figure how ppl accumulate what they accumulate versus your accumulation, it will drive you crazy. lol
6/9
0- JP - Titan - † OVER KILL † English
Friday 26/01/2007, 11:03

i agree, hehe! I stop racing for the tournament once i see that they are already ahead by 100 points, other than that, just play and have fun, GGs!
7/9
Gazelle28 - Imperator English
Friday 26/01/2007, 14:45

The Fun Part Is you Play Hard and Strong, After that, Thats The Time You Check Your Place.
8/9
Krovic-evo - Veteran English
Friday 26/01/2007, 22:31

I placed 4th in my last tornament, the first guy only had 50 points on me and that was because most of my cards were lvl 4 and up (.....) so yeah sometimes i get there.. but wylde_bil_aod is right about people giving him matches, cuz its hard as hell to win the tornament.. winning it and leaving the 2nd placed guy over 200 points behind u is insane
9/9
K9 AlucardEVO - Master English
Monday 29/01/2007, 04:35

Now I might seem a bit of a newbie here *having played very little and being low ranked in general* but that hardly seems fair to me. The fact that I don't know, you could make a deal with a few friends 'hey you let me win a few from you uncontested and I give you this say...700 point card. The guy doesn't mind, because 3 uncontested matches takes him like 3 minutes, but in the meantime that person goes up in the rankings, and potentially gets a CR card.

There are also other things I have noticed. Just this coming tournament I had the last 3 matches *I hit first at the beggining by pure luck* basically sit there every turn for what felt like 2 minutes then take their turn. Making the game last almost 10 minutes, pretty much my last 30 minutes of gaming involved looking at cards and devising combos whilst I waited for this player to hurry the heck up.

Is there a limit on how many matches you can play? or is it bassically a 'who has friends, wins' ordeal like I am seeing it to be.

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals