Compromise on the Pussycats

Monday 23/04/2007, 05:43
Malcomphnxevo - Novice English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
18 messages
Malcomphnxevo - Novice English - Monday 23/04/2007, 05:43

Seems like most of the top ELO decks right now are taking advantage of level one Pussycats like Gwen who still sport high attack enough attack power to block an attack outright and the defensive clan bonus if the block fails.

It really seems like something's wrong when level one commons are worth significantly more than their fully evolved counterparts. I can accept that using underleveled cards in ELO is part of good deck construction, but with the Cats it's getting kinda silly.

Why not make it so that a card doesn't get its clan bonus in ELO unless it's fully evolved? Or at least until it passes level one? That seems reasonable as a trade off.
« Previous12Next »

2/18
Jericho78 - Titan - Malaysian PRIDE squad English
Monday 23/04/2007, 06:16

This has been discussed before in one of the threads here, and generally quite a few of us agree that non-levelled cards should not be allowed in ELO. Period.
3/18
WMD Raven - Hero - Wise Men Distracted English
Monday 23/04/2007, 06:34

In my view, the use of non-leveled cards greatly increases the diversity of the decks; there aren't many good elo cards in every clan at every level.
If non-leveled cards were not allowed in elo then we would end up with 3-4 main decks that everybody would play.
when you start with any particular clan, not only Pussycats, you have a limited number of good elo cards to choose from, being able to choose cards like, and these are just some examples outside the Pussycats clan,: jane ramba lvl 2, Dorian lvl 3,4, SkrumxxT lvl 3,4, Vermyn N lvl 3, Gina Glitt lvl 2.... and many more, being able to have all these choices greatly enhances the diversity of the elo environment.
4/18
0- JP - Titan - † OVER KILL † English
Monday 23/04/2007, 07:04

I disagree with you EVO-Jericho78, every deck has a counter IMO, even Pussycats with their high power and low attack can be countered by La Junta and Nightmare.
5/18
Jericho78 - Titan - Malaysian PRIDE squad English
Monday 23/04/2007, 09:55

Why do you disagree with me for, JP? LOL I'm not saying anything other than the fact that what Malcom mentioned was discussed before in another thread. That's all. Just to let him know of it.

And of course I know every deck has an opposite deck for it, a counter deck. This is basically a paper-rock-scissors game, there's always a card that can defeat another card and so on. Who you should be disagreeing with is Malcom.
6/18
Bloodmoor - Imperator English
Monday 23/04/2007, 10:03

Jericho is right...you will find most dissagree with the un-leveled card thing.Also...it doesn't help to ban cards as well...therefore limiting choices even more.Kinda forces everyone into playing un-leveled...which is great if you can afford to keep the supply up.The prices in the markets show just how popular some unleveled gems are.Before anyone points out that the banned cards are due to their high initial stats...this just re-inforces the argument against having unleveled cards period.I assign some blame on the cards released....so many useless cards for any kind of fight.Perhaps if the new issues actually had some use (especially level 2 and 3 ) the use of un-leveled would be countered somewhat and a man can have a permenant,familiar deck for a change.
7/18
Monday 23/04/2007, 11:29

Most card games treat the problem above by having limited and unlimited tournaments. Run tournaments in parallel, one where the restrictions are in and one where they're not. Naturally doing something like that would increase the rate at which collectors flow back into the system, and seeing as cards go to collector rank to reduce how many are in play what works for other games might not work for this one.

Issue does cry out for a more sweeping solution, though.
8/18
0- JP - Titan - † OVER KILL † English
Monday 23/04/2007, 12:08

Understood, i disagree that you should ban unevolved cards in ELO, just my 2 cents,
it would really suck if everyone had the same cards or deck builds, what they really need is more unevovled cards with better abilities, hehe!
GGs!
9/18
Monday 23/04/2007, 13:37

Another angle to this issue is not being able to see how much experience a card already has on it when purchasing underleveled cards. It's a bit frustrating to drop 2000+ Clintz on a level one Pussycat only to find she's halfway to level two. It's a risk you gotta take, I know, but it's still frustrating.
10/18
6SimS-Sven - Guru - UTOPiA English
Monday 23/04/2007, 13:47

Hello to everyone...JUST PLAY THE GAME...all i can say for elo now....in like next 3 months...more players will increase...my elo value 1372 its not great reaching 22th place...now in 3 months i will predict everyone will need 1400 value to reach top 25
For Pussycats...hmmm...I DISAGREE BLOODMOR AND JERICHO...I much agree with the person wo made it on top 25 as always...Raven and Jp is correct...IMAGINE IF UNEVOLVED CARDS ARENT ALLOWED...no graks+Uranus+skrum+Yayoi+Charlie in 1 deck...

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals