I don't understand the game mechanics!
Thursday 05/07/2007, 11:59
nervy - Senior English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
37 messages
I don't understand the game mechanics!
nervy - Senior - Undercover DevilsEnglish - Thursday 05/07/2007, 11:59

Hi all!
It's become pretty annoying. My card+pills gives me better strenght than my opp but nevertheless I loose the round. If in game mechanics there are some math or logics so I haven't find nothing! It's make me mad! Besides it keeps repeating!
Is there anyone who can explain this to me?
« Previous1234Next »

2/37
6SimS-Sven - Imperator - UTOPiA English
Thursday 05/07/2007, 15:29

That is why theres always the rules
Theres a random made in dark corners room,you would expect a 40 attack vs 41 attack,40 attack has possbility of chance winning.

PS:attack = power * Pillz
3/37
0 Prophet-Cr - Titan English
Thursday 05/07/2007, 15:48

I'm guessing your in one of the dark corners rooms and the thing your decribing is the un-holy RANDOM FACTOR! the sole reason so many noobs think there good
4/37
DerMagus - Legend - Tequila Sunrise- UR Deutsch
Thursday 05/07/2007, 16:40

Yeah, the manual: http://www.urban-rivals.com/game/rules.php?show=battle
It is only higher CHANCE to win. Higher attack does not mean auto-win (unless y'are in a special room)
5/37
Apollo SAW - Titan English
Thursday 05/07/2007, 17:46

It is good that someone have touched this subject. This is my question too.

I have played games that I know i should have won, and games that I know I should have lost. I mean for instance, how is it possible for Otome with no pills and no bonus to defeat Keanew with 4 pills and with the bonus?.

Is the win / lose subject to the player's level?
Is there something wrong with the game's coding?

This is a very good game, in league with pokemon and Magic the Gathering, But problems like this have the possibility to sink it.

There are thousands of players playing this game already, and I think that there are more than just two people that have seen these problems. So, for the benefit of all, please answer these questions raised.
6/37
Whitehouse - Novice English
Thursday 05/07/2007, 18:02

Yeah if ur playing anywhere besides the danger zone there is a random number generator that goes my perctengaes so if u only have 1 more attack point then ur opponet then theres a high chance of losing...ex. if ur monster with 51 attack fights a monster with 50 attack u have a 51 out of 101which isnt that good but if u have 51 and they have 10 u have a 51 out of 61 chance of winning
7/37
Symbolic - Hero English
Thursday 05/07/2007, 20:15

Yes probably the damn random factor...which is pretty crazy these days...I am getting owned by noobs and newbs alike...I will have to start playing the the Danger zone soon.
8/37
LOA_PuppyChow - Guru - Legends of America English
Thursday 05/07/2007, 22:01

Any way you look at it, Random can really destroy a match.
I notice it less in ELO mode, as if there is a multiplier on top of the attack... but every once in a while, a card with no pillz will win against one with, just by sheer fate
9/37
Apollo SAW - Titan English
Thursday 05/07/2007, 22:30

The Randomness doesn't make sense. Otome have no ability with 3 attack with 0 pills( +2 damage bonus which is not in play ), Keanew have 6 attack with 4 pills and a +8 attack bonus which is in play and a -6 opponent attack min3 ability. this gives Keanew an attack of 32, which is 29 more than Otome. Keanew's chances therefore are 32 out of 35.

Still Otome wins ?????

I think that there should be a different kind of formula thought out for winning and losing, because this one stinks of cheating. I mean, if you come to me with a pea shooter and I have an Elephant gun , Who is going to win ????. Definitely not you.

PS: How is it possible for people to get 135 points in the first 10 minutes of the tournament ?
10/37
Darko EVO - Guru Português
Friday 06/07/2007, 05:29

That's the reason that i prefer to play in danger zone. Randomness kills bad, and to say the true, i made my calculations as if there's no randomness, and i don't like to lose when have more attack, and don't like to win with less attack either. Too bad that in danger zone there's soo few people =\

And i think that to win soo much points is with the using of unevolved cards that are close the get to maximum, extra points for the evolution

« Previous1234Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals