Deathmatch : corrections, improvements and new features
Tuesday 18/05/2010, 13:52
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
114 messages
Deathmatch : corrections, improvements and new features
Euzebe - Legend English - Tuesday 18/05/2010, 13:52

Hello all,

We’ve just made a new Deathmatch update. No need to report us problems you had before this update if they are in the list below. Of course, if you keep on having the same problems in spite of this update, then report them to us.

The persecution penalty decreases from -10 to -5 points (we like the idea but we also understand that it can be a pain).

The glitch which was throwing us out of DM room and make us join the Fight Club (teleportation glitch) is solved.

The bonus points gained after 4 victories in a raw are reduced from 20 to 15. But the run doesn’t stop there, you’ll keep on wining these 15 points after 5, 6, 7 victories, etc.

New bonus : if you are the first one winning a match in a DM (10 points)

New bonus : if you win a match after a run of 3 or more defeats (15 points)

New bonus : if you make a player lose while he/she was having a 3+ victories run (15 points)

New bonus : if you beat a higher lever player (5 points)

the timer per round is 15 seconds shorter.

Enjoy!
« Previous12345678910...1112Next »

31/114
Zoidberg1 - Legend - the courtyard of shadows English
Friday 21/05/2010, 00:03

I don't like the +5 for beating a higher level player its silly, there is no real advantage of being a high level player so why be penalised.

If it was 5 points for beating a higher star hand that would be good
32/114
DerMagus - Legend - Tequila Sunrise- UR Deutsch
Friday 21/05/2010, 00:05

If you beat a higher level it yields extra point? Bad, bad idea, imho. You make being higher level from being meaningless to actually being a disadvantage.

What I just noticed... In a DM room (DerMagus rooom? I wish... ) clearly marked with "no random" suddenly rounds where announced as being in normal mode. ... I mean: huh?
33/114
-Wicer- - Moderator - Harbingers of Ares English
Friday 21/05/2010, 04:44

So... when are we going to get the deck customization thread in events like on the french board?
34/114
XLR8_OC - Master English
Friday 21/05/2010, 05:26

"New bonus : if you beat a higher lever player (5 points)"

Actually, i think DM is for the low level players, so please stop complaining about this bonus because you are already a high levelled one. peace! =)
35/114
Fraggle - Admin - Clint Staff English
Friday 21/05/2010, 08:02

About normal/no random: READ my previous answers.
36/114
Friday 21/05/2010, 11:53

I did in fact read this whole latest thread and explicitly scanned for your posts again. I also read all first posts for death match announcement. I did not find anything.
I think you can understand that I or anybody else is not interested in reading all those posts again, searching a long time for rules information that shoul be available in a single spot.

so.... WRITE the answer WHERE ONE LOOKS/EASILY FINDS it :O

I did now search again, even in older, closed, and moved down threads...
After 10 minutes search (without search function and fit keywords) the only thing vaguely relevant is:
"Friday 07/05, 15:51

@legionaireb: the random setting of the DM is actually decided at the beginning of the DM using the settings most used by the players in the DM."

Well... So, why were all but 2 games no-random? I really don't understand that. There were different modes in that DM.
37/114
Friday 21/05/2010, 11:58

Third result:
http://www.urban-rivals.com/search/?terms=random+deathmatch&option=boards

Anyway... As you know, it's still beta, so the rules are changing. But dont worry, it will be in the rules when we release it.

But having both random and non random in the SAME deathmatch should never happen. Are you sure it wasn't a new DM (a new start = new) ?
38/114
Friday 21/05/2010, 12:32

Yes, I am 100% sure. I was absolutely irritated after I won a round against another player... and then again... when I should have lost. He was as irritated as I was. Which also showed in the cards/pillz played - they would have made no sense at all in "normal" mode. I specifically checked the settings and all announcement. In the upper right corner, "no random" was clearly visible yet the next game was announced via extra box as "played in normal mode" - the game after that was in "no random mode" again then.

The only "not too usual" thing that comes to mind is that the new hour AND the new day began right in the middle, incidentally before the first sudden "normal mode" game. Maybe that somehow considers it a new start for some reason?
39/114
Friday 21/05/2010, 13:11

Nope, should not, if the number of the DM doesn't change, the setting should not change.
40/114
EmAndroX - Senior English
Friday 28/05/2010, 20:37

Just one lil q here , i'm a curious guy : are the prizes in DM going to stick only at clintz and battle points?

« Previous12345678910...1112Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals