Random Luck

Random Luck
Thursday 10/05/2007, 04:50
666-Revenant - Master English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
11 messages
Random Luck
666-Revenant - Master - Australian InvasionEnglish - Thursday 10/05/2007, 04:50

Man, at first I thought this game was about tactics and strategy. Being a card game and all.

Having just lost 4 matches through fights that statistically I should have won, it takes the gloss of those cards.

New idea for texas hold 'em, after you lay down, you roll a die to decide which table cards you can use.

It sucks to lose because of the RNG, and I feel sorry for the other guy when I win because of the random number generator.
« Previous12Next »

2/11
electricity - Veteran English
Thursday 10/05/2007, 07:26

I don't know what happen but recently i feel that the random luck become worst.

I keep losing game coz of that, my card always lost( i lost 4 round out of 6 rounds), man I don't know how to play this game anymore
3/11
DerMagus - Legend - Tequila Sunrise- UR Deutsch
Thursday 10/05/2007, 07:34

Then do not play anywhere but in the Danger Zone. But yeah, the problem has been spoken about often enough: fewer people there &etc.
4/11
LOA_MadPirate - Guru - Legends of America English
Thursday 10/05/2007, 07:42

Especially in a EVO match that decides a KO on the second, or third round...
(ofcourse, people probably shouldn't be able to ko on the second round, but it happens)
5/11
TheScathed - Hero English
Thursday 10/05/2007, 13:18

Another problem with Danger Zone is that most people there probably have Uppers, Sakrohm, and Montana decks which reduce attack...

That sucks if you don't have high power cards yet.
6/11
Jerre Muesli - Titan Deutsch
Thursday 10/05/2007, 16:56

TheScathed, in every room there are players with these cards
You just want to win when you don't deserve to win i guess, so there isn't a problem with the room.
I only play elo in the danger zone... it's a fair fight and you control your own destiny instead of random luck
I hate to lose because of a miscaltulation, but imagine to lose because of randomness... that sucks hard
7/11
AoEM Tarr - Legend - Army of Elite Mercenaries Česky
Thursday 10/05/2007, 21:26

Well guys - I could say that the game became quite malevolent - of course if you have attack 40 and youre opponent just 5 the randomless never let you loose (even if you should loose this sometimes) but when its not that clear: like you have attack 30 and your opponent have 15 - then its like the game is revenging upon you for having greater attack. From such fights (30 vs 15) I am loosing like 60 percent times even that statistically i should win more than 60 percent times...

BUT NO - this is not true thought it seems like this to me - its because when you win such a fight you say to yourself - yea that was fair I had greater attack, then you erase it from your memory - but when you loose such fight you became angry and dissatisfied win such an ending and that memory stays - so in the end you think that youre actually loosing more matches on bad luck - but its just youre brain - in larger measure the game is fair...

concerning Danger Zone - it helps but not much - Ive participated in BR8 tournament and played about 10 matches before I was taken out - and 4 of those 10 games were decided by luck because of the same attack - so luck is everywhere even in Danger Zone, so we will all have to make up with it
8/11
Memento Mori - Titan - Open Casket English
Thursday 10/05/2007, 22:16

I agree with erasing it from your memory
9/11
Bloodmoor - Imperator English
Thursday 10/05/2007, 23:39

Well Tarr....I hate to burst your theory...but I've lost them as bad as 12 to 72.Some games I lose 2 or 3 randoms in a row.SkrumxxT seems to be heavily penalised to the point where I doubt his stats.(the 12 to 72 was one of his).Lost count of the times he's gone down to weak cards.Also...seems there might be a glitch with the ability "stop ability".Seems they actually stop everything because this has the greatest percentage of random wins.And yes....to those who think I might have got to my current level without learning anything...I do know how it all works and is calculated.The Danger Zone is great but populated with mostly ELO players so hard to get a "normal" fight there.I think the pressures of the tournaments drive people back to the main rooms to get the fights in...not an indication that they love random.
In my humble view...random should only apply if the cards played are even in stats.
10/11
ernieq - Imperator English
Friday 11/05/2007, 12:48

The thing about a 12 to 72 battle is that you will lose that 1 time out of 7 (12/84). This is clearly ridiculous. I just pushed the
theory in another thread, but exponentiality seems such a good answer. In this case squaring the attacks would suggest that
SkrumxxT would only lose 1/37 times (144/532, which sounds much more like it.
When your attack is so clearly above the opposition's, you really should get more favourable odds than you do now.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals