Click here if you forgot your password.

Request for Standard 25 format

Saturday 27/04/2013, 08:02
MsDouDou - Hero English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
17 messages
MsDouDou - Hero - Brotherhood of the CrescentEnglish - Saturday 27/04/2013, 08:02

Standard lacks 25 format, and i'm sick of playing against no brainer all 5's decks, mainly Vortex and Junta. Those builds are designed to exploit over-powered card and not much strategies involved, simply repetition of a certain play-style.

Currently there is no balance gameplay in Standard format because most players go for 5's cards, and careful deck building is redundant. This environment is already exiting in Extended, but Extended has 25 option. If you are a player who like not to play against over-powered retired cards such as Guru, Dj Korr etc., you may choose Standard, but in Standard you won't get dalanced and strategic gameplay.

Please consider creating a Standard 25 format, i'm losing interest in this game even though i own cards and could play those no brainer decks, which i never liked playing with.
« Previous12Next »

2/17
AsianRepubIic - Titan - E X C A L I B U R English
Saturday 27/04/2013, 08:05

Problem is, Standard banned alot of good cards that were necessary for certain clans which used to be Standard Format.

I can say that almost every single clan except for a few used to be amazing in Standard based off of experience.
3/17
MsDouDou - Hero - Brotherhood of the Crescent English
Saturday 27/04/2013, 08:50

I don't see that the developer doing much in designing cards for specific clans to balance the gameplay in Standard, and in the other hand, allowing few clans to totally dominate the environment and do nothing is detrimental to the format. The worst is the game starts to lose players because of that. I believe creating a Standard 25 format will balance the gamplay somehow, not allowing the already dominating clans to abuse its muscles.

I would not agree to sit and look at a bad condition but do nothing. The current Standard format is rather like a bad joke to me as it is exactly like Extendard, just not using Extendard and retired cards. Then if you are not playing the abusive clans or do not have those cards in Stardard, you will be better off playing Extendard, and this sounds really ridiculous to have Standard at the first place.

I just returned to play this game and purchased credits, but the Standard is dashing my rekindled interest in this game.
4/17
mahawirasd - Titan - Immortality English
Saturday 27/04/2013, 09:37

As much as i would love a standard 25 format, i'd have to agree with what AR is saying - at this point in time there's just not enough good filler cards for standard and wayyyy too many 5 stars...
5/17
0 GURU - Veteran English
Saturday 27/04/2013, 09:43

I would not like to see a standard 25 format however the tourney is full of vortx and junta decks that can be tricky to play around
6/17
Space Churros - Imperator - WAR ACADEMY English
Saturday 27/04/2013, 11:41

http://www.urban-rivals.com/en/community/forum/?mode=viewsubject&forum_page=0&id_subject=2320025&subject_page=0#answers
sadly most of the good Standard cards got "rotated"...

also, they used the word Rotation so I was like "They made non-standard card Standard? " sadly it was not the case.. I wish this would happen.. you know rotation as in non-standard cards replaces some of the now non-standards cards and so on...
7/17
AmberRed1994 - Imperator - Limit Break English
Saturday 27/04/2013, 17:12

Tourney, is it? If not then ignore everything below because otherwise I'd be talking nonsense.

I think it's really inevitable that the newer clans get more/all of their cards in play for Standard. There are lots and lots of Frozn and Vortex and it gets really monotonous in Standard Tourneys playing against them. It'll be unfair to take them off the format though. Perhaps have a small penalty for some them instead for Standard Tourneys?

But if the problem here is about the match-ups and star counts, not to worry, there's a table somewhere in the Tourneys game rules that shows you the decks that you'll face. (Generally, up to +/- 5* unless you're playing 16-19 or 36-40 star decks, correct me if I'm wrong.) So you can adjust accordingly your own deck to avoid/meet particular level decks.

I hope I'm not being redundant, really. I somehow have this feeling that I'm missing the point. Am I?
8/17
Vinyl-Scratch - Legend - D-Versified English
Saturday 27/04/2013, 17:26

"I believe creating a Standard 25 format will balance the gamplay somehow, not allowing the already dominating clans to abuse its muscles. "

Creating a standard 25 wouldn't balance gameplay. The problem with standard is that new clans have more cards to pick from. It isn't the star limit.

Standard is just a failure of a format.
9/17
hashburki - Imperator - REIGN OF THE SUPREMES English
Saturday 27/04/2013, 19:56

25 standard format for which game mode?
DM? Tourney? Survivor?
10/17
AsianRepubIic - Titan - E X C A L I B U R English
Saturday 27/04/2013, 20:02

Very sure the OP is talking about DM

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals