Discover the shop’s theme Decks

Thursday 30/06/2011, 14:46
Orpheus - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
115 messages
Orpheus - Legend - LOST in UrbanEnglish - Thursday 30/06/2011, 14:46

9 complementary, efficient characters for just 60 creditsWith these 9 characters, you’ll have two different Decks to play with, each made up of 8 cards. The first one, that has 25 stars, can be played in ELO and T1, while the second one with its 28 stars can be played in T2. And of course both these Decks can be played in open mode.And of course you can modify and improve these Decks with your own cards. However, if you’re just starting out in the game, we advise you to wait until you’ve played a few rounds with the Decks before you start making changes to them.
« Previous12345678910...1112Next »

31/115
PermanatorWMD - Titan - Wise Men Distracted English
Thursday 30/06/2011, 16:08

Facepalm for the idea ....
32/115
Fraggle - Admin - Clint Staff English
Thursday 30/06/2011, 16:11

Tpu_Renji: the budget for setting the price has been calculated by using the average market value of 3 boostr (over time), then we picked our selection of cards from the market from that price.
We tried to build decks for less credits (so less average market value) but it wasn't possible to have a nice T1 and a nice T2 at the same time.
33/115
I am Sylar - Hero - Elysium Aether English
Thursday 30/06/2011, 16:18

I think this addition is a great idea!
34/115
---SiM-HoA--- - Imperator - Harbingers of Ares English
Thursday 30/06/2011, 16:19

If i had 60 credits, i personally would buy 6K in clintz and have the freedom to build my own deck rather than those cards
35/115
Thursday 30/06/2011, 16:20

... And you are more than welcome to do so

The nice thing is that you have the choice now.
36/115
KamaMan - Titan - The Infinite Shoeblack English
Thursday 30/06/2011, 16:26

I really love this idea and do hope that more theme decks will come out as the time passes by. Of course I won't buy 'em 'cause I don't need them and have great experience but my friend (who is a new player) already bought one and is really satisfied with it.
37/115
Thursday 30/06/2011, 16:28

@KamaMan: that's nice to hear.

We believe we'll change the themed decks from time to time, depending of the success of this new offer
38/115
Mangustas - Novice - ELITE_LTU English
Thursday 30/06/2011, 16:48

I like the idea.
39/115
Pynxz - Hero - The Trend English
Thursday 30/06/2011, 16:50

Someone should post the marked value of each deck.
40/115
DerMagus - Legend - Tequila Sunrise- UR Deutsch
Thursday 30/06/2011, 16:55

Well, I am ambivalent to it and will not buy one myself

1) They are solid decks.
1a) But the price... um, well... too high by straight value card-for-card BUT you pay for having those fitting cards.

2) It would be worse if there were really great cards inside - the price of those cards would plummet as there is a guaranteed supply.
2a) No rares were harmed in the making of these packs

3) The idea is copied from other TCGs... which is fine. But sorry, "theme" does not really carry much here, not as in, say, Magic's theme decks. That's largely due to UR not really being comparable to Magic in many aspects.

=> I think it is a good choice for new players... maybe, if they don't want to invest more. For everybody who has a functioning deck, these new sets are clearly not the way to go. It may indeed be the right way to grab new players more easily... I myself don't fall into the category this is aimed at at all. (I do read manuals, for example, a seriously outdated thing to read. ). It has a very slight air of money grab. Then again, you pay for pre-construct service and nobody hinders player to offer preconstrucion for clintz (via credits if need be). So whatever... some people will buy them, most won't and that's more or less fine, I'd say. I'd like to hear in a month or so, how well this actually went. I am somewhat weary about having a lot of those decks - that would lead to only rares having real worth as in its extreme, all other cards are guaranteed in these decks

« Previous12345678910...1112Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals