Can someone from UR explain to me...

Friday 24/08/2007, 17:54
Horus WMD - Divinity English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
14 messages
Horus WMD - Divinity - Wise Men DistractedEnglish - Friday 24/08/2007, 17:54

...why "Stop Opp Ability" doesn't work on Leaders?
« Previous12Next »

2/14
Malshun - Imperator - Army of Darkness English
Friday 24/08/2007, 23:22

Because it's not really an ability it's a bonus. it's just that having two leaders in your hand cancels the "ability" of the other.
3/14
ZEPPELlN - Veteran English
Saturday 25/08/2007, 01:53

I was also wondering that.
4/14
Gone4eva - Senior English
Saturday 25/08/2007, 02:32

Stop Opp.Ability and Ability of Leaders Cant Be Stopped,Their Abilities Work With The Other Cards With You.So Try To Buy A Leader Like Morphun,good power and damage
5/14
LOA_MadPirate - Guru - Legends of America English
Saturday 25/08/2007, 02:40

Maybe it does...
maybe it doesn't...
you see, the Leader ability isn't part of the cards you play, unless you play the Leader.
so, the only surefire way to test if the stop ability ability/bonus affects the Leader is if you use Timber, and let him win, to see if he does an extra damage.
but, if you have Timber, and you fight Tank against copper, and copper wins, he will do his damage + Timber's +1 damage.
also, Morphun, and Bridget, their abilities affect at the beginning of a round, and stop ability only occurs while fighting in a round, so they wouldn't have their abilities stopped...
now, this is completely speculation on my part...
but i hope it was at least semi-helpful.
or justified any inconsistencies. (well i still don't know about the Timber thing)
6/14
(-M-) - Titan English
Saturday 25/08/2007, 03:00

Leaders abilities is unstoppable .
7/14
flashkicker - Veteran - the apple of devils English
Saturday 25/08/2007, 03:21

i too have same doubt
8/14
Gone4eva - Senior English
Saturday 25/08/2007, 10:22

I used stop opp ability in my opponent's Leader and no effects my stop opp ability.
9/14
Horus WMD - Divinity - Wise Men Distracted English
Sunday 26/08/2007, 03:15

NudeCeleb_LOA: My opponent has Maxed Ambre. He goes first this round, using Ambre. This activates Ambre's Courage ability and gives him +3 power, for a total of 9. I select Striker to fight against Ambre. Striker's bonus is active (-2 opp power, min 1) and he has "Stop Opp Ability". No pillz on Ambre or Striker.

The way it SHOULD work: Ambre's Courage ability is stopped by Striker's ability and Striker's bonus reduces Ambre's power from 6 to 4. Striker wins.

The way it DID work: Ambre's Courage ability was NOT stopped by Striker and Striker lost, 7 to 6.

Leader abilities are not stopped by Stop Opp Ability. And because of this, Morphun is WAY overbalanced in ELO. For 5 stars, you not only get an 8/5, but you also get 3 additional pillz that cannot be stopped by your opponent
10/14
Creep - Imperator Deutsch
Monday 27/08/2007, 09:12

I could be wrong, but I think my Vansaar was countered once with stop Opp Ability, and I didn't get extra exp after the match.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals