Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Ok.... still trying to work out why the bans/un-bans?

Monday 06/08/2012, 12:39
MadLampy - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
26 messages
MadLampy - Legend - URBAN MADNESSEnglish - Monday 06/08/2012, 12:39

"Changes to characters banned in ELO

The list of ELO banned characters has been updated. See below for an overview of the changes made. The following cards have been permanently added to the list of characters banned in ELO: - Spyke (Berzerk) - Lehane (Sentinel) - Draheera (GHEIST) - Lea (Rescue) - Elvira (Rescue) The following cards have been permanently removed from the list of characters banned in ELO: - Kerry (Rescue) - Sledg (Rescue)"

ok Spyke we all expected for a while now, that one is fair enough

Lehane - sure... and where is the perma ban for flannagan? she's 2 damage and just a wall... TBH Jean is more imba but ofc that would require you admitting you put an imba card in NB... oh wait, you did since Spyke is gone now

Draheera - sure she has SOA clan ... but a lot of cards still own her and if she gets hit by SOA just about everything owns her
Lea & Elvira - you know, for the first time in history of me playing i actually feel sorry for Rescue players. you just ripped the only playable SOB and SOA out of a clan.... then again you ripped the only DR out of pirannas

Kerry and Sledg un-banned... like that makes up for Lea and Elvira... a 4 star that's been replaced and a 5 star that didn't see much use outside T2 after Pastor/Nancy/Aurora came out?

TBH guys, i'd like to see the reasoning behind all of them apart from Spyke ( him i'll let slide even though that mean you now need to release a decent 4* to replace him ) as would others
« Previous123Next »

2/26
wats_happenin - Titan - Casual Grind English
Monday 06/08/2012, 14:54

#1...mono Sentinel was getting a bit ridiculous....did you enjoy seeing them every second game in ELO?

#2...Draheera...Oh how i despised you so much...your 9/6 2 pilled move always caught me off guard and tended to end the game for me round 1...TBH Id rather Leviatonn go (Skeelz' only counter in the GHEIST clan) but he gets temp banned regularly anyway

#3...Elvira's ban I can live with....Lea's ban...ugh! That hits right in the crotch....Im using Vinny (Yes that Druggo dousche) to replace her :/

#4...Kerry unbanned HOORAH!!!! Finally an actually viable Rescue 4*...I pity the fool who attempts to 'counter her'
Sledg unbanned..HOORAH x2!!!!Now Nightmare no longer poses a viable threat against my Rescue

So Im overall happy with the bans...if Lea returns Kerry must go or there is literally nothing stopping Rescue's domination
3/26
CC Gelnika - Veteran Español
Monday 06/08/2012, 22:02

1. Yeah...when i see Lea i tremble...that SOB in a 2 damage card certainly overrides any strategy, i always pill 6 or 8 just to stop it.

2. Spyke permaban might be fair if ELO were a mode where we hardly see SoA, damage reduction, stats protection, and other power reductions with min 4 or less...oh wait.

3. Draheera ban is absolutely fair.

4. Elvira...just pill 8-10 if you're afraid. Now seriously, she is better than Lea, way more problematic, but don't deserve a permaban. If she's OP, Otakool should be banned every two weeks.

5. I like how they somewhat put a conditional balance in Rescue with the return of Sledg, you want the powerhouse in your deck? ok you (prolly) won't have SoA (Cliff).

6. Kerry is solid, good stats matched with a SoB only available at 2 specific turns...problematic when you don't have a proper counter (who the f*** would pack SoB or power/damage reduction in it's deck? better permaban).
4/26
MadLampy - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Monday 06/08/2012, 22:23

#1 yup... i used to love their little faces against Ivannnnaaa Stopalot along with the GHEIST/night/Roots/sak/etc etc etc decks

#2 Draheera... i tended to use other cards. and it's crippled mono GHEIST... but hey, GHEIST tends to be half these days ( zero, bri, levi and choice of card ( usually Methane ))

#3 so you hate mono-sent but don't mind mono Rescue.... confusing much...

#4 again you hate mono-sent but don't mind two unbans that make mono-Rescue the flavour of ELO?

as i said, Spyke made sense and i'm guessing it was down to ban votes... but why rip the only SOB from Sentinel then not rip it from Junkz etc and then also rip two low stars from Rescue but give them back Sledg and Kerry?

and before you say, i also thought that if Kerry went they should have taken Edd Cr too. after all they'd already taken Shakra
5/26
wats_happenin - Titan - Casual Grind English
Tuesday 07/08/2012, 03:37

Flanagan isnt even a fair comparison to Lehane...lets face it she's insane to face and much better

Hell I don't hate mono Sentinel....I was probably their biggest user LOL...every week I used them cause they are very easy to use and win with....but I know alot of people (in my guild and other guilds) were complaining about their overusage and they're right.

Every week if I was unsure on what to use...I just used mono Sentinel which proved to dominate 95% of decks I faced....sure your random deck could beat certain draws but in the end you have a good advantage over your opp. with them most fo the time....Coby/Jakson/Havok/Lehane.....hard to beat draw right there (im sure you will attempt to name a few draws that can beat it though)

Depending on draws Sentinel are even unstoppable vs GHEIST and Roots...and lol who uses Sakrohm in ELO these days? I think I saw one when Uranus was unbanned once

Anyway....Recue's overall bans were interesting....hurting their lower stars but fixing that lacking 4* issue...It's a fair trade off for now!!!
6/26
KitsuneKatsumi - Titan - XiongDang English
Tuesday 07/08/2012, 04:04

Kerry was probably the banned character most undeserving of a ban. I mean, she is the 6/6 version of Edd Cr. By the way Montana also has Suzie at 3* (Moses) and Aurora with 1 more damage (Avola).

Sledg- a great character, maybe the best 5* in Rescue.

Spyke banned- A little disappointing. Even with Spyke, Berzerk still had to deal with a mediocre bonus and did not come close to dominating ELO as GHEIST, Roots and Piranas had years ago. This drops them from challenging Junkz and All- Stars for the best overall ELO clan to somewhere behind Jungo.

Draheera banned- a 9/6 for GHEIST was a bad idea from the start. The only thing that checked Draheera was the mirror match. GHEIST have been less and less ELO relevant. I'm surprised Draheera got banned instead of Wardom.

Lehane banned- I guess they figured Sentinels had one too many 8 power character. This hurts Sentinel in many ways- not only is losing the best 2* ever released always going to be a huge setback, Sentinels are also very shallow at 2*.
7/26
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Thursday 09/08/2012, 05:04

Lehane: Understandable, but I feel a bit sad to see her go. 8 power and SoB in a clan with attack manip makes her an excellent utility card, a powerful wall, and a potential setup for a 3-round win. However, I feel her 2 damage kept her shy of being OP. Never have I said "darn, my opponent has Lehane, I guess this game is a loss."

Draheera: Again, understandable. 9/6 SoA means that she threatens KO with a lot of cards, makes a great fury counter, etc. because DR can't usually soak her up. But again, I never felt she was very OP. GHEIST did not have a whole lot of round winners, which means that running them mono was not terribly easy, with or without her.

Rescue bans/unbans: Oh my lord, what a mess. Whenever Cliff was out, Rescue was already a little bit on the OP side... Now they are even more OP. They have Buckler and Daussone which help make up for their low-star losses with their high gap power, and now they have high-stars that not only gap high, but cover Rescue's biggest weakness. A clan with such high attack manip should not be able to draw a had of cards that all gap for 5 or better. Rescue now feels like Montana with superior bonus, superior utility, and higher gaps. Where's the balance in that?
8/26
subclavianHoA - Imperator - Harbingers of Ares English
Thursday 09/08/2012, 07:03

Lehane: Good ban, something needs to be done to curb the plague of mono-sentinels, and Lehane is a good candidate for that. Is she overpowered in a vacuum? Probably not, but put her alongside the rest of sentinels' 8-powered lineup and it becomes a problematic deck for many people.

Draheera: Fair ban. Draheera makes a high-star mono GHEIST draw very hard to counter, plus taking him out does not hurt GHEIST half decks.

Spyke: like who didn't see that coming. But the staff need to start making better cards for berserk because they just lost the only card that makes their clan playable.

Rescue: releasing Kerry strengthened Rescue a *lot*, more than enough to offset the loss of Elvira and Lea. But hopefully, losing Elvira and Lea will stop the shameless double-olding so that Rescue can thrive toward becoming a strategic clan instead of a last refuge for brainless 1300 spammers.
9/26
about4turtles - Imperator - URBAN MADNESS English
Thursday 09/08/2012, 08:16

Banning of Elvira and Lea hurt Rescue a lot but was offset (not completely) by th Kerry & Sledg un-ban. A little weaker not as strong.
10/26
yummy12345 - Veteran - XiongDang English
Wednesday 15/08/2012, 00:46

Overall i think Rescue is hurt, quite a lot imo.
a good elo deck needs good low stars, since you need multiple copies to form the deck, and 4* and 5*, you probably only put 2-3. Plus I think Cliff is very good, which uses the one of two, if not the only one 5* spot. (well not like im saying Sledg is not good)
so when you already have a decent 5*, and now give you another one, but took away the key 2* and 3*, not worth it XD

« Previous123Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals