We are happy and excited to announce the early access to our new event creation tool for players level 60 and more. Only creation is limited to level 60+, it's up to the creator to set (or not) levels limits on his/her event.
It's still beta, it's still rough (although it has been deeply tested), and we dont have any help or faq pages up right now (we figured you coudn't wait any longer ).
The url is http://www.urban-rivals.com/events/new.php
- There is no page listing all the events, but your friends will be notified (thru the friends feed) of your creation, you can also send the link to the event's page.
- The level required to create an event will be lower upon release.
- There WILL be a full events section on the website.
- Our system doesn't handle automatically cards as prizes, for now.
- Our system DOES handle entry fees and sharing the clintz afterwards (and it's secured, you'll see).
- You can't create your own deck format _yet_, for now, you can only select from the 3 officials formats.
- After setup, it's mostly automatic during a phase (reporting & points calc).
- If you change the scoring rules, it wont recalculate the previous battles.
- All scoring rules are evaluated after a battle.
- Its frickin' fun to do an Event - TRY
Creators, use this thread to share your knowledge
I cant wait to see the first english-speaking events
ps: You can auto link to an event using event:ID
I'm actually a little scared about it being as low as 45 already, 60 was a good number while it's still in beta. There needs to be much tighter security measures in place before billions of these events start popping up, at least a LVL 60 it was reserved for only a handful of players.
"I'm actually a little scared about it being as low as 45 already, 60 was a good number while it's still in beta. There needs to be much tighter security measures in place before billions of these events start popping up, at least a LVL 60 it was reserved for only a handful of players."
I don't know why that bothers you. Not like if a bunch of level 5s make events will destroy the game. It will just give people more to do. Until people start cheating then it doesn't matter.
I for one don't care about events since they did take a while to complete. Hopefully with this new system they get done quicker because you can meet them in the rooms.
"Until people start cheating then it doesn't matter" That is why I'm scared.
At level 60 staff would have a handful of events to monitor for cheating
At level 45 staff would have a heap of events to monitor for cheating
at level 5 0_0 staff would die of exhaustion trying to monitor them all for cheating
The fact is that statistically lower leveled players are more prone to cheating, they have less to lose if they are caught. It would also be annoying to have 2000 events in play that would never be completed because the creator loses interest.
Just a quick note.
The events not run by us will NOT be monitored for cheating (at all).
The system protect your entry fees and it's up to the event creator to handle any problem that could occure in his/her Event.
The only time we might intervene would be to cancel an event when the creator has been inactive for too long.
The level limit purpose is to make sure that the event creator has enough experience with the game. Also, to make sure (s)he have a "valuable" enough account so (s)he wont do something bad with it.
Load of lower level have experience liek level 20-30. I have experience. Also valuable account coul dbe monitored about how amny cerdits u have bought. Maybe like if you bought 1000 cerdits you could make an event so newbie like level 5's can't make event. I think t his idea is ackual quite a good one. When they buy a certain number of cerdits.