New mission type – Newblood missions

Friday 27/07/2012, 13:54
Boing - Moderator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
124 messages
Boing - Moderator - Clint StaffEnglish - Friday 27/07/2012, 13:54

As of today, a new mission type known as the Newblood missions, will make its appearance. Each new character release will be accompanied by a series of 5 Newblood missions.  4 of these will use the characters within the release, while the 5th will carry a prize of 10 credits and will be unlocked on completion of the 4 other missions.  These one-off missions are available for a period of 2 weeks and will be deactivated once the next Newblood missions become available (you will, however, be able to finish the missions you have already started).
« Previous12345678910...1213Next »

2/124
Grapple X - Legend - The Infinite Shoeblack English
Friday 27/07/2012, 14:19

Have to say, the two-week time limit on these is a real kick in the teeth; I enjoy being able to complete all the missions but now this forces players to buy new characters right away or forever miss out on missions. Given that the missions are character-related, could there maybe be a time-release system whereby the missions people miss out on the first time are available to everyone when the characters rotate out of newbloods? That way anyone buying packs early gets access to the missions right away, and those who don't will have to wait for quite some time but will still be able to access them. The main concern with this is that it's going to mean that when cards like Kalindra, Dregn or Cortez come out, they'll not only be expensive because of their power but will cost that bit more because people will be competing to get access to their missions. A system where these newblood missions can be unlocked later on will help alleviate this.
3/124
mihalll7_UM - Event team - URBAN MADNESS English
Friday 27/07/2012, 14:19

Bad idea just to get even more money out of NB packs
4/124
K1NG_PWN4GzZz - Legend - TrAitorzZz English
Friday 27/07/2012, 14:31

Well... something was needed to get replace the hype Ld's made..
too bad it's missions I'll only play if I get lucky on a NB pack
which I don't get very often..

this will only increase market value of some cards
rather bad idea I'm afraid...

hope cards with stats like Kalindra, X-0DUS, etc. never get these kinda missions..
5/124
mihalll7_UM - Event team - URBAN MADNESS English
Friday 27/07/2012, 14:38

@grapple X
perfectly said, the cost of the new cards is the main reason why these missions will be out of the reach of most players
unlike the Ld missions which aren't always card-related, pretty rarely lately

Rich platers will buy the cards, do the mission fast and still be able to sell the cards with a profit, some players will drop money in NB which gives you little chances to get the exact cards

Either give us more time to wait for a price-drop, or make the missions available later
6/124
Grapple X - Legend - The Infinite Shoeblack English
Friday 27/07/2012, 14:49

An alternative to releasing the missions later would also be to let them stay available as long as the cards are still in newbloods, this still encourages people to buy newblood packs but opens up the window of time available for players to access the missions.
7/124
Lafoote - Titan - Hip Hop Messiahz English
Friday 27/07/2012, 14:53

Please no crying. It's a smart promotion. It's going to encourage people to buy more cards. There will be very few people who attempt to do them all, but 10 credits occasionally is still a nice bonus.
8/124
ElitePow - Imperator - New VisioN Русский
Friday 27/07/2012, 15:01

To say that this is an insult is an understatement.
9/124
Lord Plague - Legend - Second 2 None English
Friday 27/07/2012, 15:09

The odds of getting all four characters in packs is pretty low, even buying multiple new blood packs. There will be an initial spike in sales, and then people will figure that out. So in the long run, mostly it will be sales on the market that increase. and players who have lots of clintz making the missions.
10/124
Stendra - Legend - BrainZtorm English
Friday 27/07/2012, 15:20

I like the new missions and ten credits but two weeks? I agree with what grapple x said. Two weeks is too short of a time period.

« Previous12345678910...1213Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals