Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

How many copies of one card are you allowed to have in a deck?

Saturday 19/05/2007, 02:37
Symbolic - Hero English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
17 messages
Symbolic - Hero English - Saturday 19/05/2007, 02:37

I'm just wondering how many copies of one care are you allowed to have in deck?
« Previous12Next »

2/17
Vesuvan - Legend English
Saturday 19/05/2007, 05:52

As many as you want, you could have a deck with 500 cards if u wanted to but whats point lolz ;p
3/17
ReverseRaven - Hero English
Saturday 19/05/2007, 06:02

I'm not sure... The most copies I've ever had of a card in my deck is 3.
4/17
DerMagus - Legend - Tequila Sunrise- UR Deutsch
Saturday 19/05/2007, 07:29

As many as you want (which boils down to "8" for having a 100% chance of getting exactly 4 of that card on your hand), unless in ELO mode, then 1. N.B.: Copies of one card only will NOT trigger the clan bonus. (You need at least 2 DIFFERENT cards if that clan.)

[A deck that has an optimised chance of getting one of two cards you absolutely want would be: 3/3/2, i.e. 3 times one card, 3 times another card, 2 times a 3rd card. In this way, the bonus is always triggered.)

What I now wonder... What would be about 8 Morpuns? Strictly speaking, the clan bonus (Cancel Leader) should not trigger but I have the feeling that this would be really exploited if it was possible. So maybe the above does not count for leaders and they cancel copies of each other as well.
Which still does not prevent you to have 8 of them in your deck.
5/17
ernieq - Imperator English
Saturday 19/05/2007, 07:44

In ELO mode, only one of each card.

outside of that, there is no limit. 8 of the same card is fine (but won't activate any bonuses!)
6/17
Vesuvan - Legend English
Saturday 19/05/2007, 08:16

Doubles /multies only good in lost warehouse when your build exp
7/17
DerMagus - Legend - Tequila Sunrise- UR Deutsch
Saturday 19/05/2007, 10:57

Not true, 0Propher-0. Simply not true. Care to give a reasoning for such a statement? I mean, I can say as well "Eating choclate does neve do anything good" or things like that... that does not make them true. Like that, they are only opinions that might not even be deducable.

Reduplicate over-powerful cards and you have really high winning chances. I mean, even 8 skrummxT (or whatever he is spelled) is hard to overcome... similarly with other cards, and that excludes gaining the bonus as would be easily possible with 3/3/2, i.e. only 3 different cards.

Hermeneuticaly: if it would not be any good - why is there a ELO rule forbidding that?
8/17
6SimS-Sven - Guru - UTOPiA English
Saturday 19/05/2007, 11:34

Imagine if you got 8 GraksmxxT or even 8 Charlie or even 8 Yayoi...as for elo its good and clean now...huge cards like jackie and Wanda are no more threat...

Sorry Dermagus i dont understand
Could anyone explain whats his talking about?Fraggle is this true?
9/17
WMD Raven - Hero - Wise Men Distracted English
Saturday 19/05/2007, 11:43

He only said that playing more cards of the same type can make very powerfull decks and that's why doubles are not allowed in elo, it's logic and true, no need to argue about that, myself I play multiple copies of Zatman and jackie in my normal deck
10/17
AOD_CKANE - Imperator English
Saturday 19/05/2007, 14:19

A double Leader card will not activate the bonus (two morphuns = no bonus) and two seperate leaders will negate each other by activating the bonus.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals