Discover the shop’s theme Decks

Thursday 30/06/2011, 14:46
Orpheus - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
115 messages
Orpheus - Legend - LOST in UrbanEnglish - Thursday 30/06/2011, 14:46

9 complementary, efficient characters for just 60 creditsWith these 9 characters, you’ll have two different Decks to play with, each made up of 8 cards. The first one, that has 25 stars, can be played in ELO and T1, while the second one with its 28 stars can be played in T2. And of course both these Decks can be played in open mode.And of course you can modify and improve these Decks with your own cards. However, if you’re just starting out in the game, we advise you to wait until you’ve played a few rounds with the Decks before you start making changes to them.
« Previous12345678910...1112Next »

21/115
SirElric - Veteran English
Thursday 30/06/2011, 15:44

6 packs. 60 credits each. All of them have God forsaken horrible cards. Sorry but these will definitely won't do us any good.
22/115
{UE} Piranga - Senior English
Thursday 30/06/2011, 15:48

I don't think these decks were a bad decision on Kate's part. For 60 credits you are guaranteed to get a bunch of mediocre - fairly good cards in the same two clans, so they are instantly useable. Any new player now can have something more to start with instead of using the same characters from 4 different clans. (60 credits = $2.90 for 50 credits, plus you can earn 10 credits off of easy missions in your first day of playing with the free cards)

Yes for 60 credits you could get 3 packs of newbloods and then just sell them, but have any of you ever considered some of us just have TERRIBLE luck when it comes to packs. Just yesterday I bought 2 packs of newbloods, and got Esta x2, Ernst x2, Martha, and Negodz. This would have been an absolute WASTE of credits for someone buying their first cards! (It was a waste to me...or anyone really).

Overall these theme packs from Kate are a very smart marketing decision (much better than yesterdays' summer tournament announcement..ha). These packs (I like the Ulu Watu/Nightmare theme) can compliment the free cards (also some ulu watu's) that a rookie player has in their arsenal.
23/115
MrkingPin_LoA - Colossus - Legends of America English
Thursday 30/06/2011, 15:49

@ Nintendan WMD I agree with you 1000%
24/115
{UE} Piranga - Senior English
Thursday 30/06/2011, 15:50

...sorry about the double post, but I forgot about one dislike about the new packs

Players SHOULDN'T be able to buy them at full xp. Cards from packs should be brand new and need to be leveled. Any player having these cards will be level 10 anyways, so have them bust out their Vansaar and hit the training rooms.
25/115
Twisted DIm - Veteran - Dragões Imortais Português
Thursday 30/06/2011, 15:54

Completely agree with Piranga, this is for new players, and new players only (like Nintendan said) if you don't like the idea then it probably was not made for you xD. I would never buy this, but lots of people will be happy to do it, so the staff will have more resources to better the game even more
26/115
Nintendan WMD - Titan - Wise Men Distracted English
Thursday 30/06/2011, 15:57

@Leon Anthony

No making a ready deck shows new players how bonus and ability's work. How some cards are better than other, so my theory stands. I never said the decks will let them win every game, or make them any better. I said it will help, I think it will.
27/115
Scratch DSIM - Veteran - Bronies English
Thursday 30/06/2011, 15:58

So let get this start were gonna pay 3 times the cost of a 3 card pack and 10 credits more than full deck to get freaking horrible cards and we know what we get? part of the joy of buying packs is the hope of getting really good cards they should make a pack where u have a 1 in 100 chance to get a cr that would be worth buying
28/115
ebezue - Hero - † OVER KILL † English
Thursday 30/06/2011, 16:01

Actually 3 packs,just different covers
29/115
Fraggle - Admin - Clint Staff English
Thursday 30/06/2011, 16:01

Indeed, this is meant for new/casual players that are not willing to built their own deck right from the start but who like the game and want to get something more competitive right away.

We figured this kind of player may just want to start playing with fully levelled cards so we offer them in both kind (fully levelled or not, it's up to you).

As someone say, it may not be for you but that doesn't mean it's for no one.

Honestly, I think if I discovered the game myself and liked it, I would certainly have liked the opportunity to buy a relatively competitve deck right away and start playing tourney and such.

Of course, they are not "killer decks" by any stretch of imagination, they are just solid decks to enjoy for a fair price (we believe)
30/115
tpu_Renji - Veteran Deutsch
Thursday 30/06/2011, 16:07

To be fair id make them cheaper. i think allopass allows me to get like 40-50 credits. i would make that the price rather than the 6 which are 3 boosters. i think just skimming stuff like Budget Decks and public presets, someone can make more competitive if you strike just a lil gold in 3 boosters. 2 boosters not so much

« Previous12345678910...1112Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals