Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Proper HAN Play - guide in work, you can help!

Thursday 05/04/2007, 23:07
DerMagus - Legend Deutsch

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
21 messages
DerMagus - Legend - Tequila Sunrise- URDeutsch - Thursday 05/04/2007, 23:07

So I just quickly wrote down a guide for proper HAN play, hopefull with understandable explanations and calculations. Some parts are et untested and might be slightly wrong in numbers (but right in principle). This is the first draft, so please forgive flaws in design .
All those interested: Please give feedback of what is wrong, can be seen differently, should be put another way or is not understood so I can correct it. I have put it on my own webspace right now but hope that at some point it can be put here and sticky-ed like the EVO thread.

http://www.grimoires.de/KoL/HAN.html
« Previous123Next »

2/21
6SimS-Sven - Guru - UTOPiA English
Friday 06/04/2007, 00:48

Salut!As an elo player, i play elo to win cr and clintz...normally if you end up 1-10th you get um...i get like 3000 and for 11th like 1000 and ...i think this way its better not just getting high value but also making experience for my cards(example:Charlie,kenny,and other cards that are not maxed)
Well i dont think "HAN" is better for me cause i play "EVO" to evolve what cards I want...even a lvl 4 loose against a lvl 1 its ok for me at least he/she gains the exp....So Han was made to make cards gain more exp...
Well for me my conclusion in "ELO":
Evolving
Money
Oppurtunity
You could ask a lot of players playing elo....Raven,Angelo,andyobor,0-jp and many more
3/21
Jericho78 - Titan - Malaysian PRIDE squad English
Friday 06/04/2007, 01:23

Can't seem to be able to view that site. Maybe it's just me???
4/21
ReadTheRules - Legend English
Friday 06/04/2007, 02:07

Very good!
i just wanted to state an example of the ONLY time you can use pillz on a higher level card.
say my opponent has all fang pi level 2s and they all do 4 damage with the bonus. i have all level 4s no damage reducers or stop opp bonus cards. on the third round i have 4 life and will be koed if i lose so it is better for me to win this round and let them win the last one.

when a card isn't played it gets very little exp so i think it is better to get a little more exp(about 62 instead of 20)
do you agree?
5/21
Vesuvan - Legend English
Friday 06/04/2007, 02:51

Looks good- good job ! this should be sticky as well

HAN play is awsome i prefer over evo most evo players dont do low on high they do high on low which to me makes no sense only older evo vets play as han style but lable evo !
6/21
V No More - Novice English
Friday 06/04/2007, 04:25

I just tried the system and it works. It does help however when the other player knows what HAN is. Please everyone spread the word.
7/21
Bloodmoor - Imperator English
Friday 06/04/2007, 06:27

It's great to be able to calculate the max points per play....but in some cases it isn't good for those trying to level a particular card.Also...the random hand from your pack makes the idea of havin 2 leveled and 2 unleveled in your hand impractical 'cos that means your pack needs to be 4 leveled and 4 unleveled....resulting in hands with all cards maxed at times.Much better if ALL cards are un-maxed.
There is also a huge temptation to keep minus damage cards as maxed making play stacked in their favour for win-points.
8/21
DerMagus - Legend - Tequila Sunrise- UR Deutsch
Friday 06/04/2007, 09:51

Nanao-Sven: Sorry, I did not really get what you were trying to say. In normal torunament rooms, HAN cannot work since it is by definition restricted to the Warehouse.

Neko-AOD: Good point and I fully agree. Will add an example later

Bloodmoor: Well... I think "damage minus" cards are another thing with different opinions. I would not really mind my opponent playing with them as long as that means I get good XP. An yeah. Optimal for both players would be [4] [4] [4] [4] against [1] [1][1] [1] or any other mix with 4x [4] and 4x [1]

What I did not include are two wishes for the Warehouse to stop "cheating", i.e. playing there not for XP but for win count and/or battle points. My suggestion for improvement of the room would be:
- battles here are not shown in win/loss statistics
- All battle points and clintz are reduced to 1/1 at the end of combat.

That way, playing to win with 4 level 5 unbeatables would be utterly pointless.
9/21
0 Prophet-Cr - Titan English
Friday 06/04/2007, 14:17

Yh i agree people come in there looking for easy wins and it ain't fair on people who are trying to train
10/21
coldsteel - Titan English
Friday 06/04/2007, 14:19

I really like DerMagus' suggestions for the Warehouse.

« Previous123Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals