We challenge but they don't answer

Sunday 13/05/2007, 17:32
electricity - Veteran English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
15 messages
electricity - Veteran English - Sunday 13/05/2007, 17:32

I'd like to ask why when i challenge somebody and he don't answer it. Sometimes it take very fast for me to challenge again sometimes it take really2 long ?
« Previous12Next »

2/15
Lynxx Lancer - Master English
Monday 14/05/2007, 01:50

Yes, experienced that too... Some player are really away from their keyboard, or its their clan strategy to slow the activity of those who are actively participating in the tourney...
3/15
DerMagus - Legend - Tequila Sunrise- UR Deutsch
Monday 14/05/2007, 06:31

I think this has nothing to do with the "wait almost three minutes to play a card" (which is hardly provable but if it should become provable somehow is a behaviour which should be strongly sanctioned, imho).

The thing seems to be merely with challenges. While it is annoying to have 10 challenges in a row not refused but "your opponent did not answer your challenge", I too found a huge discrepancy in the time it takes for that message to show up. Usual seems to be around 30 seconds (fine). Sometimes, however, around 1 in 20 times, it takes 3 minutes or so to show up - which is really annoying. Also, I sometimes had battles timeout that did not even start; the challenge was simply not accepted.
I suspect there is a bug or a script that cannot deal with too many players at the same time or something like that... a look at that might be a good idea
4/15
Fraggle - Admin - Clint Staff English
Monday 14/05/2007, 06:46

There are 2 cases:

a) they don't receive the challenge because they are no longer connected: 30 seconds
b) they receive the challenge but they don't answer it (because they might be away from keyboard): 1min30 (because we need to allow time to type a feedback if the player is playing)
5/15
6SimS-Sven - Guru - UTOPiA English
Monday 14/05/2007, 06:55

Dermagus: I had battles timeout that did not even start
Dont worry doesnt count as timeout though...i experience it on elo sometimes...its just an expiration of challenge not a timeout trust me
I think fraggle should fix it
6/15
Monday 14/05/2007, 08:47

Ow, i get it right now
7/15
Monday 14/05/2007, 17:15

Just want to ask wether the reputation level below our name will get impact if we let somebody wait for our challenge ?
8/15
Nastas - Imperator - Everyday Hero's English
Tuesday 15/05/2007, 10:51

I'd like to see a room where it is impossible to refuse a challenge, and a 90 sec timeout feature. Mind you, if the phone goes, that always takes priority
9/15
ludao - Senior Português
Wednesday 16/05/2007, 00:35

I think that typing a feedback is not necessary... i mean im from brasil and man i receive some answers in hungaryan... lol... it is really anoying for u to not be answered there must be a rule that if the guy doesnt answers 3 challenges then he gets booted from the room(since hes AFK he shouldent make volume there...)
10/15
saintdane - Novice English
Wednesday 16/05/2007, 01:37

This is quite annoying yes but what I do is just keep another window up or have the T.V. on and do those things well you wait

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals