Sentinel Confusion

Sentinel Confusion
Tuesday 27/03/2007, 20:20
Weal and Woe - Master English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
8 messages
Sentinel Confusion
Weal and Woe - Master English - Tuesday 27/03/2007, 20:20

I've been playing with a Sentinel deck since I started, since that's what most of my cards were and that's the team I like the most. But, it seems like no matter what I do the randomization portion of the battle forces me to lose. Does the team's 8 'attack' even do anything, since there is no 'attack' stat? Or is it supposed to be a bonus to power, because if it is it certainly seems like they arent getting it.

If it actually is properly functioning, does it only actiate under certain circumstances? It would be kinda useful to know... It's just very disappointing to set something up and then find out that the primary bonus for actually trying to assemble a team turns out to be worthless.

2/8
6SimS-Sven - Guru - UTOPiA English
Tuesday 27/03/2007, 20:44

Oh well power*pillz=attack
Junkz got attack 8 too....maybe be if u can lvl up more just play on the danger zone for no randomization...
3/8
1Fujiwara Evo - Legend English
Tuesday 27/03/2007, 20:50

Don't worry mate, part of the game is the randomization factor, and you cannot change that unless you play in the Danger Room, where the randomization factor has been disabled.! the admins do not like this kind of discussion, i've asked this question before..yes i know it's annoying but if you wanna play just get with it man...it's all part of the game.

good games and luck
4/8
Fluffwig - Master - At the End of the World English
Tuesday 27/03/2007, 20:59

I hate it 2, but wait until you may play Elo then it's 100 % fair games with no luck
5/8
WMD Raven - Hero - Wise Men Distracted English
Tuesday 27/03/2007, 21:33

Attack = power * number of pillz, so if you have let's say Rebecca with 6 power, and you play her with 3 pillz she has 18 attack, if in your draw you also had another Sentinel, then their bonus is activated so Rebecca has 3*6 8 = 26 attack, the bonus of Sentinel is ok, it doesn't necesarily win matches, but, like all bonuses regarding attack (Sentinel, junks, Sakrohm, Uppers, Montana) it helps you save some vital pillz, and it gives you a greater chance to win an attack. Sentinel is a good, consistent both at low level and at high level, clan with a decent bonus, it may not be the best, but they surely aren't worthless , what they lack is some damage control, i suggest helping them with some Sakrohm (Uranus, GraksmxxT) or Pussycats, good luck
6/8
ibtd - Imperator - Die Frettchen English
Tuesday 27/03/2007, 22:01

The 'attack 8' is very useful actually. To clearify how it applies, we have to look at how the attack rating is determined. Without taking any bonusses and abilities into account, the attack rating of each character is its power multiplied with the pillz spent on it.

With that in mind, we now can see what happens with your 'attack 8'. Let's say you played a Zdrone with 3 pillz. His power of 5 multiplied with 4 (your 3 pillz plus the 1 standard pill) gives a total attack of 20. When we apply the Sentinels bonus now, Zdrone has a final attack of 28.

If you keep the difference between 'power' and 'attack' in mind, it becomes pretty easy.

Hope I could help
7/8
0 Prophet-Cr - Titan English
Tuesday 27/03/2007, 22:13

Yh personally i don't like it in the lost warhouse when you need a low level to win but he doesn't , u jus have to live with it because some times it helps you win and other times it does mess you up
8/8
Bloodmoor - Imperator English
Wednesday 28/03/2007, 23:46

According to the designers of this game....the random factor is supposed to make it more interesting.Damned if I know how frustration adds interest...but still.Bad enough to encourage 5 star cards...only to find they mostly dilute the points awarded for a win.Perhaps a better way to balance the points is to calculate according to the level of the player and the one he/she beats.

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals