Click here if you forgot your password.

Risks and Perils

Risks and Perils
Friday 07/10/2011, 10:53
Orpheus - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
60 messages
Risks and Perils
Orpheus - Legend - §§ Les Gentlemen Ténébreux §§English - Friday 07/10/2011, 10:53

In Clint City, you need to be able to make sacrifices. Gretchen wouldn’t think twice about risking her life to protect a tree. To get Cortez to spare him, Spyke had to agree never to speak or use his hands again. And while Flanagan devotes himself to concocting – and trying out! – new explosive cocktails, Karrion is all set to spend his eternal life in the Cave of Secrets...
Get these characters in the shop's packs
« Previous123456Next »

21/60
Pilluminati - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Friday 07/10/2011, 15:23

Spyke may be tough,but Karrion....he is really something. Sure some people say "oh his 7/5 is nothing ill take him". There was another 7 powered monster 5 star in the nightmares.What was his name again....oh i think it was Kolos. Yeah,that Kolos. Im just saying dont sleep on Karrion because hes a versatile bluff/offensive threat no matter who you pair him up with,whether it be his defeat comrades,whether its with Artus or Nistarok,or even nerfenti(sic),or whether its with kenny himself(he always does seem to get a new partner to screw around with around this time,i noticed...must be because its october,lol).

So the lesson here is: dont sleep on Karrion,because if you're not watching him,he might kill you.
22/60
Tanto89 - Titan - X. LycurguS .X English
Friday 07/10/2011, 16:02

@Cw_Ackbar:
I diagree about Spyke
you are mentioning weaknesses that almost every card has
SOA hurts for most of cards (you can't deny this)
even though SOA takes his ability he is still solid 7/5, not too shabby for a level 4
so, how many power reducer that can make him has lower power than his opp in ELO?
that's low for sure, and no one use Platinum, and Ralph is still below him, so no need to mention them..
it's not like you will fight Mona, Prince Jr, caelus, Tula, Oshitsune, and Platinum in one hand right?
you can avoid against them
against All Stars? he still 5 power while his opp most likely becomes 4 (with some exceptions)

DR? are you talking this card in term of DT? it's like saying, Dorian has problem with DR, why? because there are many Spiaghi, Uranus and graks in DT
of course it is not always the case,
many people's standard is ELO, so we need to see on the ELO side too, Uranus and graks are permanently banned in ELO
even if against DR, he still has -2 opp life min 2 which is not too bad considering you can win easily using this card
23/60
NYKnicks1and7 - Master English
Friday 07/10/2011, 16:06

Great release bezerk needs cards just as good as Spyke from now on i rarely see any bezerk players other than some low lvls with rainbow decks Karrion is good to but gumbo or Kolos might be used over him in a mono but elo for sure safe bet
24/60
0 Rowan LoA - Titan - Legends of America English
Friday 07/10/2011, 16:37

The worst thing about these releases is their flash introduction. Seriously, they're just blinking lol.
25/60
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Friday 07/10/2011, 16:55

I have them all Karrion will be the 5* i use in ELO (unless gumbo is unbanned Ghumbo (maby even then but i would need to test Karrion first)). Spyke is the second 4* Berzerk i would use Elvis being the first. Flanagan is the 2nd 2* Junkz i would use 3rd if Gil is unbanned after Veenyle Cr. Gretchen might work due to the ammount of dr Roots have but this would need testing.
26/60
CS_Ackbar - Imperator - Comfort In Sound English
Friday 07/10/2011, 16:56

Tanto, power reducers with a minimal -2 min 5 leave him as 5/5 4 star.. Sure, barring SoA he'll almost always have one more power but, throw any type of atk manip into the equation and he becomes something of a lame duck was the point I was trying to make by throwing Ralph out there.

Nellie, a staple for the very common Uppers will just destroy him. Dreen, a very common Junkz 2* (Maybe less so with Flanagan now...)destroys him. Revengeful Aniki (okay that one was just silly, almost everyone hates Aniki and won't use him, so he can be disregarded.), Toro, Rolph, almost any GHEIST/Roots pow manip or 8 power card hurts like hell. SoB DRs just absolutely kill his offensive potential.

Sure, almost all cards share these weaknesses but for him they're amplified as he relies somewhat heavily on his ability to get through for 5 damage (+-2 opp life, min 2)and without his ability, or with less damage he just isn't a game changer. Is he a very good card? Absolutely. Is he the kind of beast deserving an automatic perma ELO ban like many people keep repeating? Absolutely not.
27/60
4evrafterlife - Senior English
Friday 07/10/2011, 19:05

Of course on this monstrous release my paypal decides not to work. oh well there goes fast profit. here's to watching them fall in price and me scooping them up for later
28/60
vampirella11 - Novice English
Friday 07/10/2011, 19:44

I love the new characters!
29/60
LoA Mithander - Imperator English
Friday 07/10/2011, 19:51

I have a giant gripe with Karrion. He is not the card that Nightmare needed. Nightmare has always had excellent early and mid game cards, that had never been an issue. Ghumbo was a late game 5* making him the perfect way to close the deck. Karrion, however, is an early game nuke, basically making the rest of your deck pointless. Nightmare needed a 5* that was stable power with maybe unstable damage (I would like a Ray clone actually or a Skrum clone) in order to utilize the deck to its fullest. Karrion does not do that. He has subpar power, 7 is bad for a 5*, and relies on you to throw him early.
My second gripe is that it doesn't replace Ghumbo if he's gonna get banned as often as well. The point of having a Ghumbo replacement, who was a replacement for Kolos, was because those cards are broken. Make a reasonable card to replace an unreasonable one if you don't wanna get it banned....
I'm happy the UR staff is trying to help out Nightmare, but this is not the way they should go about it... I really don't want to be "that guy" but I think certain clans should just be benched because their mono potential is weaker than another clan (split decks have an innate disadvantage to monos). Nightmare needs a stabled-powered 5*...
30/60
Puddin Tame - Guru English
Friday 07/10/2011, 20:22

I can't believe the staff released a card as overpowered as Spyke. Especially after just perma-banning Gil, Yayoi and Kerry

« Previous123456Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals