Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Changes to the ELO mode and new banned characters.

Friday 28/01/2011, 14:47
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
533 messages
Euzebe - Legend English - Friday 28/01/2011, 14:47

As of January 31st 2011, Copper, Bridget, Rolph, Rowdy, Lou, Shann, Emeth and Oshitsune will join the list of characters permanently banned by the staff in the ELO mode.
This month will also see the launch of some new experiments in ELO. During the weeks to come it will no longer be possible to play “semi-evolved” characters in this mode. In addition to this, the starting life points in the ELO room will be set at 15.
If these changes prove to be successful, they can become a permanent feature.

You’ve been asking for a more strategic ELO mode with a less decisive chance factor (on cards draw and pillz).
Semi-evo cards appeared to be a big advantage for those who can afford them. We’ve hesitated quite a while on banning them because we didn’t want to deprive you of using some interesting and balanced semi-evo characters but there are just a few of them compared to all those which can skew the game. From now you’ll have to fully evolve your characters if you want to use them in ELO.
Regarding the life points rise, it will prevent the easy two-shots and then reduce the domination of high damage characters. They are still important in this mode but they won’t be able to win the match too easily now.
It’s still a test. Don’t hesitate to tell us your feelings about it on the forum so as to make the ELO mode satisfactory for everyone.
« Previous12345678910...5354Next »

11/533
Icarus - Legend - E X C A L I B U R English
Friday 28/01/2011, 15:04

And oh Deebler Vermyn N
they are used for evos not for max it wastes a star
dammit
and Pussycats are famous for semi evos
how come?!
i personally agree with the ban but not with the changes
:O
12/533
_Mr-I_ - Senior Português
Friday 28/01/2011, 15:04

Woww this sucks... the 15 life change is just horrible
13/533
0 Rowan LoA - Titan - Legends of America English
Friday 28/01/2011, 15:07

Oh noes!! Not my Copper and Emeth!! =( O' Well, I saw this coming really. Not once have they been off the ban list since I've started playing.

No more semi-evolved characters means no more Vermyn N at 3 stars =/. I was just about to buy one at that level as well.

I don't know why, but I have a feeling that poison/DR/Attack Manip decks are slightly more effective with this change.
14/533
Mr Intelijent - Hero - D-Versified English
Friday 28/01/2011, 15:08

this is like s**tting on the toast of all elo players then eating it and spiting it in there face
no semi evo stupid,new perma bans omg stupid T_T mhmm when this new changes apply i ain't playing untill they're changed back
15/533
Adifire - Veteran - Organized Konfusion English
Friday 28/01/2011, 15:09

Poor Roots..
16/533
mahdin_DvF - Event team - D-Versified English

If Lou is perma banned, why are XU52 and Fuzz not banned either? They are the exact same cards.
17/533
LoA Fine - Titan - Legends of America English

Instant reaction to life point raise is how over powered poison will be... Sigma's life sep just went to 11, Freaks are at 12... That's kind of really unbalanced even if they draw a single life sep or dr...

I like the new semievo ban though! Wish you'd permaban Gil though lol...
18/533
Zapper1300 - Titan - Legends of the Dark English
Friday 28/01/2011, 15:10

I don't know why people are saying Roots are bad in elo now. I guess I'll take advantage of the 15 life and use cards like Tshern and Ojibway.
19/533
0 Braxter - Titan English
Friday 28/01/2011, 15:12

15 life? goodbye La Junta and Fang pai clang.. and hello more useage of Freaks
20/533
Lu Bu - Titan - Limit Break English
Friday 28/01/2011, 15:14

@Lou: Ojibway.
@Bridget: Don't want poison to overpower ELO too much now do we?

Use Ariwaka

I fully support all of the ELO bans and changes to ELO. I mean two hit KO's are just boring and don't require that much skill.
I could go on forever but I'm not going to.
I can see all of the reasons for these changes and I would encourage you to wake up and do so also.

Thanks Administrators.

« Previous12345678910...5354Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals