Overrated stuffs!

Overrated stuffs!
Monday 24/09/2012, 13:48
0 the oracle - Imperator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
33 messages
Overrated stuffs!
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open CasketEnglish - Monday 24/09/2012, 13:48

Hey guys so this is just a casual post where we can share stuff that is considered overrated!

Ill start us off.

I think Praxie is definitely overrated since chiara, Sandro (in mono), Snowflake (most of the time) and Andy Ld (if you have it are all better choices (Even Danae and Lorna are competition)
« Previous1234Next »

11/33
LosingSleep - Guru English
Tuesday 25/09/2012, 01:19

I always thought X-0DUS was overrated.
X-0DUS just doesn't fit his bonus. His bonus tries to be unpredictable, but the Courage just makes him useful half the time, and normally it'll only be to block a poison like Azel or damage like Oxen since Vortex don't have any expendable SoA like Graff or something.

I think Praxie is decent but nothing more. Maaany clans have 8/4s. At least he's DR resistent and Skeelz 3* really suffer from DRs.

I think Melvin's very overrated. I honestly would take Thomy over him at this point since he can block Freaks bonus or something. Morgan fills the DR Sentinel need.
12/33
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open Casket English
Tuesday 25/09/2012, 01:44

Lol Praxie is 8/4 protection: damage but THATS IT. compare him to the likes of Tyd/ Noodile Cr who trade in with SoA/SoB. Praxie is the FOURTH best Skeelz you guys dont know how threatening Snowflake is.

haha X-0DUS is fairly good WAY overpriced though Vortex really needs an SoA so his price is... explainable.

Anibal is kinda overrated, i dont even see him as good as Methane.
ok Cortez is ridiculous I DONT CARE if its 8/8 backlash and crappy clan bonus makes him not worth 70-80k. something like Nahema doesnt even get any attention... i dont get it.
13/33
Korrn - Titan - The Arcane Forest English
Tuesday 25/09/2012, 03:37

Hriger is a strong card dudes, i mean really,
a solid 7 power, good 6 damage, not to mention the clan's bonus SOA
his ability is underappreciated, -1 pill min 1 which means he is usable in almost all turns(except last )
just think about it, a 7/6 card that ruins your ability (assuming you're not an SOB bonus card) with an attack +7 ability
come on, Toro isn't in ELO, Methane does deal solid 7 damage, but on the strategic side, Hriger is a much bigger threat,
rate up if you agree
14/33
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Tuesday 25/09/2012, 04:12

Nice topic!

I think X-0 is overpriced, but not overrated. His most valuable contribution is being a heavy hit that you can't use ability DR on. That combined with his clan's pill recovery makes him a deadly opener -- you can't just ignore him, but if you pill too hard and he turns out to have been a bluff, you're in big trouble.

I think Arkn is overrated. He is in almost every way worse than Z3r0 D34d, and I can't for the life of me figure out why he's banned... Especially now that Draheera is gone, and there is less reason to run mono GHEIST.

I also think Bogdan is overrated. His high power and SoA just seem to scare people a bit, but let's face it... Unassisted 8 power is not impossible to beat. I think that Grudj, Olga, and even Baldovino are harder cards to deal with, because they can secure a 1st round win without handing your opponent a large pill advantage. Bogdan is just a shot in the dark that you have to hope your opponent doesn't read.
15/33
MobiusWyrm - Colossus - Second 2 None English
Tuesday 25/09/2012, 04:43

I don't think anyone said that Snowflake wasn't a threat, but that you you weren't giving Praxie enough credit. He sits in the top for my Skeelz choice, because he is stable.

Cortez is ridiculous, he is an 8/8, and the only one that isn't ELO banned. He is also rare, Nahema is common. The market price isn't about how awesome a card is, though it helps.

Judging the hype about a card based on market price isn't fair to the card, there are a few factors. Does it have a related mission? Does it have a good ability? Does it have good stats? How common is the card?
16/33
LosingSleep - Guru English
Tuesday 25/09/2012, 04:50

Nahema is in a clan with better 5* and keels over to SoA.

Cortez is in a clan where his only other major competition is Lizzy and Taylor, who are both quite average. Also, he gets better against SoA.

honestly, price doesnt mean being overrated. it just means some sly people decided to mess with the card.
17/33
wats_happenin - Titan - Casual Grind English
Tuesday 25/09/2012, 05:12

Praxie is very overrated. Skeelz need cards that either
A. Force you to use alot of pillz to beat it. eg: Falkenstein, Sasha, Sandro, chiara
B. Force you to either pill to beat or lose alot of life/ get hit with a nasty ability...eg: Jay/Greem/Snowflake
This is why cards like Tomas and Praxie don't fit into the clan....they require too many pillz to get an average amount of dmg in
The only time Praxie is totally better is vs a mono DR deck...and even then he has to pill to be good

X-0DUS is a necessity to his clan...Dagg is no where near as good as him...he forces pillz whilst stopping your annoying ability

Melvin is overated to hell...I never use him! I prefer the other 3* available to Sentinel

Hriger is only currently expensive due to his crappy missions in new blood.

But if you want overrated check out Lizbeth....that is overrated
18/33
Tuesday 25/09/2012, 07:12

Dagg is about as good X-0DUS since X-0DUS is courage based. and also soa can be from another clan if you run a half deck as well.
Melvin is.... a good card slightly overrated. its the only major dr in his clan and dr+ attack manipulation can get quite annoying at times.
Lizbeth.. yah overrated as hell.
and with your point on Skeelz.. YES YOU ARE RIGHT. but Jay is overrated though not only is it revenge based but 7 power isnt that attractive. yah Praxie sux NEVER USE IT rather use Danae.
although Cortez is strong against soa, without soa he is simply 8/6 (without bonus) not as good as Nahema.
19/33
Openball - Imperator - HKG English
Tuesday 25/09/2012, 08:00

What do you mean by overrated? Do you mean overpriced? I don't think an overpriced card = overrated card, as there are a few factors affecting the price of a card, e.g. CR speculation, commonness of the card, date of release etc. The price is just not always explained by how good the card is.

But honestly, price of Praxie is not easily explained.
20/33
Tuesday 25/09/2012, 11:26

^ true but usually overpriced card is most often time an overrated card. OK sometimes its CR speculation but how do you explain something like X-0DUS?

anyway Arkn is actually a very good card if you have ever used him you will know how handy that -10 attack comes in (mostly because it takes opponent's 7 power card 2 pillz to beat him) and 4 damage is very threatening. but yah i dont think elo ban is necessary. Z3r0 D34d isnt THAT great i mean you dont really want to spend pillz on 2 star cards anyway.

oh lol i remember cassendra used to be SO overrated. its not even CLOSE to being as good as Dorian. just cuz they have the same stats it doesnt mean it compensates for cassendra 's stupidly useless bonus (7 damage contradicts with poison).

« Previous1234Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals