Click here if you forgot your password.

Courage and Elo rating

Courage and Elo rating
Tuesday 22/05/2007, 13:21
merirosvo - Master English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
13 messages
Courage and Elo rating
merirosvo - Master - |AstroMonkeyZombies of Doom|English - Tuesday 22/05/2007, 13:21

Hi, I've just started playing some Elo and I have two questions

1. Do any of the things that give additional battle points in regular play (such as
beating high level characters with low level ones, pillz left after KO etc) affect the
Elo rating? Put in another way - does anything except winning the match matter?

2. What's up with courage? I was under the impression that it is only supposed to
kick in during the very first round of a match, however, I was playing a match in the
danger zone and in the _second_ round the opponent played a card with Power 5,
Courage 3 and I responded with a Power 6 card. We each used one pill and there
were no other modifiers present, but still I lost the round.
So courage works for the first two rounds or what?
« Previous12Next »

2/13
6SimS-Sven - Guru - UTOPiA English
Tuesday 22/05/2007, 13:55

1.When i was playing this game last year(no danger room)...people,i mean elo players waste all pillz at the end of the round...they dont keep pillz cause randomness is at hand...The elo points...all i can say is the higher value you challenge,the more points you can get...

2.Maybe random
3/13
electricity - Veteran English
Tuesday 22/05/2007, 14:18

Did he play first ? if he played first than it's right since courage only work if you use your card first in the round.
4/13
0 Prophet-Cr - Titan English
Tuesday 22/05/2007, 14:21

Yh i've notcied sometimes the random factor still gets u like my Ashigaru was up against dorain with no bouns we had the same amount of pills 3 i think and he beat me
5/13
TheScathed - Hero English
Tuesday 22/05/2007, 14:22

If I understand the ruling for courage correctly, courage will activate on the turn when your opponent plays first. Example:
Round 1: You play your card first, your opponent's courage WON'T activate.
Round 2: Your opponent plays his card first and THEN you respond, your opponent's courage WILL activate.
Round 3: Same with Round 1
Round 4: Same with Round 2

Elaborating this:

Round 1:

You play Tatane 3 power, 1 pillz and your opponent plays Mini Mosu (Courage 2) with 2 power, 1 pillz
Winner: Tatane because you played first, Mini Mosu's courage doesn't activate.

Round 2:

Your opponent plays Amy (Courage 3) Power 3 (+3 due to courage = 6), 3 pillz. Attack=18
You play Gary, Power 5, 3 pillz as well thinking that this is the second round and courage won't activate. Attack= 15

Winner: Amy, because courage activated since Amy was played first, giving her 6 power instead of 3. THAT's how courage works.

Hope that clarifies things. Courage doesn't just activate on Round 1... That would be silly.
6/13
Skimsa - Imperator English
Tuesday 22/05/2007, 14:48

2.courage works whenever the card with courage is played first, no matter what round.
7/13
AODJettGeek - Imperator - Army of Darkness English
Tuesday 22/05/2007, 15:02

My understanding of courage is that it applies when you play your card before your opponent. So if your opponent played a courage card and you responded, his courage would apply. It'd depends on who plays the first card in the round, not the entire match.
8/13
AOD_CKANE - Imperator English
Tuesday 22/05/2007, 15:45

Courage plays on the initiating card (whoever plays first). I'd love to see an ability called "Bravery" which is the opposite of courage the second card that plays it gets activated.

Why Bravery? Well Courage is named so because you don't know what the opponent will play so you must be courageous to play the first card.

Now you know what card is out that and if it's a DJ Korr type card you need to be brave to pick your card (because most likely no card will beat DJ Kror at max).
9/13
6SimS-Sven - Guru - UTOPiA English
Tuesday 22/05/2007, 16:36

Ckane ill call it "cowardness" instead
10/13
ibtd - Titan - Die Frettchen English
Tuesday 22/05/2007, 17:45

Haha Sven, nice one.

But yah, I learned it the hard way too that Courage works when it is played first in 1 of the 4 fights during a match. For some reason, when I read the Courage rules the first time, I thought too it would only work during fight 1 in a match and I too thought that it didn't matter if the card is played first or second in that first fight.

But actually that doesn't make much sense when you think about it. I had to lose an important match in the Danger Zone to learn how Courage really works. After that I saw cards like Elya in a different light.

Maybe the Courage rule on the rules page should be rewritten to better explain how it works because it seems like a lot of people have trouble understanding it.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals