ELO: Votes and restrictions

Tuesday 08/09/2009, 10:14
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
307 messages
Euzebe - Legend English - Tuesday 08/09/2009, 10:14

We've already told you that we were going to see how things would be going with the secret voting system about possible changes in ELO mode. And that's exactly what we’ve done.

Firstly, we’ve decided to leave the voting system as it is. It works well and should work even better in the future with characters banned thanks to votes.

We've checked voting results and the most frequently played characters in ELO stats.
We've decided to permanently ban 5 characters: Kolos, Marco, Zatman, Hawk and Ratanah.

Kolos is permanently banned because it was obvious that you did not want him in ELO any more. He’s been banned nearly every weeks since the voting system release and we thought it was pointless to keep on using your votes against him.

Marco, Zatman, Hawk and Ratanah have also been frequently banned by your votes so we thought that these permanent bans would offer a fairer game.
Admittedly Ratanah was banned less often than Shakra but we calculated that her ban would greatly help in reducing the Roots' dominance while still making them playable. Whereas Shakra’s ban would have left the Roots with very strong chances of building powerful half-decks for a reasonable amount of stars.

We didn’t want to ban any All Stars or Piranas (Smokey or Striker, for example) even if they were concentrating a large part of votes. We figured out you would be more free to vote and decide by yourselves which characters need to be remove from ELO.

Have fun !
« Previous12345678910...3031Next »

41/307
Saandro - Senior English
Tuesday 08/09/2009, 14:38

I think that all this permabans are well deserved for each card altough i play with Zatman in ELO i really think he is owerpovered.
And like putzo said i think it would be better if u would ban Lehane instead of Hawk. But the thing i like the most is the Ratanah ban because she was the most annoying card to face in ELO. Good job UR cant wait to see the new ELO
42/307
soliuz - Imperator English
Tuesday 08/09/2009, 14:42

This is so crazy >.> HSS isnt going to like this XD
43/307
Fremmeno - Legend - Open Casket English
Tuesday 08/09/2009, 14:51

@Werwolferine

The day when Lehane and Hawk was released, there was no Melvin. and the dominance of Roots and GHEIST was higher than any other clan ever. Every deck contained at least half of them. The best Sentinel 2* was Aurelia, coper was 4/8, and Dayton was the same as Aurelia, just one star more. So cdg is right. They were strugling before the release.
44/307
FAST IS FUN - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Tuesday 08/09/2009, 14:53

Kolos had plenty of counters in the meta, but it's good to see him removed from a practical standpoint. He was locking up 8% of the vote every week and keeping other cards from being banned and/or saved.
45/307
ON_Ragnarok - Titan - Carry ON Português
Tuesday 08/09/2009, 14:56

I still think that Striker is a virtual 8/6 SOA for just 4 stars. All Stars already have Alexei for a decent 4* SOA. You guys banned Hawk and let Striker out of the deal? It will just happen to him the same thing that happened to Hawk: Player Banned every week. If that is the reason why Hawk was banned I assume in the next couple of months other cards will get the ban Hammer?

Also if you really want to make ELO fun why don't you just remove EVO cards? Allowing only full leveled cards? It would make the format MUCH friendly to everyone, since we would't need to waste A LOT of clintz buying 1 and 2 star cards to raise oour chances of achieving better results.
46/307
Beelzebub_HD - Titan English
Tuesday 08/09/2009, 15:08

I understand the principle of what you are doing here, but marco and Zatman don't deserve the ban I think, Zatman is the only good three star and marco has a lot of weaknesses. The others I agree on. I'm a little sad to see ratannah go, but screw Hawk and Kolos, Hawk is overpowered and Kolos is a ruiner of games. You could maybe come up with a system of allowing players to vote for the return of permabanned cards. Even if it's just once, to see the result (good and bad) from this permabanning.
47/307
Rip666 - Titan - ELITE_LTU English
Tuesday 08/09/2009, 15:21

This is complete nonsense. So now they are baned. After few months you will ban Dorian, Shakra, Smokey, Copper and somthng like Striker? Only because all thos Fang Pi And La Junta can't do anything to better cards? Or you want to make clans like Sentinel, Roots or Uppers. You really did a big mistake here.
48/307
HK_Aniki - Guru English
Tuesday 08/09/2009, 15:28

Sentinels still have plenty of cards (Including the very broken Lehane (U)), while Uppers has Nellie (R), Rubie (R), Wendel (R), Frankie, Oxen (U) and Burt (C). Uppers remain *the* dominant clan, bar none, even with Dorian (U), Zatman (U), and Jackie (R) sitting it out.

Nellie is low on power really only to be used with Zatman to ensure a low star deck Rubie a waste of space in elo wendels 2* frankie is rubbish for elo Oxen is ok Burt only usefull as a dr . How can they remain the dominant clan whilst All Stars Pussycats etc are in ur ?

Guys please stop to complain. No reason to cry just because you cannot use your broken cards anymore!

This is a game where the players give of the money to keep it going we have the right to say whats on our minds. PLus like Kon said those clans are now crippled which brings elo back to the All Stars once again
49/307
Dr.Ido - Legend - Clint Staff English
Tuesday 08/09/2009, 15:33

Many questions about Kolos : Yeah, I agree that he's not in the same category as the other 4, but he was banned almost every week. Seriously, he was banned 13 time in the last 15 weeks. We heard the message and removed him. Obviously it won't affect how the Nightmare performs in ELO since Kolos was almost never allowed. The biggest change is that it will "free" some votes that you'll be able to use for the EVO cards for example.
That's the other thing we are looking forward to, as we banned the cards that you were voting the most for, now that they're gone you'll be able to use your vote to really fine tune the ELO voting against less obviously over powered cards but ones that slightly unbalance the game. It's hard to tell what will happen so I won't make any guess but I'm sure that it will be very interesting
50/307
Werwolferine - Legend - The BeSharps Deutsch
Tuesday 08/09/2009, 16:02

@Thralas: You got me wrong. I didnt disagree with cdg, that Sentinels were struggling before the release of Hawk and Lehane. (I absolutely agree). I disagreed with the fact, that Senti will "now hide in a corner", cause - as you said - they got Melvin in the meanwhile and still have Lehane. We will see what happens to Lehane. In my eyes she is a 2Star-Zatman, but the rest of the clan is not that powerful, so it is ok, that she is not permanently banned.

@Dr.Ido: The problem of semi evolved cards is, that there are so many. Even if the community bans one of these 1-star-fillers, e.g. Gwen, there will be a Noon Stevens, a Svelthlana, an Effie, a Wanda, a Dolores Boss, a Meg and others. Do you the see point? So it remains a task for the Staff to create other ELO-rules... or not. Your choice.

« Previous12345678910...3031Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals