Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Changes to the ELO mode and new banned characters.

Friday 28/01/2011, 14:47
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
533 messages
Euzebe - Legend English - Friday 28/01/2011, 14:47

As of January 31st 2011, Copper, Bridget, Rolph, Rowdy, Lou, Shann, Emeth and Oshitsune will join the list of characters permanently banned by the staff in the ELO mode.
This month will also see the launch of some new experiments in ELO. During the weeks to come it will no longer be possible to play “semi-evolved” characters in this mode. In addition to this, the starting life points in the ELO room will be set at 15.
If these changes prove to be successful, they can become a permanent feature.

You’ve been asking for a more strategic ELO mode with a less decisive chance factor (on cards draw and pillz).
Semi-evo cards appeared to be a big advantage for those who can afford them. We’ve hesitated quite a while on banning them because we didn’t want to deprive you of using some interesting and balanced semi-evo characters but there are just a few of them compared to all those which can skew the game. From now you’ll have to fully evolve your characters if you want to use them in ELO.
Regarding the life points rise, it will prevent the easy two-shots and then reduce the domination of high damage characters. They are still important in this mode but they won’t be able to win the match too easily now.
It’s still a test. Don’t hesitate to tell us your feelings about it on the forum so as to make the ELO mode satisfactory for everyone.
« Previous12345678910...5354Next »

71/533
XC Bangor - Titan - E X C A L I B U R English
Friday 28/01/2011, 19:08

Bridget?
was she such a huge threat?
Was this the threat everyone was complaining about?

copper - had counters but still very strong... sentinels suck now though... Owen? Tessa Cr to fill in??
Rolph - kinda saw it coming - GHEIST have UX52 so it's cool
Rowdy - a bit bad for the Junkz but now Qubik can fill in
Lou - good banning I guess because that 8 damage was abused.
Shann - let's face it she was Overpowered
emeth - overpowered as well
Oshitsune - had counters... A little Overpowered

anyway concerning the 15life
Kinda bad if you were a 2HKOer
hurts La Junta as a result but now Freaks will be good!

e.g Oren does 6 damage +3 life + 6 poison (if used in the opening)!

a little mixed on this but we shall see.
72/533
_Imhotep_ - Titan English
Friday 28/01/2011, 19:11

I'm sorry but this is retarded. The only reason I really play or buy cards weekly is to try and beat my old elo scores. Now they are gonna change the whole concept. I've easily spent $150 here and now elo is pretty much done. Why don't they just create another battle option and rank it like elo only call it a a lamo score.
73/533
UM_Crockett - Titan - URBAN MADNESS English
Friday 28/01/2011, 19:12

I agree with the people who want Wanda back, now with semi-evos banned. I am a big fan of Pussycats and I would be really happy to use mono-Pussycats again. Wanda would now be balanced, so I think she deserves a unbanning.
74/533
Infiniti - Senior English
Friday 28/01/2011, 19:21

Shann Lou Bridget!
What are you thinking?
ok semi-evos thats doesnt matter but
15 life!
75/533
Endymio_DvF - Titan - D-Versified English
Friday 28/01/2011, 19:23

So now we will have an even bigger perma ban list, a staff ban list, AND a player ban list.

Ya know there's something to be said for the trade off of strategy and being able to play the characters you like playing. I hope this pendulum hasn't swung too far this time.
76/533
Tanto89 - Titan - X. LycurguS .X English
Friday 28/01/2011, 19:23

@krokmithaine:
the problem is, from past experience, most likely they will keep the format
I never heard they remove the format or changes except Vickie Cr picture issues (CMIIW)

ELO is actually scoring system for chess
in chess you can do 4 move checkmate or even you can checkmate your opp early on
why we cannot do it in UR? that ruins the fun

and one more thing about bans
the problem is, it is not only hit ELO
it also hit DT because perma ban a card would give you -2 penalty if you use it in DT
so Lou, -2 in DT? lol.. who wants to use a card that are not too strong, hard to win, and give -2 penalty because admin think she is overpower in bloody ELO?
it destroy one card that still useful in DT (the disadvantage out weight the advantage)

it is back to my stand point about against penalty for ELO perma ban cards in DT
77/533
Babs Hartley - Legend - TRiNiTY English
Friday 28/01/2011, 19:30

Can we please have TWO DIFFERENT ELO rooms? PLEASE!?

One that you guys experiment/tinker with and one for those of us who are happy with the way it is?

I've played events that had 15 life and no semi-evo and, you know what? It didn't even come close to being as interesting as elo. Don't make this permanent... please.
Ugh, just give us an extra room that you never tamper with!
78/533
Lu Bu - Titan - Limit Break English
Friday 28/01/2011, 19:36

@Regs They all deserved it.
79/533
jtsarnak - Titan English
Friday 28/01/2011, 19:41

Is there any card better than Greem in this format? Only all-stops kill the poison and 1st turn she's a 13 point swing.
80/533
Thoazol - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Friday 28/01/2011, 19:47

Copper's replaceable, Bridget sorta had it coming. Rolph's not a big loss, Rowdy has replacements, Lou makes sense, if they let someone else from Roots back in. Shann is FINALLY banned for good. (What could you expect, 9 power, 4 extra pillz and half of the life gone?). Emeth and Oshit are replaceable.

The semi-evos. Maybe that's all it needed. And 15 life just means less 2HKOs. What's the difference?

« Previous12345678910...5354Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals