Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Changes to the ELO mode and new banned characters.

Friday 28/01/2011, 14:47
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
533 messages
Euzebe - Legend English - Friday 28/01/2011, 14:47

As of January 31st 2011, Copper, Bridget, Rolph, Rowdy, Lou, Shann, Emeth and Oshitsune will join the list of characters permanently banned by the staff in the ELO mode.
This month will also see the launch of some new experiments in ELO. During the weeks to come it will no longer be possible to play “semi-evolved” characters in this mode. In addition to this, the starting life points in the ELO room will be set at 15.
If these changes prove to be successful, they can become a permanent feature.

You’ve been asking for a more strategic ELO mode with a less decisive chance factor (on cards draw and pillz).
Semi-evo cards appeared to be a big advantage for those who can afford them. We’ve hesitated quite a while on banning them because we didn’t want to deprive you of using some interesting and balanced semi-evo characters but there are just a few of them compared to all those which can skew the game. From now you’ll have to fully evolve your characters if you want to use them in ELO.
Regarding the life points rise, it will prevent the easy two-shots and then reduce the domination of high damage characters. They are still important in this mode but they won’t be able to win the match too easily now.
It’s still a test. Don’t hesitate to tell us your feelings about it on the forum so as to make the ELO mode satisfactory for everyone.
« Previous12345678910...5354Next »

61/533
Greek 69 - Master ελληνικά
Friday 28/01/2011, 17:40

Great, a game of elo now will take 10 minutes

also, i play elo during tournament s to usually score just enough to get a free credit..... probably gonna be harder to do that now as well...
62/533
Nintendan WMD - Titan - Wise Men Distracted English
Friday 28/01/2011, 17:44

Thanks for that read Orpheus

Still think blaaster should go... ; ) loves you.
63/533
DerMagus - Legend - Tequila Sunrise- UR Deutsch
Friday 28/01/2011, 17:46

What I spontaneously dislike is the 15 Life. That makes a completely different play in ELO compared to every other mode. Then again, I see the rationale behind it... wait and see.
64/533
Endymio_DvF - Titan - D-Versified English
Friday 28/01/2011, 17:56

I really hope that you revisit the ELO permanent ban list. Without semi-evo characters permitted in ELO Wanda has no buisness being banned. Gil, Lehane, Spaghi, Hawkins . . . all are cards that are equally if not more powerful than her fully evolved.
65/533
krokmithaine - Titan - La famille de Don Vincenzoo English
Friday 28/01/2011, 18:01

Mmh! Lots of people are complaining about the 15 ife points in ELO. Why? IT'S JUST A TEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't you ever want to try new things? I do not say it will be better or worth, just try and evaluate the format. (a test definition no?)

So you try first and then you argue your point of view. No need to whine beforehand.

Ok people gonna have to think less in terms of 2hko and more about getting a life gap. It's just a different mindset. It is not a bad idea to have a KO threat on later rounds only. If ELO stands for strategic gameplay it is not off topic. For now i don't have a clear opinion, i want to try it first.

The best comment here is about having 2 ELO rooms: "ELO 12", "ELO 15" (with same or different bans) so everybody will be able to choose (if "ELO 15" pass the test ). Moreover it would give players the opportunity to play othert clans than usually seen in ELO. It sounds refreshing.

Bans are hitting hard those days. We can always discuss if a card is OP or not. But when there is a ban we should get an alternative then. Some of the latest cards releases do not really address this issue. Please UR staff create new cards that are designed considering card levels gaps in a clan.
66/533
Boredy_FIM - Guru - Bronies English
Friday 28/01/2011, 18:07

Oshitsune is gone? NO! IT CAN'T BE!
67/533
ibtd - Titan - Die Frettchen English
Friday 28/01/2011, 18:33

It's not so much about complaining about the 15 life points. It's more so about pointing out a bunch of flaws. There are cards out there which are designed with 12 life points in mind.

Sigma, Ojibway, Owen, Lin Xia are all playable and very dangerous cards when you think 15 life and I'm sure there are others.

Any of these cards on their own backed up by (Roots) DR are gonna win matches first turn. Of course, the way to counter these cards is what people already do all the time, play GHEIST and Roots (especially the DR).
68/533
zephyr - Legend Español
Friday 28/01/2011, 18:43

I agree with taking Wanda off the permaban-list. Think about it, admins
69/533
Lu Bu - Titan - Limit Break English
Friday 28/01/2011, 19:03

Yep just try it before you start whining. Maybe it's the Freaks' time to shine? ... You can't ban a whole clan!

Agreed with the two ELO rooms.

And yeah, they'll sort out the bans later. Stop crying because they haven't done it/finished it yet.

Waiting for the day when I can remove the dust from my Diego.
70/533
AoEM_Rasiel - Imperator - Army of Elite Mercenaries Česky
Friday 28/01/2011, 19:05

I don't like the changes, any of them, banning those characters looks like an overkill to me, they weren't even that good and all of them were reasonably counterable. If you ban semi evo you can ban the whole pussycat clan right away and i don't know why would you want to take more freedom from players, i believe that semi evo should be a valid strategy because you trade power of one card for power of another. And 15 life is a dsaster, it completely negates 2 hit ko and gives power and attack manipulators even more advantage over damage clans. If you want to bring forth Freaks just give them another awesome 3 star character and they will be played, no need to change whole elo because of it...

« Previous12345678910...5354Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals