The Slot Machine : Winners and Losers!!

Tuesday 20/09/2011, 12:41
M e R L i N - Eternal English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
112 messages
M e R L i N - Eternal - E X C A L I B U REnglish - Tuesday 20/09/2011, 12:41

Shall we open a thread dedicated exclusively for posting the big winnings and losses we all had and still have, and will always have; with this infernal machine?
Big winners, please post here with a screenshot hosted in tinypic or elsewhere (no, tinypic is not paying me anything. )
Also please post useable statistics regarding what you think is the investment:return ratio and the probability of each of the objects appearing in each column (that is for advanced statisticians).
Let's have a go and see whether there is any point in playing it, or we can gather enough information and then approach the developers with improvement ideas. Thank you all.
« Previous12...56789101112Next »

81/112
M e R L i N - Eternal - E X C A L I B U R English
Monday 10/09/2012, 13:11

100% agree with Battery. Tombola was a disaster by empowering some level 10 guy who either will stop playing shortly, or grossly undersell a valuable card to some professional buyer. Slot machine is more democratic and is a more just way of evenly distributing wealth among UR players.
82/112
Tanto89 - Titan - X. LycurguS .X English
Monday 10/09/2012, 14:35

I don't know if you said "more clintz"

if you use the free tickets, yes it is free clintz
but when you start using your clintz to buy the slot machine ticket, then it is no longer free, most likely you will lose or tied, rarely wins
I remember from a movie (21?) slot is for a loser
it always favor the house
the law is 60:40. but it could be more, maybe 70:30

also, yes the chance of winning a Cr is much lower, however 250K also small (how many people reported to get a 250K in this thread? none)
why people like? because it is either go BIG or go home

on lottery, there will be ALWAYS 1 winner, whoever it is
we already talked about this so many times
restrict low level player to play lottery
say: you can only play lottery after level 30
it keeps them motivated to play to level 30 so they can play lottery
more people playing = more lively = more people buying packs
a win-win solution

second, if they don't want to do that since it restrict the right of the player
then UR needs to check EVERY SINGLE winner
it takes only 1 person per day to check it
unfortunately, the winner is announced after working hour, so admin will not bother to check (none of my business anymore since it pass the working hour)
if they are legit and they sell it under priced, then that is their problem
price of CR will not gonna increase as fast as right now because there will be new supply of Crs every day
83/112
Alhalish - Hero - URBAN MADNESS English
Monday 10/09/2012, 15:22

Hmm... I have to disagree with the level restriction bit.

Imagine that you are a new player, and you just received Timber for completing the beginner missions. After finishing a few missions and received Vansaar, you began to notice that the "lottery tickets" that you received are nowhere to be found.

You began asking around, and you received the info that you must be level 30 to access the slot machine. As a newbie with a lot of confidence, you are sure that you will reach it in no time. And then, by the time you received Bridget, you began to realize that leveling up is a long process, then you began asking around again, and you found out that you should play in DeathMatch to receive more EXP.

However, as a level 20 newbie, you are no match for your opponent's DJ Korr Cr, Guru Cr, and General Cr, and then you began to notice that your deck is weak compared to others, and you're wondering how to earn more money. Then you learned that playing in elo, only to find out that it is more challenging than DeathMatch. You're starting to lose more confidence, then by the time that you got Ashigaru with your feeble force, you began to wonder if the slot machine and your lottery tickets are worth the effort.

And
84/112
Alhalish - Hero - URBAN MADNESS English
Monday 10/09/2012, 15:28

(Drat, I clicked send message way too early.)

And then, you began considering to buy credits to compete with other players, then you began purchasing credits/doing surveys, and within a short time, now your deck is tough enough to face veteran players.

Finally, you got Eyrik and you have access to the slot machine, wondering if your struggles will pay off... only to find out that you will get measly rewards from it. Then a sudden realization hit you, that the lottery tickets that you earned through dedication are worthless.

TL;DR : Nobody wants to waste a lot of time to get measly rewards and an unlikely grand prize.
85/112
Tanto89 - Titan - X. LycurguS .X English
Monday 10/09/2012, 16:07

@Alhalish:
you might want to read again..
lottery ticket is LOTTERY or we called it TOMBOLA (it is different than SLOT MACHINE)

1 ticket can give you access to a DJ Korr Cr, Guru Cr., etc
this is real lottery
prize: DJ Korr Cr
maximum ticket you can use? 25 tickets (25 entries)
the winner? someone among us and there will be 1 winner

the draw? every day
sometimes it is as cheap as Diyo Cr, and can go high up to guru, general, dj korr etc

yes the slot machine is worthless
but tombola is different

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/2194/tombola.png
what do you think about this? enter the draw put 1 to 25 tickets, and you got a chance to get a Marlysa Cr
more tempting than that measly 250K no?

do you think it will be worthless for them to dream an easy DJ Korr Cr after they level up to level 30?
I don't think so
86/112
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Monday 10/09/2012, 17:25

@Battery: Please explain why you think the chances of winning a CR through Tombola (roughly 1/10,000) are less than the chances of winning 250k through Slot Machine (roughly 1/?????, we clearly do not have at least one winner per day or someone would have come forth with a screenshot by now.) Not trying to be argumentative, just very curious as to whether you have something that lead you to that conclusion, or if you are "guesstimating."

@Merlin: Many people feel that the tombola didn't work some of the time, but many people feel that the slot machine *never* works. As some people have tried to point out, it fails at the most important thing that an element of any game can do, which is making the players excited. I'm not saying we should necessarily go back to the old system, but there's probably a better solution that is both democratic and exciting. I hope UR staff give some thought to implementing one.
87/112
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Monday 10/09/2012, 17:35

The ammount of players online a day is about 30,000+ usall just under 9000 at certain times but people log on, log off all the time. If they all use there 1 ticket thats a 1 in 30,000 chance to win the Cr. If they use more then 1 that increases. If they all used the maximum 25 tickets thats a maximum 1/750,000 chance. Im pritty sure the chance for the 250,000 is less them 1 in 750,000 lol .

p.s just because no english player has posted a win dosn't mean there not winning and they are also anuther 12 communitys.
88/112
Memento Mori - Titan - Open Casket English
Monday 10/09/2012, 17:42

Take into account that lots and lots of players don't take part in the forums. Just play, chat in their guilds and leave.
89/112
M e R L i N - Eternal - E X C A L I B U R English
Monday 10/09/2012, 17:58

@Tanto89: Definitely not more clintz. I was supporting Battery's opinion that this is more democratic.
If you read my post 70, you can find that I have said what you said, before.
Like any slot machine, the odds are definitely in favour of the house. Otherwise, how are they gonna make good on all the free tickets they give out?
90/112
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Monday 10/09/2012, 18:03

Its not more for the player who won the Cr but its more for everyone else.

« Previous12...56789101112Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals