Unusual vocations

Unusual vocations
Friday 04/11/2011, 11:41
Orpheus - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
54 messages
Unusual vocations
Orpheus - Legend - LOST in UrbanEnglish - Friday 04/11/2011, 11:41

It’s not always easy finding one’s calling. Flinch always knew he wanted to be an on-the-ground cop but he’s more skilled at paperwork. Wonald is an excellent sandwich-board man but he sometimes takes his role a little too literally. And Hefty has spent years building up his empire of charm, despite very strong opposition from the Pussycats. As for Mantiz… no one understands him and since the earthlings are scared of him, he’s given up trying to give them sweets and is going to give them a real reason to be frightened!Get these characters in the shop's packs
« Previous123456Next »

41/54
Dr Deckman - Guru English
Monday 07/11/2011, 07:21

@ M-Bison

"People really over hype Esmeralda, Wonald is so much better. A very good release."

I don't know about Esmeralda being over-hyped, but when speaking of the two it depends on your deck. In a half ELO deck her attack manipulation is pretty powerful and has its place, especially when you consider the competition that Akendram has with Olga and Olga Noel. So play-style and deck composition have a lot to do with it.

Not to mention it's not a profitable reverse psych bluff to pill Wanald. With Wonald you either lose with him and mitigate damage, or you pill (and might I remind you he has only 6 power) and risk losing pills anyway. But again, I think he has his place I just don't think it's a clear either or situation.
42/54
CaptianJack - Hero - - RaW Talent - English
Monday 07/11/2011, 08:42

For the next Freaks card might I make a suggestion. SOB, or someone who is close to a 1hit ok, either of those would be incredibly awesome, other then that love the new releases
43/54
M-Bison - Legend - Casual Grind English
Monday 07/11/2011, 12:28

Well Dr Deckman Esmeralda is classed as number 1 2* in Freaks and I have to strongly disagree, as we all know Freaks are mainly a ELO split deck and drawing Esmeralda by herself is frankly useless, compared to Wonald who could gain you 2 life, or Hula who can still poison.

But it's not just that, drawing Esmeralda with Olga is pretty disappointing as well, because depending on your opponents hand your move is going to be obvious, I just don't like Esmeralda at all and for so many people to think she is god tier 2* is mad.
44/54
UM_Screx - Imperator - URBAN MADNESS English
Tuesday 08/11/2011, 05:10

For all the Freaks 2*, here are probably the most feared: esmerelda Harleen Hula Magda Soushee and Wonald.
Esmerelda is "overhyped in the sense that she can cause huge attack manipulation, which makes people think of it as a stall card, or a card that uses attack manipulation, or defeat pillz manipulation to gain pillz difference between your opponent, refer to Neil of the Junkz. Anyways, in addition to this, you have the option of her as a bluff and pill out to surprise your opponent, pill a little so that way if your opponent pillz a little, you can beat it. Something this card is mostly useful for is the elo stall technique, reason is that in addition to pillz your opponent may use, your poison will also move along.

Next we have Hula. Hula has her interesting technique. Generally nice when fighting sob or soa. But an unforseen aspect of the card is the effect she has on players who don't have much experience. These players think the poisons ADD UP. Really you just have one if the other is stopped, so they pill out, which can be nice in the fight.

Harleen, general offense. -2 min 1 should work well with clan bonus. While not that powerful, this card has a great effect if she wins the fight.

Magda, probably most, or second most offensive compared to esmerelda. Typical, but has her uses

Soushee is obvious why hes useful. He doesn't have to win to have it work, but rather lose. Problem though is that his power is low, so it can be hard to bluff with him, and his minimum is awfully high.

Finally comes Wonald. Offensive? To the poin if needbe. His ability itself can be useful, not only because it can be used when he loses, but also because of this bug, surviving ko. He may have just exceeded 1st or 2nd best 2*

Not to mention the 3* we see. Olga is just brute power, as well as her noel. Piotr's ability will come useful, and many 4* too. Either way, Wonald was a great release.

If i were going to see another Freaks card, id agree that a stop opponent bonhs would be nice, but we lack all Freaks decks. If we gave one a support ability, preferably attack manipulation that was high, maybe a 7/7 card, we would see a higher use of them, as bikini joe was a bit of a letdown.
45/54
Tanto89 - Titan - X. LycurguS .X English
Friday 11/11/2011, 22:20

Hmm.. a little bit busy to do a review

Flinch, this is a nice card
this card resemble Janice
both has +/- attack or power to boot their lack of power
both has stop ability and really kills most of SOA cards out there

this card also kinda remind me of Pallack which is an awful card
the main difference between this card and Pallack is that Flinch has strong ability.
it's like, he has to has low power because he has strong ability (even though it's stop)

nice card would be my second choice after Melvin in half and fourth choice in mono (after Melvin Martha and John)

sum up, nice ability, definitely a staple card especially in SOA week

Woland: a so-so card I guess
he is not that bad, but I don't think I would use him since there are many other strong 2 stars in Freaks such as Magda, Harleen, Esmeralda and Hula
+2 life is not that much
6 power is really low in Freaks

the main thing is, this card is 100% a throw away card. unlike Kusuri which has 7 power, Orlok which has SOB, and Lola which has defeat +3 life and 7 damage
this card has none of the above, the only thing you can do is to throw this card at the right time. sometimes it can save you, but most of the time it will corner you

Wonald ability to resurrect must be a bug therefore should not be counted in
but if they don't fix the bug, I would put him in any freak deck as a troller card

to sum up, so-so ability, low power, very tight competition, maybe a good cheap beginner card
46/54
Tanto89 - Titan - X. LycurguS .X English
Friday 11/11/2011, 22:43

Hefty, star of this release
really IMO he is not that OP
however since he is in Uppers with - 10 attack and lots of 6 damage card, this card could be a headache

I like how Hefty reminds me of Vickie Cr
they are very agressive cards in agressive clans
while Vickie Cr needs to be satisfy with Mona and Gianfranco 4 damage, Hefty has more on sleeve such as Oxen, Rubie, and nellie's 6 damage

Hefty competitor:
Dorian and Herman
Dorian really solid but could be troubled by Piranas or Nightmare
I would say this card and Dorian is a big rival
hefy SOB or more 1 power and damage of Dorian?
it's your choice

Herman is not solid enough, however Herman is a beast if unopposed

sum up: Hefty is really an all around card with superb stats

Mantiz:
ok.. let me say this straight, I don't like this card
8/4 for a level 4??
no thanks, that's a level 3 stats

yes I know most of Sakrohm cards are not solid enough, but 8/4 at level 4 is just ridiculous

if I don't have a good card to beat him, I will let him in, it's only 4 damage AND you throw supposedly one of your strongest card in your hand.

competition:
Jautya is far more dangerous than this card, one hit from Jautya and it could turn the tide of the battle
Petra, 7/5 SOB is really dangerous, that's like Hefty with 1 less damage and 1 less star

I don't see the reason beyond the hype of him
he is solid, but he is not that good
make him 7/4 protection power and damage and reduce him to a 3 stars and we are good
47/54
Poison Ivy89 - Master - Elysium Aether English
Thursday 17/11/2011, 15:14

New cards tommorrow. Predictions are All Stars, GHEIST, Piranas, and Ulu Watu.
48/54
_wise_ - Legend - the courtyard of shadows English
Thursday 17/11/2011, 15:55

Bezerk, GHEIST All Stars and Skeelz
49/54
6-Kiarash-6 - Imperator - Harbingers of Ares English
Thursday 17/11/2011, 17:33

50/54
Soundtrack-HW - Imperator - humanoid weapons English
Thursday 17/11/2011, 22:15

I reckon
Bezerk - Ghiest - Piranas - Vortex

« Previous123456Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals