Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

How do some people score so high in Tournaments??

Monday 06/08/2007, 22:12
tiko_1EVO - Titan English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
12 messages
tiko_1EVO - Titan English - Monday 06/08/2007, 22:12

I would like to think I have a good deck but I have never come close to the type of battle points that the top 10 or top 75 players get. I have tried to battle with lower level cards, higher level cards and a mixture of both. Randomness always seems to play into the mix and fluke wins/losses change battle point results. Also, I noticed that after I finished 1 battle, the Leader already had close to 60 battle points only 3-5 minutes into the tournament... how are they able to play so quickly or point so high?
« Previous12Next »

2/12
6SimS-Sven - Imperator - UTOPiA English
Tuesday 07/08/2007, 06:08

I think its luck for making 60 pts 3-5 minutes or somehow they are playing evo style which gets you almost 20-40 pts(a victory plus all cards getting leveled is really high),i may say its really hard with normal game because of random but anyways you can play on danger zone,evo is better for me
3/12
Mindless Mind - Legend - Open Casket English
Tuesday 07/08/2007, 07:55

Hey, I was curious about winning tournaments same few days ago, but now I am sure it is feasible to win tournament without any tricks or cheating. I scored 3 times in top 25 yesterday and my dack is not the most powerfull at all. It think, it is combination of fast playing, focusing, trying to get as many bonuses as possible and little bit of luck. The # 1 in tournaments are often Titans, they might really crush opponents in 1 minute and then they can get 60 points in 5 minutes.
4/12
Jerre Muesli - Titan Deutsch
Tuesday 07/08/2007, 12:56

I tried to stuff my deck once with cards that were about to reach a higher lvl, but it's not a good way to earn points because you only get 5 extra (so i've heard).
It woud be nice to see a deck that won a tournament.. like Sven's deck 2 days ago.
Was it a deck like 4 x Zatman + 4 x Jackie lvl 3 ??
5/12
Tuesday 07/08/2007, 14:09

Beside's that deck i use evo style...6 pillz-1-6-1...i use the following cards
Endo
Endo
Tatane
Otome
Otome
Natrang
Gina Glitt
Gina Glitt

You can also use junta style as long it is unevolved better if they are about to level gives 5 pts,swap and swap if someone goes maxed,never forget to get 2 Gina Glitt as your defense,avg pts:20 pts as always
6/12
LOA_PuppyChow - Guru - Legends of America English
Tuesday 07/08/2007, 19:21

5 points for EVO during Tournaments...
but is that 5 points per battle? or per Card?
because you get 5 points for having 3 pillz after a KO, but ...
if 4 cards of yours level then do you get +20 points?

I also hate how people call it EVO.
because EVO is a system of play for leveling your cards...
where doing so called EVO in tournaments just means using cards nearly leveled, so you can get more points.
can we maybe think of a different name for this Tournament style of play?
perhaps we can call it MinMaxing? i like that name better... and it's also a reference to Munchkin Power Gamers.
7/12
Mindless Mind - Legend - Open Casket English
Tuesday 07/08/2007, 20:30

NudeCeleb, I am not native, but I feel, that it is not EVO as evolving, but UPO as upgrading
8/12
-Falchion- - Titan English
Tuesday 07/08/2007, 22:03

NudeCeleb, its 5 pts per card, so if you have money as an evo player, you can have all your cards just before they level and this will guarantee you at least 10 pts extra in a game, which could mean like 35-40pts per battle as opposed to 20-25pts when losing

And also not every evo player has their cards nearly levelled. I dont have the money to do that to all my cards, so i just play regular evo in tournys, and levelling comes as a bonus

Sven, that deck owns...its awesome. Tried it out in todays tourny, and i won with it XD
9/12
Wednesday 08/08/2007, 03:51

Sylar knows and already tested the deck,but normally if one/any card doesnt level and you won:its just 20-23 pts.
New tournament style?give me one
10/12
Jerre Muesli - Titan Deutsch
Wednesday 08/08/2007, 09:54

So you buy like 10cards from each character in your deck and level them to lvl "2.9" and then play matches ?
And when one maxes, you replace it with another one ? I tried that once, but it didn't work

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals