Worst Ability?.... Courage

Sunday 10/06/2007, 22:58
Baron WMD - Master English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
9 messages
Baron WMD - Master English - Sunday 10/06/2007, 22:58

I dont know if its just me or is Courage just the most pitiful ability. I mean half of the battle the ability is useless and when it is you are usually left with a very weak powered card. The other half of the battle could countered by any kind of damage reduction card or stop opp ability card and then you are just wasting your pills. I wish they would make a card with power 7/ damage X and Courage 5 (now that is something I would use!).

Just interested in what you think:
1) Is Courage the worst/most useless ability?
2) In the example above (of a card with power 7/ damage X and Courage 5) what should X be?, or is that card just a ridiculous idea?

P.S. I am aware of Elya and I'm still unimpressed with Courage.

-Baron

2/9
6SimS-Sven - Guru - UTOPiA English
Monday 11/06/2007, 08:09

I think it is sometimes when your against those All Stars,Roots and GHEIST,you get in real trouble..truly with courage some cards are wonderful(elya,Miss Ming,etc) but they will get killed by only one name = "stop ability"

1)i cant say its worst or most,lets take it to the "middle"
2)yop,its a bit of cool idea but i think its too overpowered or is it?But why making an ability with a courage card that has high power?
3/9
Darko EVO - Guru Português
Monday 11/06/2007, 08:31

I don't think that courage is useless, it's a good ability, but you need to use it well. Like all abilities, it's weak to to stops, but usually you have good cars, with low stars and a Courage that boost her (like Elya ).

I recommend you to use Ambre , she is my favorite Leader.

There's one thing i want to know, the gain in power with Courage can be lowered with abilities (or bonus) like x Opp Power, Min y ?
4/9
Jerre Muesli - Titan Deutsch
Monday 11/06/2007, 08:59

1) It is a bad ability, but -1 opp damage, min 3 is still far more useless
2) I think that card is a ridiculous idea because without stop opp ability you would surely win. That's realy overpowered!
If this card would be realy made, it would probably be something like this ( 7/2 |Courage 5 | 4* ). And it would be far less usefull.

As you said it allready, Elya is the only card which I would use because it would be worth the risk
I like an 8/7 for 3*
5/9
impysin - Senior - (¯`·.._.·S.I.N·._..·´¯) English
Monday 11/06/2007, 21:05

I don't think courage is the worst look at Ambre anyway i comes down to what card its on. Any pwr=pwr and dmg=dmg on a lvl4 or higher is the worst. Look at Phonos and Gary for example its better to let them win against a low dmg card than it is to stop the ability but on Angelina it is awesome. The ability usefulness is in how you play it
6/9
ReadTheRules - Legend English
Tuesday 12/06/2007, 02:00

The best courage card is Beltran Cr, since he can only be stopped by GHEIST, Roots, and Dieter. and 5/2 isn't that bad for a 2 star.
however courage can be stopped too easily for all the other cards. how about an ability that only activates when the card is played second (called parry or something like that) and instead of increasing power, increasing attack or Decreasing opponent's power!

1. worst ability in my opinion is -5 damage min 5. most of the time it has no effect at all, and the only time it reduces 5 damage is against 8 damage cards with fury or the 1 hit ko cards, oh and maybe if they have Timber
2. 7/X with courage 5 is too powerful, 12 power! plus a bonus too! the damage couldn't be more than 4 even if it was a 5 star
7/9
TheScathed - Hero English
Wednesday 13/06/2007, 13:12

Insane. With a good strategy and well-placed timing, courage can change the direction of the battle.

Also.... Please note that Ambre's Team: Courage 3 ability can easily put you over the top provided you run a strong deck in the first place.
8/9
LOA_MadPirate - Guru - Legends of America English
Wednesday 13/06/2007, 19:44

Courage is kinda annoying.
but look at copper, he is lucky enough to just get +5 power, unlike courage it works for attacking, and defending.

But...
Courage, on top of everything else is a strategic skill, you can force someone to waste stop ability on you, or to waste pillz defending.you can throw people off by using a lot of pillz on them when they're defending...you know.
9/9
ibtd - Titan - Die Frettchen English
Wednesday 13/06/2007, 21:01

I recently ran into Ambre, Lamar, Yayoi and some level 1 Pussycat in ELO... needless to say I had no chance at all, not even theoretically, to win that... -.-

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals