Stop ability vs. Leader
Wednesday 30/05/2007, 22:15
impysin - Senior English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
6 messages
Stop ability vs. leader
impysin - Senior - (¯`·.._.·S.I.N·._..·´¯)English - Wednesday 30/05/2007, 22:15

Okay i have 2 questions
1. Say for example a stop ability card goes up against Ambre does it stop her ability for the entire duel or just one turn. or maybe leaders abilities can only be stop by other leaders. Just asking.

2. Stop ability vs. stop bonus. Alright Vickie vs. Zatman which ability takes place first Vickies stop bonus or Zatman's stop ability therefor stopping vickies ability.

2/6
Memento Mori - Titan - Open Casket English
Wednesday 30/05/2007, 23:35

I have some test ready to try in mind to see what happens on those cases, but for the moment I don't have time to do them.

As for Vickie vs. Zatman, I would bet Zatman wins as it cancels Vickie's stop but nothing cancels Zatmans ability
3/6
Mr Rex HAN - Master English
Thursday 31/05/2007, 00:01

Well it doesn't matter the order
1. you play vikie
2. he plays Zatman
3. Vikies ability stops his bonus
4. Zatman ability stops Vikie's, zatmans bonus is now in play
4/6
6SimS-Sven - Guru - UTOPiA English
Thursday 31/05/2007, 00:10

1)Stop ability will not counter any Leader,i hope you get it,the only way it can be cancelled is to have bonus-"cancel Leader";which cancels both or all leader's ability
2)I hope Zatman dont have stop ability ,well lets say vickie vs jackie,both bonus has been activated and moreover cant be cancelled because jackie is blocking with stop ability as an ability vs vickie who has stop bonus as an ability
5/6
W M Daexen - Moderator - Wise Men Distracted English
Thursday 31/05/2007, 04:21

The stop ability will only stop a leader's ability for that turn, not for the entire duel; that would be overkill. It is a very useful trick sometimes to get that win - I've had a stop ability prevent Bridget from giving life to an opponent as well.
Don't know who you really meant in the second part: Vickie has stop ability not stop bonus and Zatman has neither, but if you see something along those lines, barring anything else that shows up, the stop ability would take precedence over the stop bonus.
6/6
ernieq - Imperator English
Thursday 31/05/2007, 05:17

1. You can't stop a leaders ability. At least not that I've noticed. The abilities are only nullified by the 'Cancel Leader' bonus
(when they have two leaders out, neither of their abilities work).

2. I think you mean Zlatar rather than Zatman. All the abilities apply at once, so because Zlatar's Ability is NOT blocked, it works,
and Vickie's Stop Opp Bonus is blocked, so Zlatar's bonus is active (provided there is another Uppers in your hand).

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals