Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

A pretty good strategy - The Jacko Ruse.

Friday 21/09/2007, 14:33
Jako2 - Senior English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
15 messages
Jako2 - Senior English - Friday 21/09/2007, 14:33

I have played loads of games and I find this strategy quite helps me. I hope it helps others, too.
If you are facing an opponent who has cards of a higher level than yours, and this always happens to me, always offer up your weakest card first, no pills attatched. The other player will probably laugh to himself at how puny you are, and play his most powerful card to finish you off. Then you play your second weakest card, with maybe two pillz attatched. Again he will play a big, strong card. (to the sceptics out there, this alllllwaaaays happens to me, and I myself frequently fall into the trap.) The you are left with your two strongest cards, and his two weakest ones. Play your strongest first, with about 5 or 6 pillz, depending on how many you used in round two. This will take him by surprise! In all his victory, he forgot about your pillz you had left! Then play your second strongest one with the same amount of pillz attatched, and wath yourself win, or at least draw!
Although this may seem obvious, trust me, it's a tournament beater!

Feel free to post suggestions/comments below...
« Previous12Next »

2/15
Darko EVO - Guru Português
Friday 21/09/2007, 15:59

Well, it can work....but think if your opponent have two cards that can kill you in two turns, or maybe he can use fury too
3/15
(-M-) - Titan English
Friday 21/09/2007, 18:51

It could work but you have those risks :

- Damage dealers clans (La Junta + Fang Pi Clang)
- Cards deal 6 or more damage which most powerful cards are.
- Fury .
- If your weakest cards are a damage reducer you opponent probably don't use pillz at all(reduce your life and still have his pillz).
4/15
lol 78 - Novice English
Friday 21/09/2007, 19:36

Yup all experianced players will have cards with 6+ power , even noobs can get them these days , ur stratergy is good but in this metagame certainly isn't a Sue shot to victory , nice try though lol
5/15
DerMagus - Legend - Tequila Sunrise- UR Deutsch
Friday 21/09/2007, 22:05

...or you run into me deciding that I can easily take that damage and playing any card I have with 1 pill... me then ending up with 0 damage and you with some damage and in the end facing 10 pillz against the last card.

What you put out as a "good strategy" is blindguessing, sorry to be so blunt. But this is as good as saying "play always first two times your strngest cards with 6 pillz each". Sure, it CAN work. But intelligent playing has to consider your cards and opponent's cards. That said, I remember quite a good match where I and my opponent both played 1 pill and 1 pill for the first two rounds... and then I KOed hitting with all remaining 10 pillz (he did not set any, he knew he had lost - THAT is what makes a good player, using optimal strategy (which can still go wrong) and then seeing when it is impossible to win - otherwise speculate on a mistake by the other, however stupid it would be; oh and I mean the other one with making a good player. 'cause the 1 pill/1 pill was the _right_ thing to do in that situation. For both of us... and then I just had cards with 1 power more).

Summary?
There is no basically good strategy to give out before any fight for all decks, not even for situations that are a little bit more specific like the above. Pussycats, for example, play quite differently here, as do other damage reducers, as do high power with low damage... and all the other possibilities.
6/15
LOA_PuppyChow - Guru - Legends of America English
Saturday 22/09/2007, 01:45

Also, what about if you're playing against a Freaks clan, or against cards like Shaitane, who would deal you a good amount of poison damage.
you say weakest cards, but what does that mean? Gina Glit... 8 damage, with damage reduction, is that a weak card? people might play pillz to avoid being hit by 8 damage.
or do you mean, like a 6/1 card, or a 6/2... Playing Graff as a weak card could work, two stars, stop ability, to avoid poison, from a standard poisoning unit... or Pussycats first, 5/1... such low power means, if you're facing against an Uppers deck, you might lose out quickly, or a Montana deck, they know that you'd have to use at least 3 pillz to beat their 1 pill.
7/15
0-Jade - Titan - URBAN MADNESS English
Saturday 22/09/2007, 10:57

Actually this strategy will work unless you are facing a guy who can KO you in tow turns. With random it has a good chance. As some players said any card can win you matches now high value cards are almost useless because of this. Oh sorry I spoke about random this topic might be locked.
8/15
LOA_PuppyChow - Guru - Legends of America English
Saturday 22/09/2007, 15:06

0-Jade, with an attitude like, that, it's just more likely the Admins will ban you, rather than just close a subject...
though i don't know how their system works, and that's neither here, nor there...

but, as for the strategy, it works against people using certain strategies, if they use a weak card, with 3 pillz, then another weak card with 3 pillz, then you have a chance, but if they use a heavy poison card, and have damage reducers, or a high damage card, or a life gain card, your strategy is nul.
if you're plaing against someone, and they first turn Kenny, with Fury... you're in for a world of trouble bringing them back down, or if they first turn Sheitane 3 pillz, then second turn Kenny 6+fury...
but i guess this strategy doesn't take into account those tactics.
9/15
Saturday 22/09/2007, 17:35

Just a wild guess anyway NudeCeleb they have been closing any threads that has been discussing random in it.
10/15
Saturday 22/09/2007, 17:57

Sorry if the comment offended you or anyone. But isn't it just strange why they would lock down some threads just because guys are talking about random? I am really sad about this but can we not discuss this type of issues?

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals