Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

A long and annoying wall of text about elo mode!

Wednesday 24/10/2012, 05:44
AGPrinz - Titan English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
27 messages
AGPrinz - Titan - 'AktivGaming'English - Wednesday 24/10/2012, 05:44

Hello, I am a longtime player and fan of urban-rivals. I have been playing this game since Rico was in new blood (which was about 3-4 years ago). I have seen the meta game change many times, as well as placing fairly high multiple times in elo matches. I have used Freaks back when there was 12 life, to some success (~1380 elo a few times).
Quite frankly, the cards that are coming out now are too powerful, and not accessible to players. I have spent A LOT of money on this game, gladly. However, the recent price increase for good cards (notice how every new card is completely overpowered, and rare) is disturbing. Cards like Sprinter, and Saki, are acceptable because they are uncommon. However, having completely gamechanging cards like kalindra, Jean, Clover, Diana, sah brihka, Lucy, X-0DUS, Troompah and Neville is very irritating. These cards completely change entire clans from being unusuable to useable, or useable to completely overpowered. And simply put, they cost too much money to obtain (coming from someone who has bought well over 4000 credits, and that is a VERY conservative estimate).
Another problem is the lack of permabans in ELO. The elo voting format isn’t working, as some very abusive cards manage to make it through very often. For example, the Bogdan Olga, Grudj and X are making an extremely overpowered half deck for Freaks. If I were the staff, id ban at least two Freaks cards, my top picks being Bogdan and Grudj, (to be continued)
« Previous123Next »

21/27
Soldi3rAce - Titan - War Party English
Monday 29/10/2012, 20:19

We need to remove some characters from the list such as
Smokey Cr
Lou
Arno
Ulrich
and Striker
22/27
Signomi - Titan - D-Versified English
Monday 29/10/2012, 23:47

Smokey - No.
Lou - No, UR hates Roots more than Rescue.
Arno - Nope.
Ulrich - Uh-uh. Not gonna happen, Piranas in a balanced place right now.
Striker - Nope, the Jackie Cr of All Stars who can guarantee them victories sometimes.
23/27
AGPrinz - Titan - 'AktivGaming' English
Tuesday 30/10/2012, 01:18

I think people are forgetting that this topic was mainly about the price increase of being competitive, not just which cards are overpowered. Which, honestly i would be satisfied with ONLY Azel/Saki/Jean/Troompah/Bogdan being permabanned. Its more like "WHY THE HELL DO I HAVE TO PAY 60000 CLINTZ FOR EVERY NEW RARE CARD??!"
24/27
cvacva - Novice - Bleusticks Protectors English
Tuesday 30/10/2012, 05:53

Smokey NO PLEASE NO.
Luo - The day they made 14 life was the day they supposed to have removed her from the ban
Arno - I'm a Big Roots fan but NO she's just TOO good.
Ulrich - mixed feelings i cant put into words
Striker - Yes because having Saki was not great enough for them! AS needs more OP!!
25/27
Sicba - Imperator - Open Casket English
Tuesday 30/10/2012, 12:24

Ill only respond to OP of this thread, cuz later this went more into ban/unban topic.
I dont completely agre with you Prinz (actually, only part that I agree is the cost of some new cards, but about that later). New cards that are coming out arent that powerfull so that they cant be countered. From the ones you named, only Kalindra, which you can SOA, DR, heck, even SOB hurts her, or also fight, and to some extent Clover, which can be also dealt with. Others, not so much, if not at all. Jean? Seriously, Jean? Being OP? Where? Diana, a much needed PC at that time. Lucy, a wall. Situational X-0DUS? And Troompah wich gets devasteted with SOA (Jean eats her). None of them are OP. "These cards completely change entire clans from being unusuable to useable" and that is exactly their part here, or do you think some clans should always get great cards, while others should get bad onse? Do you want to see only few clans everywhere?
The reason some cards cost so much is because of market manipulators and maybe the fact that some got a preview on FB. I dont like it either, but after few NB they go down and are closer to their real value.
And for you ban system, it works kinda well, the better score you have, the more votes you get, so use them wisely. If a clan has many good cards (not OP, good) that doesnt mean some should be banned, it means everyone has a bigger choice for his deck, which I support, cuz I like to face different decks instead of the same ones.
26/27
subclavianHoA - Imperator - Harbingers of Ares English
Wednesday 31/10/2012, 13:43

I hated it when they started making good elo cards into collectors. Blaaster Cr, Robb Cr, Noodile Cr, Veenyl Cr, and Edd Cr costing 10~100k each only drives newer players away from elo.
27/27
AGPrinz - Titan - 'AktivGaming' English
Wednesday 31/10/2012, 17:25

« Previous123Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals