Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
13 messages
The perfect montana elo deck
XC 1984 - Titan - E X C A L I B U REnglish - Wednesday 18/04/2007, 19:38

« Previous12Next »

2/13
ReadTheRules - Legend English
Wednesday 18/04/2007, 20:00

What if you get Pino, Angelina, Ricardo, and Simon as your hand? 3 level 2s in my opinion is too many (i'm not saying switch Don with Flesh Pimp and use Aldo instead of 1 of the level 2s) so maybe you can do 2 clans.
3/13
WMD Raven - Hero - Wise Men Distracted English
Wednesday 18/04/2007, 20:16

Ottavia, Rosa and lyse teria are in my view the only really playable cards in the Montana clan, Don is acceptable... although he has medium power he has some good damage..... if you wish to build an elo deck with Montana I would say that you have to use another clan besides them.
4/13
Wednesday 18/04/2007, 21:33

Pino, is in my opinion the best level 2, but that ain't saying much. the other 2 with 4 power, that's just not high enough.
5/13
ibtd - Imperator - Die Frettchen English
Wednesday 18/04/2007, 21:58

I was playing against Lyse Teria Cr and some other Montana today. Kenny and Sheitane won the match for me :o

I don't know, I don't like Montana that much. Probably because the bonus isn't as scary as it looks.

Btw, why would you wanna run a Montana solo deck in Elo ? Pair them with a second clan and it should work out better.
6/13
Bloodmoor - Imperator English
Wednesday 18/04/2007, 23:22

The present day tactic in ELO seems more about "stacking" your deck with powerful un-leveled cards that no level 2 or 3 can stand against.Whilst this practice is alowed to continue...small hopes of having a deck with ANY clan fully leveled winning more than 40%.Ironically....it is these players who cry loudest to ban the few cards that DO stand a chance.I totally believe this practice should be stopped and personally will not bother with ELO again until something is done.The biggest killers are those who have the resources to re-buy cards when they level up too much for ELO.....and those lucky enough to afford cards like Kikki Cr.
7/13
WMD Raven - Hero - Wise Men Distracted English
Wednesday 18/04/2007, 23:47

1. many cards that lvl up usually can be resold without losing too much
2. cards like Kiki Cr are ilegal in elo
8/13
Thursday 19/04/2007, 01:23

Bloodmoor, i agree. some players are selling almost 1000 cards at times, is it really necessary to spend that much money on cards? i usually buy credits once a month and play lots of tournaments to get credits for packs. these people must be buying a lot of packs. it's a great game but why spend so much money on it?

oh yeah, this post is about Montana in elo
well, you have to use Ottavia (and lyse if you have her) Pino Rosa Simon and Giovanni are also good choices. until montanas get a few high power cards they can't stand alone in elo (another 8 power that's not a collecter would be nice)
9/13
6SimS-Sven - Guru - UTOPiA English
Thursday 19/04/2007, 04:41

1 tier Montana deckD....hmmm let me see....yep i heard All Stars own them...also Ulu Watu.....Montana is good but it need a clan that is more powerful than them Sakrohm can work but Pussycats i dont htink so
10/13
Progenitor - Titan English
Thursday 19/04/2007, 10:29

I just tried out an all star/Montana deck that I planned to build a few days ago and it certainly didn't go as well as expected, while their bonus may be decent, they are somehow lacking in the power department, the one's with, I wouldn't say great power but decent power are prolly Ottavia, Rosa and Pino. Don is just not too realistic in a Montana deck with the 5 star count unless ur planning on making Montana the main attackers, which is really risking it after trying out the Montana experience for myself.

Usually when i find myself with a hand of mainly montana's, say 3 montanas and a weak all star card from my ELO deck, I find myself losing....Even with Rosa, The opponent pretty much predicts and knows Rosa has to hit early and even if u pull it off without a stop opponent ability or dmg reducer corking it up, what are ur other 2 Montana cards gunna do? The montanas suffer from having weak decent star cards.... Their good cards in elo imo are really Rosa, Ottavia and lyse cr.

After fooling around with the all star/Montana deck, I scraped the idea all together and worked on something else. Sigh, forming a strong fully evolved ELO deck is hard, esp in an environment where unevolved cards are common.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals