Just a question?

Just a question?
Monday 31/12/2012, 18:19
awilly - Hero English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
11 messages
Just a question?
awilly - Hero - URBAN MADNESSEnglish - Monday 31/12/2012, 18:19

What's the point of cards that are elo banned and have a penalty in Tourney like Gil
« Previous12Next »

2/11
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Tuesday 01/01/2013, 02:09

1) collecting
2) useful for some missions
3) extended formats
3/11
Mr Intelijent - Hero - D-Versified English
Tuesday 01/01/2013, 04:43

Waster hit the nail on the head but I will explain it a little more for your understanding.

1. People like to collect everything in the game, the more cards you have the more respected you will become. You get titles such as Novice, Senior, Hero, Titan, Legend etc. The higher your cards the better your title.

2. They are useful for missions because they are cards that are over powered. Cards like Gil will help a lot in Pill Removal missions. Cards like GraksmxxT will help in Damage Removal missions etc.

3. In Survivor Type 2, Deathmatch and Fight Club these cards are allowed with no penalties, they are considered the same as any other card and with them being over powered they have a high advantage in these formats. They can also be used in DT to an extent. I wouldn't use any of the - 5 or - 10 cards but some - 2 cards like Rowdy can help you out and may be worth the point reduction based on preference.

A lot of people also believe they might go CR because people believe that a lot of OP cards go CR and decide it's a good idea to invest in them. Nothing is certain however and if you are considering buying any of them I would recommend for general playing over the other options.
4/11
Frowns - Titan - At the End of the World English
Tuesday 01/01/2013, 11:50

I'm guessing the point of the question is, what purpose do low star ELO banned characters serve?

I wouldn't put Gil in a T2 deck. Same thing with Arkn and Arno.
5/11
Fisic - Master Português
Tuesday 01/01/2013, 16:27

I agree here with Frowns.

Why would I put a Gil on my Junkz survivor extended deck?
And in survivor elo I can't have it on my deck, it's elo banned.

So, besides Fight Club, where you gain... nothing, no extra clintz or points, I can only use on survivor extended, where he's nothing along side with the big cards like Haze, Neil (talking about pillz remotion), Rowdy... you get it, right?

So... yeah, what do cards like Arno, Gil, Arkn, serve for?

(And guys, sorry for my baaad english, I'm portuguese )
6/11
0_4DPaladin - Veteran English
Tuesday 01/01/2013, 17:51

For the low-star ELO banned cards, T1 is a welcome place. Gil allows you to fit in some hard hitters being taht he's only 2 stars
7/11
about4turtles - Imperator - URBAN MADNESS English
Tuesday 01/01/2013, 19:01

Those low star ELO-bans w/ DT penalties really are only used for Deathmatch Extended 25 and events that allow them. To be honest, they need another Extended 25 room of a different mode so these cards can be used more.
8/11
TheDoomBug - Legend - Limit Break English
Wednesday 02/01/2013, 00:50

Well, as of right now in official modes, just collecting and trading I guess, but it's not unheard of for the staff to "unpermban" a card, if they feel the meta has changed enough.

There are player-created events that those cards could still be used in, though. Heck, you could even start one yourself.
9/11
Blue_Muffin - Hero - Time Conquers All English
Wednesday 02/01/2013, 00:54

25 Star Extended DM is a good fit for those types of cards
10/11
mahawirasd - Titan - Immortality English
Wednesday 02/01/2013, 02:21

+1 to a lot of the above regarding its ontological issue

Gil is still at the apex of what a 2* card can do. There are still plenty of game modes and events available that allows Gil to shine. The change of the T1/T2 system to standard-extended does somewhat reduce Gil's options, luckily there is still extended 25

Ougun kyo on the other hand...

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals