Possible ELO Liability?

Possible ELO Liability?
Thursday 14/12/2006, 20:33
Drakonis - Imperator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
3 messages
Possible ELO Liability?
Drakonis - Imperator English - Thursday 14/12/2006, 20:33

I'm not entirely sure how many games you have to quit in ELO before the player starts being 'penalised' as it says in the rules. It's just that in the last few days I have had situations where I have had the upper hand in a match and the opposing player has just left with one round remaining resulting in me not getting ANY points for that particular match.

I just thought I'd bring this up because I didn't realise just how easy it is to protect your points in these ELO matches and is quite open to abuse if this isn't more tightly moderated.

I have to admit that I don't have any ideas off the top of my head (maybe adjust the points system so the points are obtained through the actual rounds rather than just having 1 score at the end of the match so if someone quits you still get points for what you have achieved?), but in its current form it is a blatent cheat.

What does everyone else think? Is this a problem with everyone or am I just challenging the wrong people?

2/3
-sCapeg0d- - Titan - Limit Break English
Friday 15/12/2006, 05:37

Drakonis...
... This problem has been discussed and brought to light for ages. Until the authorities decide to do something about it, we cannot do anything but complain. Sorry.

...Secondly, your idea of obtaining points per round instead of per match isn't quite appropriate, as then the entire gameplay would be changed. ELO would be much more chaotic plus the health bar then would be of no use as people would just think of winning every round instead of using strategy to win the match.

...Lastly, to avoid being timedout again by the same player, what I do is that I used to write their names on the "blacklist" in my guild. You could try something similar.

GG... always.
3/3
Fraggle - Admin - Clint Staff English
Friday 15/12/2006, 06:34

Peoples ARE penalized automatically at the end of each day if they did timeout (the more, the bigger they are penalized).
Their rating is NOT protected.
Everything that is stated in the rules is true, but not "instant" (as it is actually said).

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals