Timeout annoying, should be increased in my opinion ;(

Sunday 02/09/2007, 22:15
NachomusPrime - Master English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
13 messages
NachomusPrime - Master English - Sunday 02/09/2007, 22:15

Several times during a tournament, i timed out just as i was about to play a card. I was thinking thru my moves because i was up against people who were much higher level than i was and i had a good chance of beating a few of them. however, because the timeout peroid is so short during a tornament, i lose to them, without even getting ANY points whatsoever, not even loss points.

I feel that the timout peroid during tornaments should be increased 15-30 seconds longer. This is a game of wits, bluffs, fakes, and the like. Players need time to think. I would appreciate an admins response to this at some point.
« Previous12Next »

2/13
Quicksilve - Novice English
Monday 03/09/2007, 02:23

Timeout should be decrease not increase, a tournament time limit is so short and we can't afford to spend 5 mins per round.
3/13
LOA_MadPirate - Guru - Legends of America English
Monday 03/09/2007, 02:24

Well, according to Sven's Thread, First instincts are always the best, therefore, if you think too much into it, you're actually more likely to hurt yourself. and i don't just mean by timing out.
maybe yo9u should try quick play, where you make moves within 15 seconds or so, without thinking too much into it.
now, you don't have to worry, because you can back out of a move, as long as you don't finalize it, so if you change your mind, you still can, just as normally as you always can.
4/13
ShadowFalcon - Titan English
Monday 03/09/2007, 02:43

Daily tournies are about speed, and theres been problems in the past with people slowing games down so their mates can win, so i don't think they'll lengthen it.
And, of course, daily tournies use Random, so you shouldn't have too much calculating to do

If u like the wits, bluffs, fakes and the like, then your gonna be putting your brain into overdrive once you can play ELO, its AWESOME!!

~Falcon
5/13
NachomusPrime - Master English
Monday 03/09/2007, 06:32

I admire Sven's wisdom in the game, but first instincts is not my way of playing. I reason things out, i don't guess by feeling. However its only one way to play. Someones gut feeling my trump my logic at times and vice versa.

At any rate, that is a terrible way to play a tornament. To get your "toadies" to slow people down for you (they are indeed lowest of the low if they would kiss up that much to someone).
6/13
0-Jade - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Monday 03/09/2007, 07:17

Daily Tournament is not a game of wits anymore it is more of luck. Don't thinks so hard this is not chess anyway. Just enjoy it if your so serious you will just be constantly annoyed and disappointed.
7/13
-Falchion- - Titan English
Monday 03/09/2007, 09:00

I agree with Quicksilve

Timeout limit is long enough already.......it should be shortened if any change needs to be made...a move should only take 30 secs max...
8/13
Quicksilve - Novice English
Monday 03/09/2007, 14:36

If timeout limit is to be increase, it should be done on the under lvl 12 tournaments since most of the beginners are there and need more time on thinking, figure out the abilites of cards. But once you reach lvl 12 you should have know most of the things lol.
9/13
Blu Sevens - Hero Русский
Monday 03/09/2007, 16:26

I agree with... Well, pretty much everyone If anything, we need shorter timeout periods during the daily tournaments; they are about speed, and if you want to get anywhere near top 50, you shouldn't be spending too much time thinking. And if you are just going for the credit... Well, I think it would be unfair if you hamper chances of the pllayers who are aiming for top 50 or better just so that you could have better win/lose record, don't you think?
10/13
ElTuTo - Master Español
Monday 03/09/2007, 16:53

It's a timed tournament, therefore, it's about beating a lot of people in a certain period of time.
With that been said, we can clarify that the point of each match is to play against the clock, so you shouldn't take a long time to make every move.

Let me put it this way, when you enter in a chess tournament, you don't ask the judges to stop the clock while you think.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals