I wonder...

I wonder...
Saturday 20/10/2012, 01:49
Tansur - Guru English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
23 messages
I wonder...
Tansur - Guru - The TrendEnglish - Saturday 20/10/2012, 01:49

I wonder what people would say if a clan came out with a bonus of +2 pillz.
« Previous123Next »

2/23
aZanyPenguin - Veteran - Limit Break English
Saturday 20/10/2012, 07:22

It better have lower power and damage than other clans.
3/23
mahawirasd - Imperator - Immortality English
Saturday 20/10/2012, 08:36

Would be kinda hard to balance... and they would probably need an average power of 7 or more to be of any threat (if they can't even get past the high attack manip clans, they'll be too risky to play). Then comes the damage issue - surely allowing them to 2HKO would be silly, but if they are going to be a pill manip clan operating similar to how some of the older piranhas act, then there's always the issue of how well they operate compared to dahlia Scubb Hawkins etc.
4/23
subclavianHoA - Imperator - Harbingers of Ares English
Saturday 20/10/2012, 17:29

People who like to 50-50 will love it! The rest of us, not so much
5/23
Tansur - Guru - The Trend English
Sunday 21/10/2012, 04:07

I was just curious what people would say...since Uppers/Montana/Rescue basically get +2 pillz every turn, except it happens before they win or lose...
6/23
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Sunday 21/10/2012, 04:29

It's quite workable, IMO. The scariest pill manip cards either have SoB (Piranas) or a round winning bonus (Shann, Tremorh, etc.) As these guys would need to pill up a little harder to overcome attack manip clans, that +2 pills bonus wouldn't be nearly as scary as it initially seems. Most attack manip clans already offer a 2-pill benefit against a 7 power with no round-winning bonus.

Moreover, like the Vortex, they could make up a strong pill-related bonus with shaky base stats. Vortex abilities help make up for those, but they suffer greatly vs SoA... So you could expect to see something like a 3* with 7/2 +3 Life, and it would compare well to existing cards. They might also have a couple of cards with good all-around stats, but with interesting Backlash abilities. I can imagine a 5* with 8/7 stats but a Backlash of Poison 1 min 1... Comparable to Selma in many situations, sometimes a bit better, sometimes a bit worse.
7/23
subclavianHoA - Imperator - Harbingers of Ares English
Sunday 21/10/2012, 05:28

@Tansur:
A major difference between attack manip and +pills is that attack manip forces your opponent to either spend pills or take a hit, and therefore encourages moderate pilling, since you gain a life advantage if you win or a pill advantage if you lose. +pills only works if you win the round, which encourages overpilling and turning games into mindless 50-50s, even if the +pill card is theoretically "balanced".

For example, look at how people use Rowdy, compared to how they use Scubb (even though Scubb is the more balanced of the two)
8/23
Infiniti - Event team - Tequila Sunrise- UR English
Sunday 21/10/2012, 12:32

Well i think +1 is underpowered and +2 overpowered
9/23
bilobob987 - Titan - -= Na Koa Lana Kila =- English
Sunday 21/10/2012, 15:26

The nxt bonus i think is gonna be confidence something, and would a courage bonus be to stupid im 50-50 on it it seem to obvious
10/23
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Sunday 21/10/2012, 17:36

@Subclavian: I think you're exaggerating the impact of +pill cards a bit. Like I said, cards like Scubb don't really compare to this clan idea... Scubb has SoB, which means he is better at beating Rescue and Montana than a 7 power.... And he gains 4 pills instead of 2. I don't see a hand full of +2 pill cards creating a 50/50 situation, personally.

Another way of looking at a clan with a +2 pill bonus is: they will get less extra pills in a typical game than a Vortex deck. Most ELO players consider mono Vortex pretty much unplayable.

« Previous123Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals