ELO: Votes and restrictions

Tuesday 08/09/2009, 10:14
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
307 messages
Euzebe - Legend English - Tuesday 08/09/2009, 10:14

We've already told you that we were going to see how things would be going with the secret voting system about possible changes in ELO mode. And that's exactly what we’ve done.

Firstly, we’ve decided to leave the voting system as it is. It works well and should work even better in the future with characters banned thanks to votes.

We've checked voting results and the most frequently played characters in ELO stats.
We've decided to permanently ban 5 characters: Kolos, Marco, Zatman, Hawk and Ratanah.

Kolos is permanently banned because it was obvious that you did not want him in ELO any more. He’s been banned nearly every weeks since the voting system release and we thought it was pointless to keep on using your votes against him.

Marco, Zatman, Hawk and Ratanah have also been frequently banned by your votes so we thought that these permanent bans would offer a fairer game.
Admittedly Ratanah was banned less often than Shakra but we calculated that her ban would greatly help in reducing the Roots' dominance while still making them playable. Whereas Shakra’s ban would have left the Roots with very strong chances of building powerful half-decks for a reasonable amount of stars.

We didn’t want to ban any All Stars or Piranas (Smokey or Striker, for example) even if they were concentrating a large part of votes. We figured out you would be more free to vote and decide by yourselves which characters need to be remove from ELO.

Have fun !
« Previous12345678910...3031Next »

21/307
HK_Aniki - Guru English
Tuesday 08/09/2009, 13:00

Think about this Tomas is virtually the same as Hawk xcept for the stop bonus instead of soa and the +8 attk
lets compare something

Caelus and Tomas

VS

Hawk and Copper

caelus is better than copper and Hawk is better than Tomas
i dont really see why Hawk was banned ..
the reason marco was is so that you dont come across marco and Sledg in the same hand
22/307
Werwolferine - Legend - The BeSharps Deutsch
Tuesday 08/09/2009, 13:20

Besides the permanent bans. What does UR-Staff thinks about to change some game rules. For example "no 1-Star-Filler" or "only one 5-STar-Card" in an ELO-Deck. This would bring a lot more Strategy to the game as well.

bye - Werwolferine
23/307
TheDongBomb - Imperator - aussie crusaders English
Tuesday 08/09/2009, 13:21

Noooooo
you have killed sentinels and Uppers my fave clan
well just Sentinel
24/307
KON ARTIST - Veteran - D12 English
Tuesday 08/09/2009, 13:21

Whats the point of this!? 1 card being banned sounds resonable but this is rediculos! u got rid of elo's best usable cards now the second ones will always be banned elo will be ful of bad cards now and these seconds cards will seem overpowered and u probably will just go ahead and ban them too! this is a bad idea
25/307
Oneonone - Titan English
Tuesday 08/09/2009, 13:25

Good job, this will make the meta way more interesting... hehehe
26/307
LoA XONicxOx - Imperator English
Tuesday 08/09/2009, 13:28

Well this knocks off a lot of the main cards in Elo and I assure you people won't be happy.

I think Shakra should have taken the fall instead of Ratanah.
Marco really shouldn't be gone in my opinion because of his Ability and Base Power

I think the rest deserve it.
27/307
LaurenJ - Senior English
Tuesday 08/09/2009, 13:29

OMG not Zatman, well there goes the Uppers ELO lol
28/307
KON ARTIST - Veteran - D12 English
Tuesday 08/09/2009, 13:33

Ok people dont understand this

copper always temerarily banned
Hawk permenantly banned

sents are gone!

Dorian always temp banned
Zatman is permanently banned

Uppers are gone!

Shakra always temperarily banned
Ratanah perm banned

Roots are gone!
29/307
Dregn - Legend - URBAN MADNESS Deutsch
Tuesday 08/09/2009, 13:41

Well done!

Marco & Zatman:
It was wrong to release Marco and Zatman from the Elo ban so it is right to see them staff banned again. Both were broken.

Kolos:
He deserves a ban as well. So often people say that it is so easy to stop him with damage reducers and Soa. This is wrong: His bonus protects him from GHEIST/Roots. Damage reducers are no problem - he still deals enough damage. There is no reason at all to play him as a silly 1-hit-ko all the time - that is too risky anyway. Many players underrate Kolos because noobs only go for a 1-hit-ko with him. That is not the way how good players use him! I have used Kolos in Elo and I got 1300 quite easily.

Ratanah:
One of the very best Elo cards so far. 8 power, SoA, attack manipulation. Simply too annoying.

Hawk:
I am not so sure about the ban. Indeed he is a good card but for me the real problem is Lehane and not Hawk. Without Lehane Sentinel would have never been dominating. There are other very powerful 5 * cards as well. In my opinion a ban of Lehane would have been more logical.

By the way - Nightmare is going to get a new 5 * card! They need a replacement for Kolos.
30/307
vexedvox - Titan English
Tuesday 08/09/2009, 13:47

my zatman's gone......guess i'm going back to Rescue or Piranas

« Previous12345678910...3031Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals