Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Cards that looks weak on paper, but isnt?

Tuesday 07/02/2012, 12:16
kung-fu dk - Veteran English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
55 messages
kung-fu dk - Veteran English - Tuesday 07/02/2012, 12:16

Do you know any cards here that looks weak on paper, but are actually pretty good/great?

for me, Petra is the 1 card that looks weak on paper but are good . i mean 7/5 for a 4*? looks pretty weak. but the truth is that her sob shuts down annoying attack manipulation clans, and then puts the opponents down to 1 pill less most of the time
« Previous123456Next »

41/55
Skittish - Legend - Open Casket English
Monday 13/02/2012, 10:13

Randy, Tula and Laura LB_Abnormal has hit the nail on the head, these 3 are great cards.
42/55
Alhalish - Veteran - URBAN MADNESS English
Monday 13/02/2012, 11:36

Helps with GHEIST's playing style, eh?

Let's see now... when you use GHEIST, it's always about playing aggressively, like the usual "Draheera + Methane" combo or the "bluff with Leviatonn + Wardom" combo, because unlike Roots, their defensive counterpart, that's the reason why they have high damage.

And how, does Elke's ability help? -1 pillz won't scare anyone... and even though 3 damage is above average for a 2* star, it's hard to deal damage with her because of her 6 power, and SOA won't help you this time. 7/8 power cards are very popular in elo, remember? Elvis, Jakson, Dregn, etc.

The best 2* in elo? Really? Is it because Arkn is banned? Please, I'd rather pick Z3r0 D34d/Platinum over Elke any day of the week...
43/55
Rainbow-Dash - Senior English
Monday 13/02/2012, 17:16

You're facing noobs who use her as a first turn card most likely
play against her when your opp starts with another card, and has Anibal or Wardom in their deck. She's the fuel to the fire for them in later rounds, especially when the opp has a pillz advantaqe over you (or needs to steal one pill from you to prevent a loss)

Just yesterday in elo, in round 3, me and my opp were tied. 6 pillz and 9 life. 3rd round he uses Elke. I figure I'm pretty screwed unless he pilled it. I could've won with Diana but Nimestiec 5 pilled wouldn't beat Wardom 6. Even 6 pilled he wouldn't beat him. So I used Nimestiec that round, won the round, I'm a pill behind, and he wins with Wardom next round. Now he wouldn't have won if I didn't lose that pill see? xD
44/55
Anton Chigurh - Imperator - WeAreOne_R20 English
Wednesday 26/09/2012, 22:32

Randy – not so much underrated, was always considered a staple. still, theres no better pow=opp card
Eddie – 3dmg seems much to low for 4*s, max13 seems awkward, so ppl usuall low-pill or overpill
Nahema – 5*s usually dont get underrated. this one gets up to 8/10, it can win a fight on its own, DRs provided
Gertjan – so hard to overcome. only problem is to build a decent Roots mono deck
Tobbie – with less SOA clans active becomes even stronger

Wesley – imho tops all the above. as a starters card ppl often think Wesley just draws pills on mid- and high-lvl-player hands. but so often, with just 2 or 3 pills, he is the key to win 3 rounds and usually the fight
45/55
Wednesday 26/09/2012, 23:33

Randy – not so much underrated, was always considered a staple. still, theres no better pow=opp card
Eddie – 3dmg seems much to low for 4*s, max13 seems awkward, so ppl usuall low-pill or overpill
Nahema – 5*s usually dont get underrated. this one gets up to 8/10, it can win a fight on its own, DRs provided
Gertjan – so hard to overcome. only problem is to build a decent Roots mono deck
Tobbie – with less SOA clans active becomes even stronger

Wesley – imho tops all the above. as a starters card ppl often think Wesley just draws pills on mid- and high-lvl-player hands. but so often, with just 2 or 3 pills, he is the key to win 3 rounds and usually the fight
46/55
Mr Intelijent - Hero - D-Versified English
Thursday 27/09/2012, 01:23

You bump a thread, to say that 5 staples re underrated?

Randy = Seen in every Allstars deck. Massive damage and great for DTs and Elo
Eddie = The 4 star staple for Ulu Watu in Survivor and Elo
Nahema is kind of meh I guess she is underrated
Gertjan = The best card in Mono Roots, without mono he is generally 6/4 + 8 attack which is still usable
Tobbie = Tell me one non Survivor Type 2 deck that doesn't use Tobbie -_-
Wesley = In almost every DT deck I verse him atleast twice every DT I play.
47/55
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open Casket English
Thursday 27/09/2012, 15:42

Lol most underrated by far is Ward hg super good card but not much use because of competition.... other than that there is:

and lol saying Elke is bad is saying you dont play GHEIST... GHEIST ALWAYS lacks pillz
i think Snowflake is kinda underrated i dont see that much use of her...
XU52 is better than Wardom never gets used.
Cutey is kinda overlooked because of 6 power.
Oraya is kinda overlooked i find that 10 damage gap very attractive.
someone might disagree but i dont see enough use of Fuzz-- best 5 star of the clan.
Naginata is almost never seen idk why... its fairly solid against soa and best 5* of the clan
Arawaka is super threatening in elo first round as well.

and i saw someone mention Nightmare... its not that their 2 stars are underrated its just that there is way too much competition i can make a deck of 2 stars and still win games in elo

in order of best to worst (usable 2 stars): Artus, Mawpin, Phyllis, Eadh, Sheitane, Bill, Hel, heck even K Cube is usable. see that would make an usable deck
48/55
Hula_Daisy - Colossus - Immortality English
Thursday 27/09/2012, 16:15

I'd go with Bennie as people tend to use Graff or B Ball over Him but he has more damage then Both of those 2 cards and can have 9 Power thanks to his ability and Bonus sort of like a 2* Loocio but with 1 less Power and 1 Less damage
49/55
Thoazol - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Thursday 27/09/2012, 16:35

"Stanford, some people says too shaky, but he is actually very good
not many SOA and low power cards in the meta
everyone would use high powered card, and even against SOA clan, Stanford has -10 attack bonus which help him tremendously"
I reject your Stanford, and substitute my Jim Cr.
50/55
Thursday 27/09/2012, 18:25

@mr intelligent youre right about Tobbie, but i disagree on Eddie, Gertjan and Wesley.
cards i see more often and/or considered staple: Buck, Numar, Shayna, Wee Lee even Zack // Jeena, Rico, noodlle cr, Yookie // Elvira, Buckler, Anita, Daussone, slyde

« Previous123456Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals