Plea to get rid of spammers

Wednesday 17/07/2013, 14:37
DeepEnd - Imperator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
19 messages
DeepEnd - Imperator - Limit BreakEnglish - Wednesday 17/07/2013, 14:37

It seems UR is starting to get its share of spammers that try to sell clintz/cards for real money. Real or fraudelent, but they should be gotten rid of.

How they work: They create new accounts and start spamming their advertisements immediately, to forums, to private messages etc.

Why it works? - Because the work from signup to be able to spam is really low.

How to fix this?

1) Disallow public/private messages and comments to anybody except friends until player has played 50 fights that did not end up in timeout.
2) Disallow friend requests from anybody who has less than 50 fights (but they can be still asked to be friends. it has to be initiated by someone else.)
2) Give boot to all the illegit advertisers IMMEDIATELY and without questions after verifying proof.

This way work to be able to spam becomes really hard (you pay in time to fight 50 fights) to be able to get 1 shot in spamming. That is counter-productive. Legit players get 50 fights quickly, so they really wont suffer at all. Its all about being able to stop repeated activity.
« Previous12Next »

2/19
UR_Genie - Hero English
Wednesday 17/07/2013, 15:46

The problem with this system is most of these people spamming run fight bots, so doing 50 fights for them is just afking for a few hours like they already do.
3/19
Wicked Witch - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Thursday 18/07/2013, 16:42

I hate to say it.. but the old system worked a lot better in getting rid o spammers
4/19
Thoazol - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Thursday 18/07/2013, 16:47

Do we appreciate instant posting enough to deal with all the spammers ourselves? That's pretty much the whole question right now.
5/19
Wicked Witch - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Thursday 18/07/2013, 16:51

I really like the instant posting...
6/19
Thoazol - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Thursday 18/07/2013, 19:56

Oh come on.. Spam on anti-spam thread. How much easier can you make this?
7/19
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Thursday 18/07/2013, 20:50

"2) Give boot to all the illegit advertisers IMMEDIATELY and without questions after verifying proof. "

We are doing that don't worry. If we find a illegal advertiser we ban them. Sadly theres a lot comeing at the moment. We are fighting them the best we can but if you find one on the public presets, Forums or PMs please report it or send me or anuther mod a pm with a link/screen shot so we can take action.
8/19
TGAP-Trixie - Senior English
Thursday 18/07/2013, 23:42

Maybe it's a disgruntled employee
9/19
Pilluminati - Legend - D-Versified English
Thursday 18/07/2013, 23:48

I'll sign this.

And for god's sakes,mods,please have a look through the character pages and get rid og those ridiculous ascii posts and random posts of level 10s saying "hi" or such wonderfully helpful nuggets like "asdfghjklqwretyuiopzxcvbnm"
10/19
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Friday 19/07/2013, 00:02

Well that is the price of a less moderated forum. i personally felt more in touch when things had to be moderated before the posts went through. but it caused some big delays when mods would be sleeping

i try to remove presets and character reviews when i can. the hardest ones to get at are events where the spammer hits up the event forum

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals