Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Proper HAN Play - guide in work, you can help!

Thursday 05/04/2007, 23:07
DerMagus - Legend Deutsch

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
21 messages
DerMagus - Legend - Tequila Sunrise- URDeutsch - Thursday 05/04/2007, 23:07

So I just quickly wrote down a guide for proper HAN play, hopefull with understandable explanations and calculations. Some parts are et untested and might be slightly wrong in numbers (but right in principle). This is the first draft, so please forgive flaws in design .
All those interested: Please give feedback of what is wrong, can be seen differently, should be put another way or is not understood so I can correct it. I have put it on my own webspace right now but hope that at some point it can be put here and sticky-ed like the EVO thread.

http://www.grimoires.de/KoL/HAN.html
« Previous123Next »

11/21
0-Sean - Hero English
Friday 06/04/2007, 23:10

HAN better add this rule:
1. No clan bonus allow (ban the clan like upper, Sakrohm, Montana, Junkz, Sentinel, All Stars, Bangers, Ulu Watu)
When play with EVO players, some of them alway put same clan in desk, if the clan bonus is minus opp attack, that mean even you put 6pillz you also very hard to win the card (somemore random factor also effect the winning rate) i experience to lose all my 4 card to Montana clan in EVO play.

2. Half of your desk should be 4/5* cards
It's fair to each other, so it's let both players have chance to lvl up their card, because alot players put only 1/2* card in desk, so if follow HAN way, that mean you must let the lower star win, even you got 3* need to lvl up. By the way, the 4 high star card is letting lower star card win, so the card can not have ability to minus opp attack or power, better chose from the clan like Pussycats, Roots, GHEIST, Fang Pi Clang, La Junta, Nightmare even the bonus is activate, it does not affect the lower star card attack power.
12/21
0-Sean - Hero English
Friday 06/04/2007, 23:27

HAN better to add the following rule:

1. No clan bonus allow (ban All Stars, Montana, Sakrohm, Uppers, Junkz, Sentinel, Bangers, Ulu Watu)
The Ban list alway make the 1*2* 1P cards to lose, im experience to lose all my card to Montana clan in EVO mode.

2. Half of desk must be 4/5* cards (chose from GHEIST, Roots, Nightmare, Pussycats, Fang Pi Clang, La Junta)
Remember that this 4 card is letting your opp player lower star card to lvl, so the card should not have the ability to monus opp card attack or power.
13/21
PlanchaEVO - Titan Português
Saturday 07/04/2007, 07:17

I alredy made this sugestion but if people had only decks of 1-2 stars cards and others decks of 3-4 stars cards it were much more simple and easy. Low stars deck wouls always win every fight and high stars deck would always lose. Something like hanlow vs hanhigh. Exp would be huge.
14/21
0-Sean - Hero English
Saturday 07/04/2007, 23:25

HAN better to add the following rule:

1. No clan bonus allow (ban All Stars, Montana, Sakrohm, Uppers, Junkz, Sentinel, Bangers, Ulu Watu)
The Ban list alway make the 1*2* 1P cards to lose, im experience to lose all my card to Montana clan in EVO mode.

2. Half of desk must be 4/5* cards (chose from GHEIST, Roots, Nightmare, Pussycats, Fang Pi Clang, La Junta)
Remember that this 4 card is letting your opp player lower star card to lvl, so the card should not have the ability to monus opp card attack or power.
15/21
0-Sean - Hero English
Saturday 07/04/2007, 23:52

DerMagus, you seem don't understand my suggestion?

Here give my example, now my HAN desk is as below:

4 High star fully evolved cards- ( letting HAN opp player to kill and lvl up the lower star card, so i chose the cards not bonus or ability to minus opp player lower star cards power and attack, somemore perfer the card low power also)
Pussycats: Ninja Nyne (P3) Yayoi (P6)
GHEIST: Nina (P6)
Junkz: Crystal (P4) - since i do not have any Junkz need to lvl so i put it in desk

mix up 4-8 not fully evolved cards, let the random factor to draw the card desk to duel, if you're unlucky draw out all the 4 fully evolved card then jz willing to let yr opp HAN player kill all of them, mostly i draw is 2 fully evolved cards with 2 not fully evolved cards, so it's fair to each other compare with the players only put lower star in desks.

I do not mean the All Stars, Montana, Sakrohm, Uppers, Junkz, Sentinel, Bangers, Ulu Watu can not put in desk, but be smart not to activate the bonus in HAN play, since you known 4 lvl 1 Montanas will kill off all your desk easily, so i wouls like ban the bonus above list in HAN play.
16/21
DerMagus - Legend - Tequila Sunrise- UR Deutsch
Sunday 08/04/2007, 09:38

I do understand the literal sense. I do not share the opinion on this being a) necessary as a restricting rule and b) necessary. It works _better_. It is not _essential to work_. It is a wholly different thing that one should not chose to play undefeateble cards (unless they are low level and one intends to play them against higher ones or drawing anyway). You give out rules that are way too restrictive and this way hit more cards then intended. And if I can save it I have 0 fully evolved cards in my deck but some at level 4/5. And yes - it would be, in some cases, more clever to not have any boni activated. It is not _necessary_ though. A 1 Power allstar has good enough chances to be defeated by another card playing 6 pillz, for example and this extends to even the "most horrendous" boni.
4 level 1 montanas might "kill off" - but 4 lvl 1 montanas would be supposed to win or draw anyway...

Obviously, opinions on what is good/proper HAN differ drastically. hm.
17/21
Vesuvan - Legend English
Sunday 08/04/2007, 09:54

I hear ya there some of you are making it way to complicated and adding weird rules i stick with basics low beat high stars dont matter what u make deck as long as your not adding clan bonuses to make it harder when random bonus is ineffect, and so far 98% time it works fine for both me and my opponant im sticking with how i do it regardless what other think shoul happen basic rules work fine and easy to follow and understand!
18/21
PlanchaEVO - Titan Português
Sunday 08/04/2007, 10:04

I agree on Dermagus here. first 5 stars is a bad choice you are losing a spot. second you should try not have bonus active but if you really must i dont think there is a problem. to me there is to ways han can go:

1st 4 high stars cards ( 3/4 ) and 4 low stars cards ( 1/2 ) vs 4 high stars cards ( 3/4 ) and 4 low stars cards ( 1/2 )
2nd 8 high stars cards ( 3/4 ) vs 8 low stars cards ( 1/2 )
19/21
0-Sean - Hero English
Sunday 08/04/2007, 15:24

That's my idea to help HAN to play in more effective way, anyway i will play in this way.
20/21
coldsteel - Titan English
Monday 09/04/2007, 15:18

Exactly, Prophet. Why complicate things???

« Previous123Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals