Fair play and quitting a battle

Sunday 22/04/2007, 11:12
Malcomphnxevo - Novice English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
5 messages
Malcomphnxevo - Novice English - Sunday 22/04/2007, 11:12

I know it's considered bad form to quit a battle to deny your opponent a potential knockout bonus, but is it still considered bad form to quit early if either A) you pull your one and two level cards and your opponent pulls four and five level cards at the start or B) you know you've lost the match by the second round because the randomizer nailed you on a battle you should have won?

I try to see my matches through, but there are cases where it's way too frustrating to not throw in the towel early. What's the etiquette on this?

2/5
StormWhisper - Titan - Wise Men Distracted English
Sunday 22/04/2007, 18:41

It's considered bad form and as a result the player who does that gets no battle points/clints/xp, while the "winner" gets full battle points and 40 xp on any characters that didn't get to fight (where applicable).

The "punishment" for pulling out of a fight early has already been coded into the game.

Basically the best thing to do is just tough it out. It's only 2 more rounds.

StormWind
3/5
Noob Sabbot - Master English
Sunday 22/04/2007, 19:25

Personally Id say you have to take your licks and keep on rolling. You cant win them all after all. If the shoe were on the other foot im sure that you wouldnt appreciate it happening to you thats my 2 cents atleast

Noob
4/5
Malcomphnxevo - Novice English
Monday 23/04/2007, 05:18

Noted. I'll tough out the joke matches then. I didn't know about the bonus experience your opponent gets when you quit, though. You could arguably use that to grief when fighting the very popular level one Gwen/Svelthlana decks right now, forcing experience on them both. It's really a bit silly that level one Gwen is worth 2-1/2 times level three Gwen on the market right now.
5/5
ReadTheRules - Legend English
Friday 27/04/2007, 02:23

I can't stand Zatman! he had 4 pillz and his bonus against my copper with 11 pillz and bonus and i lost! copper had 93 attack against zatman's 36 i quit the game because i was so angry. i hope the new clan's bonus can beat that terrible zat.

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals